What's everybody's holiday drink tonight? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

What's everybody's holiday drink tonight?

Whatever they serve at Communion at church tonight. Hey, guys... it is Christmas Eve, not New Year's Eve.

I'm going to Mass in a few hours. I like to think of communion as the pre-game warm-up.

I haven't had that Lagunitas offering yet either let me know how it is. I love most of their other stuff.

I just want to issue a formal apology here and now. You know when you go to Wegmans to assemble one of those $10 mix-n-match craft brew six packs, and the Lagunitas Maximus column is usually empty?

Sorry.

I just want to issue a formal apology here and now. You know when you go to Wegmans to assemble one of those $10 mix-n-match craft brew six packs, and the Lagunitas Maximus column is usually empty?

Sorry.

I had to Google that:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/220/1372

My God man, it's beer, not a night with Anna Kendrick.

edit: (sorry, no crap to you b/p)

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaid Baaaaaaack . . . . .. .
With my mind on my money and my money on my mind….

I'm pretty sure I'm in a narrow demo of 65-year-old white (and Jewish) men who have a copy of Snoop's classic debut, Doggystyle; it's on my all-time top 10 list going back to the first vinyl I bought, the Kingsmen, for $2.99 in the early '60s at Jay's Record Ranch in downtown Rochester.

I had to Google that:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/220/1372

My God man, it's beer, not a night with Anna Kendrick.

edit: (sorry, no crap to you b/p)

Wegmans (several CNY stores, anyway) does stock that - but the bottle is much shorter. Just a wink-wink to those SU fans who don't realize they can get a sixer of fine ale up to 8% (essentially a booze match for a 12 pack of Bud or something). Or a 12 of Guinness (stout is NOT high in alcohol, laddies, just B Vitamins!). That's how those monks survived all that nasty crap going down between 400 A.D. (Caesar getting offed, and his aqueducts crumbling; kinda like Walton ave. pipes deteriorating now), and 1300 A.D. (bubonic plague, and China announcing a take-out delivery service to Italy).

As far as Anna (I admit I had to google her) goes...well, I'm no Wilt Chamberlain, but I did learn that babe-e-licious doesn't necessarily equate bed-e-licious. Beer can indeed be better than babes when things aren't going right. Just ask the masses...

M00aepc.jpg

As far as Anna (I admit I had to google her) goes...well, I'm no Wilt Chamberlain, but I did learn that babe-e-licious doesn't necessarily equate bed-e-licious. Beer can indeed be better than babes when things aren't going right. Just ask the masses...

"Beer will get you through times of no babes better than babes will get you through times of no beer."

I'm desperately trying to find some place that still has the limited release DogFishHead World Wide Stout, but striking out so far.

Failing that I will go with TMI Bitter Chocolate Stout and/or TMI Double Detonation IPA. Homebrew FTW!

(oh, and I'll probably close out the night with a Laguantis Brown Shugga!)

Me thinks that Brown Shugga will close you out for sure...strong stuff
OO44

With my mind on my money and my money on my mind….

I'm pretty sure I'm in a narrow demo of 65-year-old white (and Jewish) men who have a copy of Snoop's classic debut, Doggystyle; it's on my all-time top 10 list going back to the first vinyl I bought, the Kingsmen, for $2.99 in the early '60s at Jay's Record Ranch in downtown Rochester.

What, no Dino, Desi and Billy? ;)

Where you at in PA? I'm right on the boarder east of 83 a stones throw from MD. Heck we could meat up some time and enjoy a beer together. I totally hear you about expendable income and beer. The beer I prefer costs some dough. I'm a big time Belgian Beer fan! Duval, St. Bern, LaTrappe Quad (used to be Kohningshoven still the best boosy quad ever IMO even better than Allagash 4)

I'm in York. Sounds like you're not too far from me.

I'm in York. Sounds like you're not too far from me.

Its about 20min to south York for me. My Wife's family is mainly located in the York area. I have to go now but hit me with a PM sometime. What are you doing for the Nova game? I can't invite you to the house till I met you once or twice, got kids and all, but I'd watch a game with you someplace for sure, share a drink or two.

What, no Dino, Desi and Billy? ;)
You don't work for the NSA, do you? How'd you know about my Dino, Desi, and Billy experience?

Summer of '67, home in Rochester between freshman and sophomore years of college, went to the War Memorial with my sweet Catholic girlfriend Susie (have a soft spot for Irish girls, even married, and divorced, one).

My first big show evah, actually second counting the Loving Spoonful spring quarter at college in Ohio; that was sweet.

Anywho, back to Dino, Desi and Billy; they were on a bill playing between Scott McKenzie and the headliners, the Mamas and the Papas. Heart be still.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom