Who do you want as the new OC? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Who do you want as the new OC?

Hopefully a good surprise like Schmidt. I do not think anyone was mentioning his name prior to his hiring. All of DBs latest highers except for samuels has not been from his coaching tree. They have been overall good highers. Hoping he does not stick with his coaching tree and finds someone that really likes to incorporate the TE.

Has time already with Shrader from Mississippi State and it will be interesting now that Moorehead is an HC again will he bring him back. I also like what I read about Willy Korn from Coastal Carolina.
Would be shocked if Korn leaves Chadwell at this point.

I think we need someone who has proven they can get it done at the FBS level

Just because you can get it done at FCS level doesn't necessarily mean it will translate. There's a step up in coaching competition from FCS to FBS that has to be factored in.

This is what I think

I think Wildhack was pretty clear they were looking for a qb whisperer first and foremost.

As far as the scheme itself should be pretty simple, power run, get under center more, play action. Boots, waggles, half field throws.

Player development should be #1. We have a HC that’s supposed to be an offensive guru. He can at the very least help with the X’s and O’s but with our recruiting and depth, we need a coach that can get the most out of players and help them develop.

Has anyone mentioned Kevin Sumlin?

Dino and him coached together at TexA&M 20 years ago and have been going their separate ways since. Probably looking for a OC job short term to get back into being a HC candidate.

Kirk Ciarrocca (mentioned in another post) was OC under KC Keeler at Delaware for 6 years, including Joe Flacco's tenure with the Blue Hens.

Screw it, bring on the Dazzler with the mandate that he turn Shrader into Tebow.

I'm all chips in.

Has anyone mentioned Kevin Sumlin?

Dino and him coached together at TexA&M 20 years ago and have been going their separate ways since. Probably looking for a OC job short term to get back into being a HC candidate.
He was just awful at Arizona. Putrid

Yes he is 70. But he’s still a football mind. He doesn’t have to run laps.
I like Rogers and like some of our other past co
The final decision will be Dino's, but the new OC will have a track record in developing QBs. JW seemed to stress that point.
The final decision will most assuredly be signed off on by JW. I guarantee Dinos leash is tighter most Cats.

I was surprised at the level of detail JW went into in regards to the team. His finger is on the pulse. Specifically referencing recruiting rankings and individual position/unit deficiencies.
Hes all over Dino. Guys been a train wreck. There is no doubt Dino’s being tightly managed.

I haven’t looked up guys I would want. One thing I know is instead of being concerned about who will share your secrets about the freakin style of offense how about we just get coaches who can develop and freakin call plays
The secret is that nobody in the ACC wants Dino gone and they pray he hires another fool from his tree.

Lewis will make more money as HC and be his own boss without coming here. He already parlayed the OC job to a better job. No reason to come back. I bet he gets a new HC gig this year.
Looking back its obvious Lewis was the straw that stired the drink.

He was part of Butch Davis' FIU staff that was let go.

He's moved around a lot lately. One year in Syracuse won't make a difference.
Give the OC a 2 year deal. Spend a few of the 4million SU saved by keeping The Dino for another year.

Please no more Texans unless they have eastern roots.
After Scott Spencer Ive never have positive vibes with Texas guys coaching at SU. Its not a good mix. He was on G Rob's staff. He was terrible. He had this Texas arrogance that caused him to give little effort into building relationships and recruiting kids in NYS. He act like the kids in NYS didnt deserve his attention. I bet it showed in his coaching.

Last edited: