When does the Dome renovation begin? | Syracusefan.com

When does the Dome renovation begin?

Alsacs

Living Legend
I figure they will start after basketball season ends is that correct?
Lax can probably play thru the initial stuff.
Without going thru that large thread on this issue. What is the cliff notes timeline for the renovation.

No LAX games are being moved this season.
As far as I know...no lax games will be moved in 2020. Realistically they could be moved easily to CNS Football stadium. At least the games after mid March.

No LAX games are being moved this season.

Right, I think his point was that they can probably start some of the initial site work while the lax season is underway. Of course, I don't know what that entails, so I'm not sure what's possible.

As far as I know...no lax games will be moved in 2020. Realistically they could be moved easily to CNS Football stadium. At least the games after mid March.
Why CNS and not Coyne?

Why CNS and not Coyne?

Coyle is set up for Field Hockey. Turf is as hard as concrete. We'd be better off playing on the grass at the Soccer Stadium.

Seating capacity is greater at CNS

What is the seating capacity at CNS? Seems as though OCC would make more sense, logistically speaking, and it has a seating capacity of 2,000+.

image_handler.aspx

Pretty sure the work will start in March of 2020. Lacrosse will get a handful games and then be moved out.

SU and the area really needs a SOA Soccer/Lacrosse/Football stadium that seats about 8000...expandable to 10-15K.
It would be great to kill a bunch of needs with one facility.

But I think if lacrosse were to be moved from the Dome, it needs a facility that holds at least 10K. IMHO, it doesn't make sense to spend $250 million dollars+ on the Dome and move a couple of sports out of it.

But soccer is regularly filling its 1500 capacity stadium. Students are sitting on the grass hill behind the goal that runs from Colvin down to the playing field. There is demand for more seats and it would be nice to have a facility with more amenities that is more in line with the great soccer programs SU is in competition with in the ACC.

I would like to see it expanded. Add seats on the east side of the stadium (the side closer to Lancaster), where there is nothing today. Add seats behind the northern goal. I would probably leave the green hill behind the southern goal because it is a popular place to sit and gives the facility a distinctive identify.

In a perfect world, a roof would be added over the existing stands on the western side of the field. That wold get the capacity up well over 3000, in a really intimate, beautiful setting, on campus, and the facility would be available to other sports like lacrosse and football if it was needed because the Dome was not available.

It would be a great asset to HS soccer too. Host sectional games and the state finals there too. With temporary seating and the grass seating, you could get 5000 in there, with all the seats right on top of the field. It could be the best facility for college soccer in the country.

But I think if lacrosse were to be moved from the Dome, it needs a facility that holds at least 10K. IMHO, it doesn't make sense to spend $250 million dollars+ on the Dome and move a couple of sports out of it.

But soccer is regularly filling its 1500 capacity stadium. Students are sitting on the grass hill behind the goal that runs from Colvin down to the playing field. There is demand for more seats and it would be nice to have a facility with more amenities that is more in line with the great soccer programs SU is in competition with in the ACC.

I would like to see it expanded. Add seats on the east side of the stadium (the side closer to Lancaster), where there is nothing today. Add seats behind the northern goal. I would probably leave the green hill behind the southern goal because it is a popular place to sit and gives the facility a distinctive identify.

In a perfect world, a roof would be added over the existing stands on the western side of the field. That wold get the capacity up well over 3000, in a really intimate, beautiful setting, on campus, and the facility would be available to other sports like lacrosse and football if it was needed because the Dome was not available.

It would be a great asset to HS soccer too. Host sectional games and the state finals there too. With temporary seating and the grass seating, you could get 5000 in there, with all the seats right on top of the field. It could be the best facility for college soccer in the country.
Agree on the soccer stadium. They should duplicate the current seating to the other side and do a roof over both.

SU and the area really needs a SOA Soccer/Lacrosse/Football stadium that seats about 8000...expandable to 10-15K.
If we're reducing capacity that far, we better have recliners and personal pee troughs attached to each seat.

If we're reducing capacity that far, we better have recliners and personal pee troughs attached to each seat.
When I said Football Stadium it would be for HS Football, semi-pro and local small colleges.

When I said Football Stadium it would be for HS Football, semi-pro and local small colleges.
So personal pee trough is a no go? I was starting to envision a hydroelectric energy savings plan.

Having been to a few soccer games in the past for a friend on the team, I can attest to seeing the stands regularly packed for games. Those improvements you brought up seem like a logical thing to do for sure.

Afraid not... Chip wanted these installed and they were voted down for some strange reason

sU2mnECusZh3wgN_1lB8BIrzoT1PGZ83UvvacXCI400.jpg
Well in all fairness those are communal troughs and we already have those. Personalized units would need a customized docking station that doesn't obstruct sight lines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom