When Did He Know? | Syracusefan.com

When Did He Know?

mantonio

Starter
Did Gross have a reasonable amount of time to take action for a replacement, or is this a Helter Skelter moment?

I think he knew for a while, if you look back to that comment he made in the radio show when asked about an extension for marrone he answered "As long as I'm AD, DM will have a job here". Looking back at that comment now, I could see Marrone telling him at some time prior to that, that he would be looking for an NFL gig after this year and to start getting a list ready. The implication being that there were no hard feelings on TGD's side, this was business, this was the NFL, and if he was the AD in 3-5 years and HCDM was looking to come back to SU for whatever reason, TGD would entertain it again.

This is his third hire in his tenure. He needs to get it right..

I think he knew for a while, if you look back to that comment he made in the radio show when asked about an extension for marrone he answered "As long as I'm AD, DM will have a job here". Looking back at that comment now, I could see Marrone telling him at some time prior to that, that he would be looking for an NFL gig after this year and to start getting a list ready. The implication being that there were no hard feelings on TGD's side, this was business, this was the NFL, and if he was the AD in 3-5 years and HCDM was looking to come back to SU for whatever reason, TGD would entertain it again.
I hope the last part isn't true. Once he is gone, best of luck. But you aren't coming back.

Well we know that Gross now has a lot of experience in looking for a coach so he's light years ahead of P firing.

So he told TGD but not the team or recruits after the bowl win? I don't think so and I don't want him back.

Any good NFL GM or college AD has a list of coaching candidates ready to go at a moment's notice. There should never be a scramble to find a new coach.

Any good NFL GM or college AD has a list of coaching candidates ready to go at a moment's notice. There should never be a scramble to find a new coach.

Especially since his coach was in Arizona interviewing, Gross has to be on top of this I'm sure.

Did Gross have a reasonable amount of time to take action for a replacement, or is this a Helter Skelter moment?

He has known for a couple of weeks, min.

My guess it's been months that this has been a potential considering the knifes were out all year.

Actually that might be a very good thing.

I pray you are right .. but usually it leaks quick because if SU is doing their diligence they seek permission to interview and that hasn't been announced anywhere ... which is shocking to me.

I pray you are right .. but usually it leaks quick because if SU is doing their diligence they seek permission to interview and that hasn't been announced anywhere ... which is shocking to me.
Screw marrone i hope he fails. I probsly dont mean it but i luv su and dont care that much for NFL and he had to go to the bills so i get to hear bout him all the time

In all seriousness, Marrone will not have an easy go in the NFL with an inferior franchise like Buffalo, but this is what competitive people thrive upon.

He is taking on this monumental challenge, & the money that comes with it. Even if he fails, he can still coach in college again somewhere or as an O-coordinator again somewhere in the NFL, & maybe take another shot at head coaching in the bigs eventually.

How can he lose, when the money is so good?

The implication being that there were no hard feelings on TGD's side, this was business, this was the NFL, and if he was the AD in 3-5 years and HCDM was looking to come back to SU for whatever reason, TGD would entertain it again.
You can never go home again, again.

He has known for a couple of weeks, min.

My guess it's been months that this has been a potential considering the knifes were out all year.

What knifes were those?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom