When will you stop consistently watching? | Syracusefan.com

When will you stop consistently watching?

When will you stop consistently watching SU hoops?

• Total voters

HakAttack

Shirt World Hater, Script Jersey Lover.
Not trying to troll, asking a serious question. When will you stop watching Syracuse basketball consistently?

We had the Georgetown game on while decorating the tree, but that’s honestly the most I’ve watched SU hoops so far this year. I have no interest in mediocrity and now that I have a pair of twins under 2, free time is a commodity I won’t waste on SU.

It’s really painful for me to type this.

hoping it doesn't get there - for football I was a die hard of die hards - and after Nunes I just completely quit - didnt care at - I have that same feeling watch Girard play 37 mins at PG

Didn't watch today as I was out catching my Grandon's hockey game. Good thing, as I might have thrown something through the TV. Will likely keep watching though as I really don't have much else going on in my boring life. Yes, it is frustrating to see how this program has fallen into mediocrity. Been an avid fan since the early 80's.

The answer, of course, is never. I keep watching the football team and we have been down for twenty years.

But the eroding standards and loss of expectations that we SHOULD be the dominant program in the Northeast (and top 25 nationally on an annual basis) is what I am the most bitter about.

When do we get back to being Syracuse?

For people that still watch EVERY game, how do you do it? Try skipping the next game. You’ll feel so much better.

I will watch every game of what I hope will be JB’s last year. Then I will watch every game I can next year, regardless of who the chosen successor is. But, of course, I am retired so I have the time.

I'll watch every minute of every game regardless of record for the rest of my life. But the losses don't emotionally destroy me like they used to. Probably a combination of being used to mediocrity over the past 8 years and just being older in general.

I have stopped watching football and basketball consistently for a few years now. Has nothing to do with the team’s performance though. The days of scheduling what I do around a Syracuse game are over (except for tourney games). Too much going on with other outside interests, family life, etc.

Completely forgot about the game today and just saw the score. I still hate losing to Georgetown :mad:

Last edited:
I'll watch every minute of every game regardless of record for the rest of my life. But the losses don't emotionally destroy me like they used to. Probably a combination of being used to mediocrity over the past 8 years and just being older in general.
winning in 2003 helped alot

I haven't stopped watching SU football so that should tell you. In all seriousness, this is the only team I follow that has never shown me a losing season in my entire life to this point, so I feel like I can show some loyalty.

But that being said, sports is supposed to be fun. If it's not fun anymore, who am I to judge anyone?

For people that still watch EVERY game, how do you do it? Try skipping the next game. You’ll feel so much better.
I am trying that next week. Have an Xmas party to go to. I may honestly leave my phone at home too, so I’m not tempted to follow along on the Internet.

Never.

But am I resigned to this team being perhaps JB's worst ever? Absolutely. About 10 days ago, a bunch of posters tried quelling concerns about this team's ceiling by saying JB always figures things out. We're not going to figure things out.

We're a team that will be lucky to be .500 at the end of the year. And if we are above that dubious line of demarcation, it will only be by a game or two.

Two many Achilles' Heels with this squad, and no upside. We've already squandered numerous games that we needed to win to be on the right side of the NCAA bubble. NCAA seems out of reach at this point.

If the only option is streaming, then there’s no chance. The fact that games can be “stumbled upon” on cable/sat is underappreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom