Who here defends buzz williams? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who here defends buzz williams?

I just really have trouble getting worried about some harmless dancing given the WVU student section's track record of acting like mongoloids.
Yea, I mean is it a given that at some point in a WVU game, they will throw something onto the court? Every ESPN game I watch with them someone throws something onto the court.

OH come on it was funny, people from West Virginia need to get a life if they were offended.
Dude needed "Situational Intelligence". Watch them get WVU somewhere down the road. Basketball karma often works that way.

Not related to this issue is how West Virginia has a lot of problems. Huggins is right in saying they are the most nonathletic team in the Big East. If we had Melo that game it would of been at least an 8 point win at home. Guys couldn't get back on defense. The fact that Marquette had some of their best players suspended for a half and still won tells you everything you need to know about WV. No chance of them getting in the tournament. NIT in my mind.
In the manner we win all the close games, WVU seems to always lose the close games.

I have no problem with Williams and think he does a great job. Guess that makes me an SU fan.

Sent from my DROIDX

He's an awesome coach. Love his enthusiasm and attitude. He might be a top 5 coach in America at this point. I'd take him in a heartbeat (if we didn't have Jimmy B)
Never want that kind of A@*le nor his grab and clutch brand of whatever the hell it is. It sure isn't basketball.

What's needed to defend. I don't think anyone likes how he basically stands on the court the entire game, but the little guy can coach his ass off. He is a VERY good coach, who consistently takes teams with weaknesses and gameplans, manages, coaches them around those weaknesses. For the last several years, his teams are on the short list of teams that the upper level teams in college basketball (of which Marquette is one right now), do not want to play come tournament time. Buzz can simply coach.

Everything else is aesthetics.

Many jerks can be great coaches just like plenty of idiots can be great players. If he can take the accolades for his coaching, I'm certain he's more than willing to take the heat for being a jerk. Really if he cared what anyone else thought, he wouldn't act like a jerk. It's much easier to do that when you have troopers saving your butt ... Would love to see him pull that with Knight being the announcer and Bobby ending up getting pelted - now that would be really funny.

Not related to this issue is how West Virginia has a lot of problems. Huggins is right in saying they are the most nonathletic team in the Big East. If we had Melo that game it would of been at least an 8 point win at home. Guys couldn't get back on defense. The fact that Marquette had some of their best players suspended for a half and still won tells you everything you need to know about WV. No chance of them getting in the tournament. NIT in my mind.
They executed terribly last night. Kilicli in the high post? How many TOs was that good for? Not sure why huggy relies on him so much, but the others have to help by getting open too.

Personally I loved the dance watching the hillbillies get upset only made it better. As I posted below the only thing that could have made that funnier was if he put his arms out like a plane and crashed into the basket stanchion and mimed an explosion while the song was playing ala John Denver in his homemade plane.

Many jerks can be great coaches just like plenty of idiots can be great players. If he can take the accolades for his coaching, I'm certain he's more than willing to take the heat for being a jerk. Really if he cared what anyone else thought, he wouldn't act like a jerk. It's much easier to do that when you have troopers saving your butt ... Would love to see him pull that with Knight being the announcer and Bobby ending up getting pelted - now that would be really funny.
Another coach In need of behavior modification is Mike Rice. Good article today in the Star Ledger about him taking blame for losing his team with all the temper tantrums and shouting. Realizes he needs to change his approach and that couldn't have been easy to admit.

Never want that kind of A@*le nor his grab and clutch brand of whatever the hell it is. It sure isn't basketball.

Exactly. Forget about his obnoxious behavior; I don't like any coach who relies on clutch-and-grab and the ineptitude of referees.

This is why Marq show boats and talks trash more than any other team out there even when they are losing. Its the culture that Buzz Williams is creating.

This guy says hello.
Just sayin...:noidea:

images

I think you nailed it Buddha. I find him annoying...very annoying actually. But he can coach.

In the early days of the BE, I used to be incredibly annoyed by Rollie Mass. But the guy could coach.

It's good to have new blood to dislike in the conference. We'll find an ACC coach to dislike soon too.
Don't we all hate sh!tshefsky already?

Can you imagine boeheim doing such a dance after beating someone on the road? can you imagine boeheim doing such a dance AT a dance?

I was fully expecting Moe to trip him up and give him a "Quit goofin' off, we got work to do!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom