What's the best guess for limited fans? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What's the best guess for limited fans?

I ride a booze bus with 20-30 people, most of them through group season tickets, to each game. It doesn’t make much sense to force them to socially distance once they’re in the dome especially when all of their tickets are in the same area.

I understand why they might have to do it so don’t “well actually” me but with enough screening/conversation between SU and STH I would think that a plan above 25% could be implemented.

Yeah the way this ends up happening will be interesting. I don't expect the solution to be static. It will morph. They will likely have 3 or 4 plans going into the end of July. My guess is some people will be unhappy as this is a first and some feathers will get ruffled. They should stop selling season tickets though until the lay of the land is clear, especially if most versions of their plans require people who have bought seasons to move some where else seat wise in the dome.

Texas announced 25% Guinea pigs for professional sporting events in outdoor stadiums, starting in June.

I guess we'll see how that goes.

I know what happened the last time a bunch of Guinea Pigs got together..
420.gifv.gif

Last edited:
This is a good idea. However, it is complicated by Tuttle's thinking above (which I tend to agree with) that families may be allowed to sit together. View attachment 181836
I agree it’s complicated. SU may have to reach out to fans and see how they feel about being placed together by the number of season tickets sold to an account. For example, they could seat four people together and then separate the next group. It could be a single, two people or a group of whatever. They then proceed to social distance from there. They could also group people back to back in rows too. SU will have to decide how they can maximize fans in seats. It’s a tough job. I hope we get to attend some games.

all a guess until we know what testing they are doing by then. 3months from now we might have pretty good 5 min test and some treatment miracle drugs.

We know some rough number of STH.. what we dont know is how many groups that really is. Say it was 10K of STH and they avg 4 people thats 2500 groups.. Some groups are more some are 1-2. the more big groups willing to sit together the more you fit in.

maybe the first 4-5 rows cant be used to help keep the kids safer.

SU should place the individual orange seats in locations to demonstrate social distancing. You can only sit in a orange seat. This will support ushers.
So my 5 season tickets will be spread out over 10 seats?

8k is what I’ve heard.
I’m sure that’s fluid though. Things can get much worse or hopefully much better by mid-September

The whole idea of reduced capacity confuses me. Whether you have 25 thousand or 45 thousand you will have a large number of people sitting near eachother, walking in the tunnels and bathrooms close to eachother that will be going back out into the public.
We are doing it now in Florida. Pinellas County is removing restrictions on beaches...just encouraging social distance protocols.

Maybe they’ll leave the roof off the dome. That way it’s an outdoor venue for the year and they can expand capacity

8k is what I’ve heard.
so thats gotta be what 33% or so of season ticket base after taking out the group sales ? They should definitely stop selling season tickets then unless they tell anyone that if capacity is that low that they are placing a deposit on potential 21 seasons or that they are first to be forced out by social distance guidelines.

im guessing that once they have a number they will send a survey/email on if each season ticket holder was still planning to come to games if allowed that will cut some of the season ticket holders/groups off the list.

No AC for Colgate...with folks wearing homemade FrankenMasks...lol.

Glad 3 hospitals are within 1/4 mile.

I'd play Colgate at 7pm

No AC for Colgate...with folks wearing homemade FrankenMasks...lol.

Glad 3 hospitals are within 1/4 mile.

I'd play Colgate at 7pm
3 AM is probably the coolest time.

I’ve been a fan of Cuomo but him shafting upstate today with not allowing them to move to phase 2 with no real reason as to why is absolutely maddening..would assume that does damage to fans for the fall

The whole idea of reduced capacity confuses me. Whether you have 25 thousand or 45 thousand you will have a large number of people sitting near eachother, walking in the tunnels and bathrooms close to eachother that will be going back out into the public.
The easy way around this (and I think what some stadiums are planning for, like Hard Rock Stadium) is based off your ticket, you can only enter and exit the stadium from one gate. Once inside you are not allowed access to the entire stadium there is a limited area with bathroom/concessions you can use and you can't go past a certain part of the stadium on each side.

When its time to leave you leave like its a church, one row at a time and everyone waits for the row (in front or behind them depending on upper level or lower level) leaves before you get up and leave. Hard Rock Stadium has planned for some of these things already. I think other stadiums will follow suit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom