What's the cut off line for DM? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

What's the cut off line for DM?

you cant expect wins with this team -
same guys who had trouble with tulane and rhode island- and you expect a win?

Well, I don't expect to go 0-12.

You mean the same team that drilled West Virginia and dug deep to beat Wake Forest?

Or the team that will be playing in 2012, which will (likely) feature multiple running backs, a new (hopefully) improved right side of the offensive, and a more seasoned back seven on defense- with more experienced and accomplished coaches.

But you're right. Last year's team won a couple of close games to two teams it should have blown out. Let's write off this season right now.

For christsakes, they also blew out WVU.

They were a couple of plays from beating Rutgers, Uconn, and Pitt. They lost those games with turnovers and not making a stop or two on defense. They weren't that far away from 6,7 or 8 wins.

They didn't handle the pressure of needing a win and adversity very well, but it wasn't as if they were overmatched all year. The year before they were great in close games and made plays in the 4th. This year it was the opposite. Fact of the matter the record the last two was 13-12, which is exactly where this program, a .500 plus or minus 2 program, and where is should be given where they took over.

This schedule has one baked in loss, one backed in win. After that it's 10 games against basically peer programs on a scale from Missouri to Temple.

For christsakes, they also blew out WVU.

They were a couple of plays from beating Rutgers, Uconn, and Pitt. They lost those games with turnovers and not making a stop or two on defense. They weren't that far away from 6,7 or 8 wins.

They didn't handle the pressure of needing a win and adversity very well, but it wasn't as if they were overmatched all year. The year before they were great in close games and made plays in the 4th. This year it was the opposite. Fact of the matter the record the last two was 13-12, which is exactly where this program, a .500 plus or minus 2 program, and where is should be given where they took over.

This schedule has one baked in loss, one backed in win. After that it's 10 games against basically peer programs on a scale from Missouri to Temple.

then you can also say they were a few plays from 2-10-hell the refs game them 1 win

uconn let us stay in the game with turnovers- rutgirls was a abomination on everything offense-

1 good offensive game in 12-wv-

wake had the starting qb go down and never looked right after-

You mean the same team that drilled West Virginia and dug deep to beat Wake Forest?

Or the team that will be playing in 2012, which will (likely) feature multiple running backs, a new (hopefully) improved right side of the offensive, and a more seasoned back seven on defense- with more experienced and accomplished coaches.

But you're right. Last year's team won a couple of close games to two teams it should have blown out. Let's write off this season right now.

wow had 1 good game-wv-and wake didnt do anything after they lost the starting qb,if they didnt lose him who is to say they dont score more?
same team that got a win because of blind refs-

and as far as i know the other teams will also have improved players-not like syracuse is the only one-

wow had 1 good game-wv-and wake didnt do anything after they lost the starting qb,if they didnt lose him who is to say they dont score more?
same team that got a win because of blind refs-

and as far as i know the other teams will also have improved players-not like syracuse is the only one-

I can play this game too- What if Phil Thomas hadn't dropped a sure Pick-Six against Rutgers? What if Krautman had converted that field goal against UCONN? Those two instances could have made the team 7 and 5.

And because other teams are improving automatically makes Syracuse worse off?

I can see where you're coming from though- it's much more enjoyable to win when you believe you'll lose every single game. I see you're trying to convince yourself of that now so a Bowl Game qualifying campaign will be extra sweet later.

then you can also say they were a few plays from 2-10-hell the refs game them 1 win

uconn let us stay in the game with turnovers- rutgirls was a abomination on everything offense-

1 good offensive game in 12-wv-

wake had the starting qb go down and never looked right after-

You can do this in either direction, the only thing that matters is the record 5-7. Not good and I think next year should be a lot like this year but we have to finish beter and close better in the 4th, the season will be decided on 4-5 close games

record was 4-8-

the other win was a gift

Well, in my mind Syracuse's record was 6 and 6 because Phil Thomas was going to score a touchdown if he didn't drop the pick. That was a gift, too.

You can do this in either direction, the only thing that matters is the record 5-7. Not good and I think next year should be a lot like this year but we have to finish beter and close better in the 4th, the season will be decided on 4-5 close games

Yep

record was 4-8-

the other win was a gift
Can't play that game. You are what your record says you are.

How can you be so sure we wouldn't have won that game in overtime? Answer? You can't. So, we are what our record says we are.

record was 4-8-

the other win was a gift

OK. well where does it say 4-8? I would like to see that. Stop it. The team collapsed at the end of the season nobody is disputing that and I was as pissed off as anybody about it but the record was 5-7, not good but 5-7 is what it is. I am far from a Marrone apologist but I think he has addressed the issues at this point and will move on. We will find ourselves in very familair territory in many games next year, lets see if we respond before we completely write the guy off. Like I said, I was as pissed off as anybody

record was 4-8-

the other win was a gift

just stop. you sound like the idiots in the media. if that xp was no good, you DON'T KNOW if we would have won or lost.

No bowl no extension. Ending last year on a 5 game losing streak, the Rutgers loss, not being able to duplicate the effort that won the WV game. No room to give an extension unless he gives some major sign that the program is on the right path.

I would offer Marrone a healthy 2-year extension today! Yes, I have my doubts like a lot of people, but in my opinion he has earned the security of an additional 2 years. If the upcoming season is a bust I believe he deserves at least one more year, but I would begin to look around and be willing to cut my losses if necessary. But today I am optimistic for good reason, and I want to give my young coach the added job security he's earned.

He's averaging 5.5 wins a year right now in a total rebuilding effort. If he walked away today he would leave the program in much better shape than he found it, and I would argue that the program is better right now than it has been in over a decade.

He has made some frustrating mistakes, and I do wonder sometimes. However, he has shown the willingness to adapt. Of all the offensive minds in college football I believe that very few could match or surpass his coaching and understanding at the NFL level. Obviously, he's struggled some at the college level. The gap between the the coaching time and the level of talent needed to run what he is trying to run in my opinion is too great.

I'm optimistic that he will shift and we will see better results on offesne. I expect the defense this year to be improved even with some of the unexpected departures. The leadership and maturity will be improved. Some of those close losses in 2011 are likely to be close wins similar to what we saw in 2010 unless the offense is much improved and then we might see even better results. Even with the difficult schedule I can see this team winning 7 games again. The depth is improving in quality and numbers, and the recruiting is moving in the right direction.

Marrone is growing on the job while rebuilding a BCS program that sank to the bottom of the barrel. I believe the added job security will facilitate his learning. Be optimistic.

Well, in my mind Syracuse's record was 6 and 6 because Phil Thomas was going to score a touchdown if he didn't drop the pick. That was a gift, too.
right like a total botch job by the refs is the same thing-good grief

right like a total botch job by the refs is the same thing-good grief
In both situations the ball was dropped and the game was decided right there, so yes it is the same thing if you look at it hard enough

In both situations the ball was dropped and the game was decided right there, so yes it is the same thing if you look at it hard enough
thats twisted at best

Yea, they aren't a cupcake. But they are a MAC team and went 5-3 in the MAC. Lost to Ohio and Bowling Green and got hammered at home by Toledo. I expect to win.

Forget Temple we better take care of business against Stony Brook, our showing against 1AA-s leaves a lot to be desired and to be honest I have no idea why. We were obviously more talented last year but could have easily lost that game against RI. StonyBrooks coach is gonna have that team jacked its all NYC guys who think SU "snubbed" them and they want to prove something. We shoudl win by 30+ and I hope we do but people here have a short memory.

Forget Temple we better take care of business against Stony Brook, our showing against 1AA-s leaves a lot to be desired and to be honest I have no idea why.

They don't play fair, with their onside kicks and fake punts.

They don't play fair, with their onside kicks and fake punts.

LOL that was the Maine game, probably the most frustrated I was watching a game that year. It was obvious to every person in the Dome but our Special teams coach that they were gonna run fake after fake and we fell for every single one. I think we learned our lesson for the next year but then we couldnt score for some reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom