When will you stop consistently watching? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

When will you stop consistently watching?

When will you stop consistently watching SU hoops?

• Total voters
i will always watch cuse hoops if I’m watching this season.

that said... there seems to be a growing number of my friends and family that seem clueless of what’s going on when I talk cuse hoops. they used to be able to list the starting lineup. Now..not so much.

reminds me of Cuse football in the Robinson era. *gulp*

that said... there seems to be a growing number of my friends and family that seem clueless of what’s going on when I talk cuse hoops. they used to be able to list the starting lineup. Now..not so much.

I’m not going to lie. If I wasn’t the “Pick 3 MVPs” guy I wouldn’t know the majority of our team.

Just realized my earlier response was incomplete. I said i'll always be watching, but one should parse that with the recognition that i have no life. If i had more money, a more engaging career, a lady, kids, etc., i'd definitely be at the point of much greater ambivalence to what's going on in this era of 'basketball.'
Nothing wrong with having a wife who loves sports (basketball) and allows you to name your kids or pets Otto, Melo or Pearl. You just need to search harder. Try a love potion.

Agree. I’m not disputing the action, I’m just always bemused when people rant about not watching. And then they clearly do.

Tonight I tuned into the last 7 minutes of the game. But SU basketball used to be appointment viewing for me. Now, I’m lucky if I can remember what day they’re playing.

Agree. I’m not disputing the action, I’m just always bemused when people rant about not watching. And then they clearly do.
They are living in the same subset with the people moving to Canada.

Tonight I tuned into the last 7 minutes of the game. But SU basketball used to be appointment viewing for me. Now, I’m lucky if I can remember what day they’re playing.
Again, again, I am not disputing that people may stop watching.

I made the choice to stop watching -- in part its a financial choice for me, something I had no problem doing in the past because Syracuse games were appointment TV for me. I'll get maybe a handful of Syracuse games on my regular cable channels. The College Basketball package (Canadian things)costs me about $125 for the year, for possibly 10-15 extra Syracuse games and maybe an extra 3-5 other college games each day.

I used to pay for it every year, stopped around 2019 -- picked it up in 2021 again, but found I would watch other things... and have not got it for 2022.

I made the choice to stop watching -- in part its a financial choice for me, something I had no problem doing in the past because Syracuse games were appointment TV for me. I'll get maybe a handful of Syracuse games on my regular cable channels. The College Basketball package (Canadian things)costs me about $125 for the year, for possibly 10-15 extra Syracuse games and maybe an extra 3-5 other college games each day.

I used to pay for it every year, stopped around 2019 -- picked it up in 2021 again, but found I would watch other things... and have not got it for 2022.
I’m in Mexico and still get all the games.
If you don’t want to pay for the packages, you can still get most of them online on streameast, bosscast, or various reddit pages. It can be a hassle sometimes if you don’t have adblockers, but I usually run a game on my tv and then a second game on my computer next to it, and it’s just a few seconds to get the online games running. Works for baseball, nfl, NBA, whatever….

Second this. We used to have the best “casual” fans. Now, they’re true casual fans, and I can’t blame them.

I miss the days when it felt like you could talk cuse bball with just about anyone, and it was a real communal thing to rally around.

I wonder how many gave up on the BC football game before the 4th quarter

I watch both but find myself having much less emotion and anger after losses. I'm an alum and will always follow and support, but let it bother me less and less. Hoping my blah amps up when JB goes. I think the school likes where they are in football so I'm not expecting much there.

I still watch every game. I can still name all the scholarship players on the team, and probably where they are from. That being said, I no longer get mad when we lose like I used to. Now I just chuckle, turn the tv off and go about my day.

Maybe it’s maturity but more than likely I’m just desensitized to losing now

Is the right question stop watching or stop caring. The other question is if you can’t go or don’t want to go can you give your tix away - for yrs I couldn’t give my football tickets away when we couldn’t go and based on the crowd last night I’m guessing there were a lot of ‘thanks but no thanks’. Seems like every game this yr is ‘take the kids they’ll have a good time seeing Otto’.

I still watch, but now have zero expectations of winning any game we play.

I like the younger players on this team. It’s really the only thing that keeps me interested in watching. I wish they had a different coach to play for.

Attendance is going to be a problem all year. It’s getting harder and harder to make the two hour drive both ways. JB has a tough decision to make about Joe. He needs to go full speed with Taylor and Bell along with Mintz. Despite the fouls yesterday, Jesse was dominating with 21 rebounds. I’ve always thought Ajax brought energy to the floor and is pretty good in the zone. He also passes well. Joe is a complete mess right now and he is going to struggle all year finding shots. Tuesday will show if Joe has any chance to be productive. He’s too easy to stop when he’s a focal point.

Reached the don't bother asking the bartender to change the Oregon/Oregon st football game last night while grabbing food with a couple friends level of care.

Reached the don't ever even bother clicking on the basketball recruiting board and rather go down to the off-topic board level of care.

My life revolved around the hoops schedule for 40 years but not anymore. The quality of the product is just not exciting to watch anymore. It’s sad but life goes on for me.

As others have mentioned, my schedule used to revolve around SU basketball and my entire day was ruined if we lost, sometimes longer if it was a big rivalry game or tournament game. Now I feel I’ve reached the apathetic stage and just shrug off losses almost expecting them. Desensitized is a good description. I took my 2 and a half year old son to the game yesterday and will continue to do so, but Otto is the biggest part of trips to the Dome nowadays. I feel like we as fans are just biding time until the coaching change eventually happens (it’s gotta happen at some point lol).

This is where I’m at

I no longer make “plans” to watch the game. If I am home and it’s on a stations I can watch or stream I will watch but the product isn’t must see anymore for me it’s stale and boring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom