Wheatley, Adkins and Henderson to jills | Syracusefan.com

Wheatley, Adkins and Henderson to jills

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
Per axe

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Marrone

out-on-a-limb.jpg

F

Well, at least we don't have to worry about any other coaching departures.

He even brought Jason Rebrovich with him. Aye!

Pet axe

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Well, at least now we have more leverage with Anselmo. Give him the RC position. At this point, I'm hoping Marrone throws Moore a lifeline. I don't think he's got a role on the new staff. Out of all the coaches on his staff, I think he's the best suited to the pros.

When Mac went to the Patriots he took several of his SU guys. He was fired two years later, in part, because he refused to fire some of those coaches when it became clear that the NFL and college can be very different. The Patriots CEO even gave him a chance to stay if he removed some of the assistants.

Gotta say, if I'm a Bills' fan, I'm not down with this at all. I mean, we had a pretty good coaching staff for a rebuilding college program, but the resumes of these guys will not knock the socks off of NFL fans.I'd be pretty PO'd if I had season tickets.

Looks like McDonald with be the new "Recruiting Ace" then...

Surprised Adkins would take on job as a TE coach. Doug has really gotten himself an offensive staff with little to no NFL expirence. I assume he brings in a WR and OL coach with an NFL pedigree. Hope it works out...

SU will be fine without these guys, just look at Shafers recent hires, they're all qualified guys.

These guys wanted a shot at the NFL, and Doug feeling comfortable with it, offered it.
Personally I don't blame Doug or the assistants, these things happen.

Explains why the JC OL recruits were left out in the cold the last week or so.

Gotta say, if I'm a Bills' fan, I'm not down with this at all. I mean, we had a pretty good coaching staff for a rebuilding college program, but the resumes of these guys will not knock the socks off of NFL fans.I'd be pretty PO'd if I had season tickets.

Dude - it's the Bills... It's where coaches go to die.

Marrone said he was going to hire assistants with thorough NFL experience... and, I'm sure he had a fall back plan if he could not get such seasoned veterans - which was poach more cuse coaches if need be...

Dude - it's the Bills... It's where coaches go to die.

Marrone said he was going to hire assistants with thorough NFL experience... and, I'm sure he had a fall back plan if he could not get such seasoned veterans - which was poach more cuse coaches if need be...

Don't think that even the senile Al Davis would be this parochial when it came to hiring those bedecked in Orange.

Memo to Bills' fans: Please don't blame us when this all goes south.

This has to end it right?

Good to see the Bills finally found someone at Syracuse with NFL experience (Henderson).

Doug is a paranoid meat head who doesnt have the brains to run an nfl team i hope he falls flat on his fat as
I think this pretty much finishes his plunder, and to be honest, it looks like we will be fine. Probably better than that. I think it's time for this:

rear-view-mirror.jpg

Showing my ignorance. What is a "Defensive Quality Control" coach? The Jills have two.

It's a long shot for the Bills to succeed, even with Marrone.

The Pro game is completely different on many levels, & a good chunk of his new staff is greener than Kermit the frog.

In addition, some franchises are just losers, & that's the way it is.

Buffalo had a good four year run & came so close to the pinnacle... It ended, & we haven't seen anything great from them before or since...

In 20 years, I think Doug will look back on his experience with Syracuse & this decision to leave for his first big chance in the NFL, & be full of regret for what might have been.

He might have limited success in Buffalo, but the odds tell us he will be gone from there within 3 or 4 years, moving on to an assistant position in the NFL or another college gig. He may make a good life out of his coaching career, but he will never have the legacy he could have made for himself at Syracuse. His legend will never be realized, as it is with Jim Boeheim.

Maybe he can live with that, & I am sure we will be okay with it too, but it would have been a story for the ages...

At least he didn't take our 3 best recruiters (hackett, not Henderson) ...I would get Foley for OL and hire ERB for RB/ Recruiting coordinator and give Anselmo a bump while keeping ass't HC title/ST

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom