When will you stop consistently watching? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

When will you stop consistently watching?

When will you stop consistently watching SU hoops?

• Total voters
I am a fan of 3 teams: New York Giants, Cuse Football and Cuse basketball. I've missed games here and there in the past, but generally I watch 90-95% of each of these teams games. Lately, they all lose a lot, but I still enjoy the sports and the competition. Wins and losses don't effect me much once the game is over. My life doesn't change based on the outcome of a game. I do enjoy watching a competitive ballgame, win or lose.

To stop watching after the program has slid into mediocrity for the past five + years and what is looking like a losing season? That is someone who has no desire to see Boeheim run this program into the ground.

There. Fixed it for you. All you need now is a step stool to get down from your high horse.

Yeah, your condescension was quite apparent, it's good of you acknowledging same.

You're correct that you don't know anything about me, therefore, you commenting about what "land" I live in is foolish. I've been around the block a time or two, and I'm well aware of "how life works." Hopefully, as you continue to age, your wisdom will as well.
If you were aware how life works you would understand that turning your mind off and getting away from work is a good thing or maybe you’re retired and you’ve forgotten that part of life.

I have stopped watching most sports over the past four or five years. With Syracuse, I'm tired of the mediocrity of the basketball team and the dumpster fire that is the football team.

I have stopped watching most sports over the past four or five years. With Syracuse, I'm tired of the mediocrity of the basketball team and the dumpster fire that is the football team.
not questioning that decision...but why would you still visit this site? That seems bizarre.

not questioning that decision...but why would you still visit this site? That seems bizarre.
I'm still a fan, why would I not come here? I haven't stopped watching Syracuse entirely, I just watch much less than before. I'm not invested the way I used to be. Too many years with no payoff as a fan.

I'm still a fan, why would I not come here?
Cause you said stopped watching sports.

how would you be able to participate on a conversation about games if you don’t watch the games.

When they make the NCAAT, do you watch them then?

Cause you said stopped watching sports.

how would you be able to participate on a conversation about games if you don’t watch the games.
I said most sports, which would include the NBA and the NFL, which I haven't watched in years. I still catch Cuse games. I don't post much here anyway.

Sure, but I think my March schedule will be clear this year.
So, if the team works hard and the new guys develop and put together a strong season of ACC play, you'll consider being a fan for the NCAAT?

So, if the team works hard and the new guys develop and put together a strong season of ACC play, you'll consider being a fan for the NCAAT?
Again, when did I say I wasn't a fan? If they make the tourney, I'll watch, just like I have any other time. See, this is one of the reasons why I don't post much here. Too many posters who think they are gatekeepers. Am I allowed to think that basketball is mediocre at best and football is terrible, and because of that, I watch less games? Is that some sort of horrible revelation that causes someone like yourself to question my fandom? For one, I didn't start this thread, so don't jump down my throat for replying in it.

Last edited:
When they pry my cold, dead hands from the TV remote or a Dome seat.

As an edit, I sat in puddles in Archbold watching Ben’s “declining years” including his 2 win season. I watched all of the Gerg years and the 2020 1-win season.

And I’m going to stop watching SU hoops??? LOL, not bloody likely.
I too watched football at Archbold and basketball at Manley. I think I watched some basketball at the War Memorial for a couple of seasons but I may be wrong on that cuz my memory ain't what it used to be.

Still diehard for hoops and catch all games and consume a lot of content about the team. Can’t say same for football. After Marrone left and it became apparent we’re barely trying to keep up with peer football programs I have downgraded to a more casual Su football fan, figuring that why should I invest in a program when the administration seems to barely care about it being competitive.

I will probably scale back my b-ball time investment post JB if the admin thinks small and doesn’t pour resources into bringing us back to a top 20 level. I don’t expect this to happen but then again I wouldn’t have thought they’d be cool with football residing mostly in the gutter for two decades.

Just realized my earlier response was incomplete. I said i'll always be watching, but one should parse that with the recognition that i have no life. If i had more money, a more engaging career, a lady, kids, etc., i'd definitely be at the point of much greater ambivalence to what's going on in this era of 'basketball.'

Bump. How are we all doing six games into what’s shaping up to be another dismal season?

Last edited:
Why are people so quick to proclaim that they won’t watch, or “forgot the game was on”, or whatever? I mean do what you want, but making grand statements about it seems so silly.

Why are people so quick to proclaim that they won’t watch, or “forgot the game was on”, or whatever? I mean do what you want, but making grand statements about it seems so silly.

There’s an entire cohort of Syracuse students that have not seen their men’s basketball team be ranked at any point during their time at SU. That’s mind-boggling.

I don’t blame anyone for tuning out our current 1/2 decade plus of mediocrity.

There’s an entire cohort of Syracuse students that have not seen their men’s basketball team be ranked at any point during their time at SU. That’s mind-boggling.

I don’t blame anyone for tuning out our current 1/2 decade plus of mediocrity.
I don’t either. I just think is weird how people feel compelled to declare their viewing plans. As if it matters.

I don’t either. I just think is weird how people feel compelled to declare their viewing plans. As if it matters.

It matters if less people are showing up to the dome. That matters a great deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom