Who are your most disliked teams? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who are your most disliked teams?

This week, Clemson.

Rest of the year:
NC State, Rutgers, Notre Dame, Bama, Ohio State

Virginia Tech, Penn State, Ohio State above all others.

BC, WVU, Rutgers next level down.

Last edited:
Ped state by far. My hate for that program and their fans can’t be touched by any other program. The fact they exist just shows we don’t care about what’s right.

Rutgers
NcState
Mexican national team - soccer
Pitt in BB
North Caroline in BB

I think b/c we’ve been so irrelevant for so long the programs I use to hate/loathe I just don’t have those feelings anymore. I’ve become so desensitized. But when I was in HS these are the big ones I can remember.

Virginia tech
ND
Michigan
Georgetown

I don't typically have issues with the players. There are some exceptions. In 2022, I'd put Payne Durham (Purdue) and Peyton Miller (NC State) on the list.
There are some obvious HC's who suck - Shady, Doeren, Narduzzi.
The absolute worst is always the fans - Ohio State, ND, Rutgers, Maryland, VT.

EDIT: And Franklin. He has earned his spot on the list of scumbag coaches.

Last edited:
I don't typically have issues with the players. There are some exceptions. In 2022, I'd put Payne Durham (Purdue) and Peyton Miller (NC State) on the list.
There are some obvious HC's who suck - Shady, Doeren, Narduzzi.
The absolute worst is always the fans - Ohio State, ND, Rutgers, Maryland, VT.

EDIT: And Franklin. He has earned his spot on the list of scumbag coaches.
I fully agree about Payne Durham, very dislikable young man.

Ped State - malignant program and amnesic fan-base
ND - parody of sanctimony
Pitt/LV - thugs in pads
Rutgers - serial cartoon

Last edited:
Pitt, ND, Rutgers, WVU, Penn State

I will admit my hatred has recency bias. We don't play our traditional rivals enough anymore. NCState is honorable mention for new found ACC dislike

I just don't get why everyone does not list Pitt here, at least among their top 2-3.

First of all, we play them every year (and will continue to do so) and they've really had our number, winning 15 of the last 17 meetings. Yes, only two wins in the series since 2005 (by a total of four points!).

A peer school that has our number on the recruiting trail (even in CNY & WNY) with an annoying, self-important, head coach, who has no self-awareness and is nothing more than a gym teacher if you ask me.

The more I think about this, anyone who does not list Pitt among their top 2-3 is simply a casual Syracuse football fan. Anyone with any level of investment in our program (not talking monetarily in this instance) would not grip about Miami, PSU and Notre Dame, who we play so infrequently.

Rutgers
Penn State
Miami
Notre Dame
And any other team that blew us out while we were in the Big East and played arrogantly while doing so.

It says a lot that none of my most hated teams are ACC teams. We just have not established rivalries or real bad blood yet.

But mine are:

PSU

Notre Dame

Buttgers

And just because I hate their fans… UCT.

Worst fans:

Rutty
WFVU
NC St
sPitt

Decent fans:

Clem
LSU

I just don't get why everyone does not list Pitt here, at least among their top 2-3.

First of all, we play them every year (and will continue to do so) and they've really had our number, winning 15 of the last 17 meetings. Yes, only two wins in the series since 2005 (by a total of four points!).

A peer school that has our number on the recruiting trail (even in CNY & WNY) with an annoying, self-important, head coach, who has no self-awareness and is nothing more than a gym teacher if you ask me.

The more I think about this, anyone who does not list Pitt among their top 2-3 is simply a casual Syracuse football fan. Anyone with any level of investment in our program (not talking monetarily in this instance) would not grip about Miami, PSU and Notre Dame, who we play so infrequently.

I guess that makes me a casual then. rollseyesemoji

Pitt is definitely up there and if you’re looking at it from a strictly football perspective, you obviously raise very logical and sound reasons. But my picks for Penn State, ND and Miami transcend football.

I agree with you that there should be more heat to that rivalry particularly because of recruiting implications but there just isn’t.

Also, the context is who do you dislike the most. Geographical proximity, frequency of play and recruiting doesn’t anger me as much as the Penn State scandal, touchdown “Jesus”, refusing to fully join the ACC, and the poor sportsmanship from Miami.

These are the teams that if they were playing Alabama in the National Championship game, I would want Alabama to win (even typing that made me throw up in my mouth a little):
Ped St
Ohio St
ND
Miami
(I would probably add Rutgers and UConn but they don't have real football teams)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom