What's the best guess for limited fans? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

What's the best guess for limited fans?

Yeah slippery slope here, can’t exclude some season ticket holders and include others. Would I still get my seats next year? etc etc etc.

September is still a long ways away, I think they are going to go with the option of only season ticket holders if I had to guess...

I think it'll be a lottery of some sort. I think the way to appease more season ticket holders would be to split it up so that a STH gets tickets to half the home games and another person gets tickets to the other half of home games for that seat. That would probably cover most STHs and allow them to see half the games.

could mix of that too. maybe 50% would be happy with half and 50% want all? or some mix of that? Until they really have a number of seats its hard to know what to do. I would think maybe reaching out of the STH and ask what kind of blocks of seats each expect is something they should find out.
maybe 2 families of 4 that have 8 tickets dont want to sit near people yet, maybe they do.

maybe STH wont want to come at all.. maybe another set wont come if there isnt the normal food and drink or parking options?

How do you resell a ticket without really knowing what kind of person you are throwing into the mix safely in your bubble?

I think it'll be a lottery of some sort. I think the way to appease more season ticket holders would be to split it up so that a STH gets tickets to half the home games and another person gets tickets to the other half of home games for that seat. That would probably cover most STHs and allow them to see half the games.
I don’t know how they are going to select what season ticket holders will be allowed to attend the football games but if they don’t use the new Donor Rank system to make the selections it may have a big impact on future donations to SU Athletics.

I don’t see a person who is a making monthly donation to SU Athletics (and has a high donor ranking) continuing to make a donation after they tell him he can’t attend the games this season.

Just my thoughts.

I don’t know how they are going to select what season ticket holders will be allowed to attend the football games but if they don’t use the new Donor Rank system to make the selections it may have a big impact on future donations to SU Athletics.

I don’t see a person who is a making monthly donation to SU Athletics (and has a high donor ranking) continuing to make a donation after they tell him he can’t attend the games this season.

Just my thoughts.

The same can be said for just the regular lowlife season ticket holders...if they tell me I can’t go, but some other person can go that has bought seasons, I’ll make sure to never own season tickets ever again

Is there a current confirmed number of STH that have re-upped? If that number is in the range of 10k to 15k then I would wager they feel alright about accommodating those numbers in context of plans being reviewed. If numbers are higher than what the plans on the table are contemplating then they have just painted themselves in a corner with their ongoing push for sales. Hopefully there is a "voice of the customer " being represented in their meetings.

Not sure about that. You are "hoping" for that and "hoping" isn't a plan.

He posted it as too early to plan, and you gave him crap. Then he provided some generalized numbers, which could be "tweaked," and you crapped on it further.

Having 10 plans is not having a plan. Structuring plans off the unknown is not having a plan. At least it does not amount to having anything meaningful.

My guess is that the University is brainstorming and reviewing different models. I can't imagine they will be able to pare down actual options until August at the earliest. This situation has been and remains very fluid.

Is there a current confirmed number of STH that have re-upped? If that number is in the range of 10k to 15k then I would wager they feel alright about accommodating those numbers in context of plans being reviewed. If numbers are higher than what the plans on the table are contemplating then they have just painted themselves in a corner with their ongoing push for sales. Hopefully there is a "voice of the customer " being represented in their meetings.
i believe last year there was around 25 k season ticket holders, some just to go to clemson game, i believe they said around 80-90 % have renewed which would be around 21k

Ask the CNYers which teams are beneath them and not worth their attention and attendance, then tell them all 6 are the home slate this year.

they’ll get 20k a game and not have to send anyone away.

Given everything that's going on right now, you can toss the limited fan stuff out of the window and end the lockdowns now

Why? The virus doesn’t exist anymore just because people are focused on something else? I don’t get your point?

Why? The virus doesn’t exist anymore just because people are focused on something else? I don’t get your point?

The mass congregations. Social distancing has gone out of the window. The NY Daily News just put out an article calling for a complete lift of the lockdown.

The mass congregations. Social distancing has gone out of the window. The NY Daily News just put out an article calling for a complete lift of the lockdown.

And if the virus takes back off again because of this...?? Just lift everything anyway? Still confused.

And if the virus takes back off again because of this...?? Just lift everything anyway? Still confused.

Reuters article using a study from Italy and Spain would beg to differ on the virus reemerging.

i believe last year there was around 25 k season ticket holders, some just to go to clemson game, i believe they said around 80-90 % have renewed which would be around 21k

Not sure that 80-90 % number is anywhere near accurate.

There are a decent # of older season ticket holders. If the virus situation is not improved the doling out of seats may take care of itself.

As I’ve said elsewhere I’m guessing 6k-10k. Depending on boxes, families sitting closer and maybe standing room it will approach the 10k.
Yup. 8,700 is a number that I’ve heard twice now from higher ups. Sigh...

so they need a plan on how to handle 8700, 12k, 15k, 20k cause all of those are possible in the next 2 months.

since they have not even asked any STH about how they might be using the tickets in group settings how did they come up with any number at all? Did they just guess? did they run some programming against it? did the just sit random people 2 seats apart all over ?

so they need a plan on how to handle 8700, 12k, 15k, 20k cause all of those are possible in the next 2 months.

since they have not even asked any STH about how they might be using the tickets in group settings how did they come up with any number at all? Did they just guess? did they run some programming against it? did the just sit random people 2 seats apart all over ?
If I get left out I’ll be super pissed. I’ve had seasons for over 20 years and have been going to games for 40 years. They really want to alienate people like me?

If I get left out I’ll be super pissed. I’ve had seasons for over 20 years and have been going to games for 40 years. They really want to alienate people like me?

I've had seasons for 40 years.

If I'm restricted to only two games this season, it's not going to bother me one bit.

Even if capacity is limited to 12.5K, I expect a significant number of season ticket holders, especially the seniors, will decide to take SU's offer of passing on getting their season tickets for this season, with the hopes of returning next season.

I think people are dramatically over estimating the willingness of fans to attend games in person. If it turns out 12.5K is the number, I think it will be enough to allow everyone who is willing to buy a ticket to attend.

Maybe we should have a poll. I would be very interested to see how many people on this board, who are all die hards, are definitely planning on attending all home games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom