Who are these guys? | Syracusefan.com

Who are these guys?

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
SUball :)

ClzifLiXIAIWHhI.jpg

(from L to R): #1 I'm having trouble with. 2 i think is red; 3 T-Rob; 4 Wallace; and 5 poetry.

reedny said:
(from L to R): #1 I'm having trouble with. 2 i think is red; 3 T-Rob; 4 Wallace; and 5 poetry.

I was being facetious. Great picture.

Jason Poles, Red Autry, Etan Thoma, John Wallace, Lawrence Moten.

I was being facetious. Great picture.

Jason Poles, Red Autry, Etan Thoma, John Wallace, Lawrence Moten.
Oh that's Etan, ok. my bad. Had him as T-Rob.

I didn't realize he was on our orange bowl team.

I'll always remember Poles for his Int TD return(close to 100 yards, it was right near the end zone) against West Virginia that broke the game open. It was a night game on Halloween too. It was a 19-10 game with WVU about to score. All of a sudden it's 26-10, and we ended up blowing them out.

That '97 season was saved by a Tebucky Jones Int. return in a game we were about to blow against Tulane, and the Poles return in a game we were making every mistake in the book to keep them in it and getting very close to being in danger of blowing it.

I'll always remember Poles for his Int TD return(close to 100 yards, it was right near the end zone) against West Virginia that broke the game open. It was a night game on Halloween too. It was a 19-10 game with WVU about to score. All of a sudden it's 26-10, and we ended up blowing them out.

That '97 season was saved by a Tebucky Jones Int. return in a game we were about to blow against Tulane, and the Poles return in a game we were making every mistake in the book to keep them in it and getting very close to being in danger of blowing it.

That season seems like such a long time ago, I barely remember anything from that year, other than the orange bowl game against Florida.

That season seems like such a long time ago, I barely remember anything from that year, other than the orange bowl game against Florida.

That WVU game was the previous season, which ended with the Fiesta Bowl loss to Kansas State. Orange Bowl was the following year. I remember those 2 years and 1996 probably better than any seasons that have happened since because we had a legit chance to do something (and we did, just not quite as much as we hoped) and they mattered so much more because of it.

The UNC loss(who ended up being a great team...11-1 I think) in 96, the NC State loss in 97, and the Tennessee loss(national champs) in 98 are probably 3 of the worst losses I ever had as a sports fan. I was legit crushed after all of them. But the 8 game winning streaks we went on in both '96 and '97 where we blew almost everybody out and the '98 Michigan, Miami, and VT wins are some of the most enjoyable things I've watched as a sports fan. Those teams were so good when they were clicking.

That WVU game was the previous season, which ended with the Fiesta Bowl loss to Kansas State. Orange Bowl was the following year. I remember those 2 years and 1996 probably better than any seasons that have happened since because we had a legit chance to do something (and we did, just not quite as much as we hoped) and they mattered so much more because of it.

The UNC loss(who ended up being a great team...11-1 I think) in 96, the NC State loss in 97, and the Tennessee loss(national champs) in 98 are probably 3 of the worst losses I ever had as a sports fan. I was legit crushed after all of them. But the 8 game winning streaks we went on in both '96 and '97 where we blew almost everybody out and the '98 Michigan, Miami, and VT wins are some of the most things I've watched as a sports fan. Those teams were so good when they were clicking.

The Nc state and Tennessee games I remember real well, the Nc State was a real nightmare. The Ten game, I believe I had a football game that day, I got home in time just to see the ball clank off the post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom