Where's the beef???? | Syracusefan.com

Where's the beef????

EDSPARTEN

Walk On
I see on national recruiting sites that SU is looking at many RB's in the 5'9" 185 range. Where's the beef!!

If they all turn out to have a career like Joe Morris, I will take these type of RBs everyday and twice on Sunday, or Saturday in this case. If I recall, Joe was around 5'7" and about 183 lbs. Yes, I realize that was 30 years ago and times are different now, but one that is playing now is Ray Rice. You don't always need the beef when you first get to college, you can beef up and make a name for yourself once you get there.

If they all turn out to have a career like Joe Morris, I will take these type of RBs everyday and twice on Sunday, or Saturday in this case. If I recall, Joe was around 5'7" and about 183 lbs. Yes, I realize that was 30 years ago and times are different now, but one that is playing now is Ray Rice. You don't always need the beef when you first get to college, you can beef up and make a name for yourself once you get there.
Hmm. I have similar measurements to Joe Morris, but I'm going to guess the body composition differs quite a bit.

You know who else was 5'9"...
30353618.jpg

Who cares what their height is.

I see on national recruiting sites that SU is looking at many RB's in the 5'9" 185 range. Where's the beef!!
At 5'9'' the player should easily get to 200lbs and maintain his speed which presumably is excellent.That report isn't asll that accurate IMO. "Mamy RBs is totally a subjective statement in terms of a real number or even approximate numbers.

C
Chuck Norris visited us in Iraq! He is more like 5'7"
Of course he is carrying guns and tends to use them, making him appear to be 9' 7" but your point is clear enough. I prefer to look at the total set of numbers that include body size and speed.F=ma(force equals mass times acceleration)Speed in of itself increase poet or force in this case.oday's physics lesson is noe over. Class dismissed. Go out and play for a while.:p

I want running backs who are 6'8" and 260lbs. Wait, those are power forwards. Check out the top rushers in the NFL ED. The pocket hamster Doug Martin, Rice, Gore, Richardson, Alfred Morris. All 5'9" and under. AP and Foster are the exceptions. Why am I even replying to this.

I love 5-9 200 lb running backs but the system is going to dictate a lot of what's being recruited

Yup, how dare we recruit talented kids who might be 5'9" or so? I mean you might end up with someone like this guy.

Ludicrous.

Or Emmitt Smith, or Ray Rice, or Maurice Jones-Drew, or Thurman Thomas, or Darrin Spoles, or LaMichael James, or just about 75% of running backs.

you want a low center of gravity as a running back, anyway

Also want to be low enough that defenders have a tough time locating you in the backfield over the offensive line. Guys with great change of direction and acceleration over 6'0 are rare otherwise you'd see more them playing more at CB and RB.

Same goes for my other favorite sport where you only see guys over 6'0 at Goalkeepers, (some) Strikers, and Central Defenders. Everywhere else the smaller guys run circles around them.

I want running backs who are 6'8" and 260lbs. Wait, those are power forwards. Check out the top rushers in the NFL ED. The pocket hamster Doug Martin, Rice, Gore, Richardson, Alfred Morris. All 5'9" and under. AP and Foster are the exceptions. Why am I even replying to this.
Exceptionalkltall successful RBs are rare. Top heavy and more to grab on to. My ultimate height is comparable to what Jim Brown and Ernie Davisshared 6' 2"210- 230lbs with speed. ASlmost a perfect blend of height and weight.:eek:

Did you just ask "Where's the beef
it's between Wendy's buns

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom