Who are the #1s? | Syracusefan.com

Who are the #1s?

kentucky
syracuse
north carolina (todays loss shouldnt bump them, it was without henson. if it was duke that beat them then id say duke would get the 1)

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ill still go kansas, i think the committee likes to have the 1 seeds as soon as possible, theyre not gonna wait around all day sunday for the conference tournies to finish.

kentucky
syracuse
north carolina (todays loss shouldnt bump them, it was without henson. if it was duke that beat them then id say duke would get the 1)

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ill still go kansas, i think the committee likes to have the 1 seeds as soon as possible, theyre not gonna wait around all day sunday for the conference tournies to finish.

Agree, but they could do something like this:

1. Kentucky 2. Syracuse 3. North Carolina 4. MSU/OSU winner
8. Mizzou 7. Duke 6. MSU/OSU loser 5. Kansas

Cheers,
Neil

Cheers,
Neil
I think this is spot on.

has a 1 seed ever had 7 losses like mich st has? i just cant see a 7 loss team getting a 1 seed.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Mizz get a one seed.

Cheers,
Neil
I think Mizzou is going to be ahead of Duke. Other than that its good.

This is a close one -- as close as it has been in years, after Kentucky-SYRACUSE

There are still 5 teams you can validly discuss - BIG 10 winner, UNC, Kansas, Mizzou.

I'd give the 4th #1 to Big 12, not Big 10. Mizzou/Kansas, not sure. Tending to lean toward Tigers

Over who? UNC or the B10 winner?
Well 30-4 won the B12 is pretty impressive still...Im just saying I wouldnt be surprised, not that I think it will happen.

if mizzou gets a 1 it would be over the big12 winner, i think unc is a lock 1 seed.

Well 30-4 won the B12 is pretty impressive still...Im just saying I wouldnt be surprised, not that I think it will happen.

Yes, but if MSU wins, they will tie us and Mizzou for most Top 50 wins. However, unlike us and Mizzou (who only have 4 out of the 11 as Top 25 wins), MSU will have 9 out of 11 as Top 25 wins. Plus they're already ahead of Mizzou in terms of RPI and SOS.

I think Mizzou has a chance at the #1 seed in the West mainly because I don't think they want to have them face Kentucky in St. Louis. And if they don't make them a #1 seed, then that might just force them to make the Tigers the #2 seed in the East.

Cheers,
Neil

Mizzou is 11 in RPI and 86 in SOS; that's pretty bad for a 1 seed.

Yes, but if MSU wins, they will tie us and Mizzou for most Top 50 wins. However, unlike us and Mizzou (who only have 4 out of the 11 as Top 25 wins), MSU will have 9 out of 11 as Top 25 wins. Plus they're already ahead of Mizzou in terms of RPI and SOS.

I think Mizzou has a chance at the #1 seed in the West mainly because I don't think they want to have them face Kentucky in St. Louis. And if they don't make them a #1 seed, then that might just force them to make the Tigers the #2 seed in the East.

Cheers,
Neil
Yeah I guess you hit the nail on the head with 9-11 top 25 wins...Id still like to see Mizz get the 2 seed in the same bracket as UK.

I'd give the 4th #1 to Big 12, not Big 10. Mizzou/Kansas, not sure. Tending to lean toward Tigers

I think you have to go with Mizzou over KU - they beat KU twice.

Cheers,
Neil

I think Neil nailed it. If MSU wins, I think they are in which is a problem for me given my Spartan neighrbors and their hoops egos. If OSU wins...not so sure they get a #1

UK, SU and Mizzi should be the first 3 IMO. Then take your pick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom