What's the cut off line for DM? | Syracusefan.com

What's the cut off line for DM?

CuseJo

Walk On
Now that schedule is out, what is the cut off line for Coach Marrone next year?

I say bowl game or bust. I know the schedule is tough, but this will be his fourth year. We have one FCS team on the schedule and play in the weakest weakest BCS conference in the nation. There is absolutely NO reason that we can't expect a bowl game. Even though we play BCS teams in non-conference schedule, we have Minnesota and Northwestern, who aren't your top 25 teams. Every Big East team is beatable. Yes, USC and @Mizzou will be tough, but you have to expect that your coach have recruited enough players to be able to compete by year 4.

I think we will surprise people and go 8-4. 5-2 in the conference. Coach gets extension.

any bowl game or serious thought has to be given to whether he is the right guy.

He stays no matter what and will usher us into the ACC. He is an alum and i believe he gets three more years regardless. He is the right guy for the job just needs to understand that we hate conservative play calling and decision making. I think if we never punted and hail mary pass all day, fans would be stoked.

As soon as we're bowl eligible, I expect to see an extension announcement. But if we don't make a bowl, his seat will be hot. Very hot indeed.

And rightfully so.

The fact he's an alum does nothing for me. Bowl game or we start the search.

I say bowl game or bust. I know the schedule is tough, but this will be his fourth year. We have one FCS team on the schedule and play in the weakest weakest BCS conference in the nation. There is absolutely NO reason that we can't expect a bowl game. Even though we play BCS teams in non-conference schedule, we have Minnesota and Northwestern, who aren't your top 25 teams. Every Big East team is beatable. Yes, USC and @Mizzou will be tough, but you have to expect that your coach have recruited enough players to be able to compete by year 4.

I think we will surprise people and go 8-4. 5-2 in the conference. Coach gets extension.

This kind of crap is so helpful.

Newsflash ace, they've competed since he got here.

Did you just see the combine results? The four best players from three recruiting classes were slower and weaker than their peers across the board, and again, that's three classes. Not one 5th year senior from the '07 class. Two from '08, two from '09.

He'll be given two years, at least. Next year is when the pressure will be on.

any bowl game or serious thought has to be given to whether he is the right guy.
Are you taking the bait or are you laying it out?
Creme brules for everyone!
couchburn

It took coach mac 6 years to get the program turned around and it hadn't fallen to the depths robinson took the program. You also didn't have 2 additional programs like rutgers and uconn to compete with for recruits. I'd say at least 3 years and then you need to be a winner.

It took coach mac 6 years to get the program turned around and it hadn't fallen to the depths robinson took the program. You also didn't have 2 additional programs like rutgers and uconn to compete with for recruits. I'd say at least 3 years and then you need to be a winner.
This isn't 1987. The landscape of the game and sports itself is completely different. We either have to win next year or at least show that we're on to something.

This isn't 1987. The landscape of the game and sports itself is completely different. We either have to win next year or at least show that we're on to something.[/quote

That's right, because Jake was wrong to stick with Mac.

Again, it's a different time and game. But hey, let's keep dragging our feet in the mud and let attendance slip even more.

This kind of crap is so helpful.

Newsflash ace, they've competed since he got here.

Did you just see the combine results? The four best players from three recruiting classes were slower and weaker than their peers across the board, and again, that's three classes. Not one 5th year senior from the '07 class. Two from '08, two from '09.
Go is there any scenario that you would let Doug go? What is we go 0-12 Does Doug get a life extension or would you just back it off to 10 years. Come on Dude you are worse than me. Doug needs to win. Dont give me any BS about the players they are all his at this point. We play in the weakest conf in the country and if he is too pig headed to schedule a win than bring it on big boy. Win or go home. I think he will win 6 go to a bowl and get a 3 year extension. If however he goes 4 wins or less we should buy out his last year and move forward.

Are you taking the bait or are you laying it out?
Creme brules for everyone!
couchburn

3 years, 4 years, 5 years, now 7. it keeps growing. we went to a bowl in year 2, the depths of hell are greatly exaggerated. the schedule also isn't as tough as some will have you believe. there is no reason why we shouldn't beat stonybrook, temple, uconn, northwestern and minny. it will only take 1 other BE win to get to a bowl. that's only 6 wins being asked for 2 years after winning 7 in the regular season. some don't want to give doug ownership of this program and want to set the bar low.

Doug isnt God he is a good guy who bleeds orange but has yet to prove that he is worthy of leading this team into the ACC. Jimmy Carter is a great individual. I believe he won the Pulitzer but he sucked as a president. Maybe Doug is better in a support role. Who knows. There are many things i like about him. MANY still you either win or you dont. We are not running the boys club of Syracuse we are running a football program. One of the most storied programs in all of college football. Lets see what Doug can do this year. If he does well great give him another 3. If not buy him out and move on. It isnst that hard and he doesnt deserve some huge break just because he went to cuse and wears a charm around his neck with a picture of mac inside. Win a minimum of 5 and you get next year. Win 6 you get a 3 year extension, Win 7-8 and you get a 5 year extension, Win 4 and go back to the NFL. Simple easy. Does anyone really think that any coach should get an extension for losing?

Go is there any scenario that you would let Doug go? What is we go 0-12 Does Doug get a life extension or would you just back it off to 10 years. Come on Dude you are worse than me. Doug needs to win. Dont give me any BS about the players they are all his at this point. We play in the weakest conf in the country and if he is too pig headed to schedule a win than bring it on big boy. Win or go home. I think he will win 6 go to a bowl and get a 3 year extension. If however he goes 4 wins or less we should buy out his last year and move forward.

Evaluations aren't in a vaccum. Recruiting isn't in a vaccum. Absolutes at this point are the standards of morons.

I think coach gets 2 more seasons regardless of results next year. If he goes to a bowl in either year, he gets an extension. We NEED a bowl bad!!!!

I'd give him 3 more years.

the great thing is marrone has hinted that he doesnt care anymore about this PR get some of the fans back BS and wasting his time with it...your either a diehard or your not... he just wants to win..so well see

The program needs stability.

4 coaches in 10 years does more harm than good.

I'm always surprised that people think this is a positive. Basically, coach is saying he can't do both,or that he has been distracted by being HEAD Coach. He's admitting defeat, IMO. But I do agree with one thing, if he wins.., everything else gets easier.

the great thing is marrone has hinted that he doesnt care anymore about this PR get some of the fans back BS and wasting his time with it...your either a diehard or your not... he just wants to win..so well see

I too think we need to get to a bowl game and I expect us to get there. even if its at 6-6.

3 years, 4 years, 5 years, now 7. it keeps growing. we went to a bowl in year 2, the depths of hell are greatly exaggerated. the schedule also isn't as tough as some will have you believe. there is no reason why we shouldn't beat stonybrook, temple, uconn, northwestern and minny. it will only take 1 other BE win to get to a bowl. that's only 6 wins being asked for 2 years after winning 7 in the regular season. some don't want to give doug ownership of this program and want to set the bar low.

You are underestimating Temple and NW. They are both very well coached teams that can move the ball and score. I am putting both of those games in the L column. Our 6 wins are going to have to come from some combo of Minny, SB and Marinara Sauce.

You are underestimating Temple and NW. They are both very well coached teams that can move the ball and score. I am putting both of those games in the L column. Our 6 wins are going to have to come from some combo of Minny, SB and Marinara Sauce.

Northwestern is at home. They were 5-7 last year. I expect we will be favored and we will win. I absolutely think we will win 6+ and get to a bowl game. I know the staff fully expects that too. As fans, some like to set the bar low enough so that success can be met by just showing up.

just like we look at a schedule and give a opinion of the shape of the other team and base it on the record they had -
they do the same thing-think temple doesnt expect a win? or any of the others-

they can see we won 1 game because of bad refs,tulane had us on the ropes,our opener may have been won because they lost the starting qb- we found a way to look bad at everything

1 win was impressive and it was followed up with a 5 game streak of real bad execution by su

it would be a disservice to the program not to make a change if one becomes necessary-you have to start the clock at some point-you cant keep a coach because you hired 2 wrong guys already

gross is also between a rock and a hard place-to fail twice - is unacceptable to a climber like him

wont do any good to give my opinion on what it would take to fire him because i wont be doing it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuse13159

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom