Whats your favorite Dome game/experience | Syracusefan.com

Whats your favorite Dome game/experience

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
I enjoyed watching the 03 team destroy georgia tech at the dome, jarret jack and chris bosh and the yellow jackets got beat down that day. It was a fun to see that loaded SU team play, this my friends is what life is all about.

I enjoyed watching the 03 team destroy georgia tech at the dome, jarret jack and chris bosh and the yellow jackets got beat down that day. It was a fun to see that loaded SU team play, this my friends is what life is all about.

That is what you picked as your all time dome game?

Sure, it was great... But it probably doesnt crack my top 50. Ga tech, while talented, sucked that year.

2003 vs Pitt. McNeil's tip-in to give us a 2-point lead is the loudest moment at a sporting event I've ever heard.

Sure, it was great... But it probably doesnt crack my top 50. Ga tech, while talented, sucked that year.
Yes im talking about games you were at.

I remember watching that game on ESPN; I think that's the first time that year that I realized how special that team could be when everyone was clicking (without Edelin too), so it was a big game in that sense.

Pitt 2003
Penn State 1987
Pearl's game winner vs. Georgetwon

Georgetown 1985.
Georgetown 1989.
34,616. 2010.

Nebraska 1984.
Penn State 1987.
West Viginia 1987.

Air Gait 1988.

Hoops: Georgetown 1985. Boston College: Pearl's Half Court shot game (the dome was never louder for hoops)
Football: Nebraska 1st then Penn State/West Virginia 1987 (the dome was never louder for football)

2003 vs Pitt. McNeil's tip-in to give us a 2-point lead is the loudest moment at a sporting event I've ever heard.
Definitely one of the best. I actually dislocated my shoulder cheering in the first half. I thought I was going to have to leave, but I went to First Aide, they put me back together and was able to watch the rest of the game. Didn't Knight for Pittsburgh hit like a half court shot at the end that of the game that was just like a half second too late? I keep remembering watching the replay to make sure it was not released on time.

Definitely one of the best. I actually dislocated my shoulder cheering in the first half. I thought I was going to have to leave, but I went to First Aide, they put me back together and was able to watch the rest of the game. Didn't Knight for Pittsburgh hit like a half court shot at the end that of the game that was just like a half second too late? I keep remembering watching the replay to make sure it was not released on time.

I had a vasectomy that morning and still went to that game. No way in hell I was missing that one.

Yes. The crowd rushed the court 3 times. Once when the scoreboard erroneously let time elapse, then without regard to knights shot, then after it was official... Boeheim was so pissed on the loud speaker.

Knights shot was more like 1/10th second late.

Jeremy McNeil - " looked good"

I had a vasectomy that morning and still went to that game. No way in hell I was missing that one.

"When I said that I wanted to have kids, and you said you wanted me to have a vasectomy, what did I do? And then, when you said that you might want to have kids, and I wasn't so sure, who had the vasectomy reversed? And then when you said you definitely didn't want to have kids? Who had it reversed back? Snip, snap! Snip, snap! Snip, snap! I did! You have no idea the physical toll that three vasectomies have on a person." -Michael Scott

Yes. The crowd rushed the court 3 times. Once when the scoreboard erroneously let time elapse, then without regard to knights shot, then after it was official... Boeheim was so pissed on the loud speaker.

Knights shot was more like 1/10th second late.

Other than the Jeffrey Mayer game, I think the 2003 Pitt game was the best sporting event I have ever been to. I remember saying to my buddy that there was no way McNeil would knock down those two free throws to tie it with under a minute to go. People forget that Pitt would have been #1 had they won that game. Epic.

Uconn 2000 - Fourth Game I was ever at - had courtside seats to watching us obliterate Calhoun and co

2003 - tougher to choose than I thought (was a freshman that year) but Pitt still is the winner. Sat with my fellow Brew 3 buds outside with orange paint and blue shorts for 4 hours in howling winds with 3 foot snow drifts then nailed front row in the SS, ran around with the Cuse flags with the crowd amped beyond belief as we closed the gap and then loved every minute of the multiple court rushings. The night only got better after that :cool:.

2003 - Gtown/ND - both a tossup.

2003 - Albany regional- games vs Oklahoma and Auburn - loved watching the reaction from the OU fans when we say the hey song... we were definitely the foul mouthed bunch..

Those are my definite faves.. so many great memories since but those always stick out. Hard not for the 2003 games to stick out. One game (I wasnt at) I remember always as well was the Gtown game when Gerry was Mr clutch in 03... we broke several pieces of furniture in that celebration.

My top 5 ones in no particular order:

1998 Va. Tech Football
2010 Villanova Basketball
2001 Auburn Football
2003 Pittsburgh Basketball
2002 Va. Tech Basketball

Nearly made the list.
2011 Wake Forest Football
2000 Va. Tech Football

All of them. Being with friends and family watching SU sports in the Dome is my favorite pastime.

The post-championship gathering at the dome in April '03. "Y'all keep chanting 'one more year', I thought you stayed in school for four years."

For me 87 game vs Gtown. I was in 6th grade and i got a ticket to that game for my birthday that year but it was a long range view. My fathers friend bought a ticket at the box office before the game and somehow got a ticket 13 rows from the court and he let me sit with him. As a 12 year old that was the most exciting game of my life! The crowd was crazy and the game had everything in it, i still can't believe someone hit the top of the backboard with an orange from the upper deck!

and we went to the Varsity for pizza before the game and

I was at school from 2004-08, so my curve is a little different than most of yours, but I'll go with the Georgetown wins in '07 and '08. Apropos of the fact that it shouldn't have been that close, the buzzer-beater three from T-Rob against Rutgers also sticks out.

The game against KU in Kansas City in '08 is among the most exciting games I've been to.

More recently, I came back up for the UConn game last season. The way the team broke it open in the second half was just emblematic of how easy it was to like the team, which couldn't always be said when I was at school during the times of the Wrights, Mike Jones, and on and on.

I was up for the Uconn game as well.. greatly enjoyed Fabs impression of Dirk in that one in the first half.

34,616 was pretty cool. Georgetown this past season (KJ 3 in OT) because I was courtside. Spring game this year because it was my first time in the press box, first time in the post-game press conferences, and 1st Lax game. SU/Pitt in 2003 was fantastic as well.

Mike Lee Kicking the ball in the stands in the St Valentine /St Johns game and Pearls 1/2 Court shot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom