Who honestly has confidence in Mike Hopkins as the next HC | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Who honestly has confidence in Mike Hopkins as the next HC

How much confidence do you have in Mike Hopkins as the next HC

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Washington's 2-3 zone last night was on point last night, if they cut down on the turnovers they will be dangerous in March.

Washington's 2-3 zone last night was on point last night, if they cut down on the turnovers they will be dangerous in March.

It was good. Hawaii's leading scorer was 1-17 from 3 and they as a team were 4-35 or something resembling that until they went 4-4 at the end of the game on some banked shots and prayers.

The turnovers are bad, they only had 5 at halftime, when you think they figure it out they don't.

Stewart is so much fun to watch, he seems so automatic with the ball in the post.

It was good. Hawaii's leading scorer was 1-17 from 3 and they as a team were 4-35 or something resembling that until they went 4-4 at the end of the game on some banked shots and prayers.

The turnovers are bad, they only had 5 at halftime, when you think they figure it out they don't.

Stewart is so much fun to watch, he seems so automatic with the ball in the post.
There defense is night and day better than it was vs Baylor or Gonzaga! That block by McDaniels was celebrated more than any dunk in the game.

When kids enjoy playing D watch out, they are going to be tough from here on out!

There defense is night and day better than it was vs Baylor or Gonzaga! That block by McDaniels was celebrated more than any dunk in the game.

When kids enjoy playing D watch out, they are going to be tough from here on out!

What I like about the defense is that you dont know what defense you're going to see whether it's the entire game or part of the game or at any particular moment.

I think I heard during the telecast that they play man 35% of the time or something along those lines.

What I like about the defense is that you dont know what defense you're going to see whether it's the entire game or part of the game or at any particular moment.

I think I heard during the telecast that they play man 35% of the time or something along those lines.
Yes! But the man they played is a switching 1-5 man. It is the Golden State "death" line-up defense with Draymond Green at center.

Stewart's ability to hold is own makes all the difference.

So they are playing zone with man principles and man with zone principles, but it is the athletes that allows them to play that way.

What's the money line on UW making a FF run?

Yes! But the man they played is a switching 1-5 man. It is the Golden State "death" line-up defense with Draymond Green at center.

Stewart's ability to hold is own makes all the difference.

So they are playing zone with man principles and man with zone principles, but it is the athletes that allows them to play that way.

What's the money line on UW making a FF run?

I'd put money on them making a run, I have zero doubt Stewart is a guy you can ride late into march.

I think it was you that I was chatting with a month or so ago about their zone not moving up as much as Cuse, and at the time it really wasn't but these are the adjustments they seem to make based on opponent and game situations.

Screenshot_20191224-134131_YouTube.jpg

I'd put money on them making a run, I have zero doubt Stewart is a guy you can ride late into march.

I think it was you that I was chatting with a month or so ago about their zone not moving up as much as Cuse, and at the time it really wasn't but these are the adjustments they seem to make based on opponent and game situations.

View attachment 174560
It was me. It's a hard defense to learn back then they didn't really get it, but now they got it! and they have length at 4 positions and athleticism at all 5.

This team is the perfect example of what I'm talking about when I say we need to play big!

Can’t imagine why anyone would want to play for him...

They have a game against a tough Houston team tonight, should be close game. Not sure how Stewart doesn't get in foul trouble against them.

If the Orange played their OOC schedule they'd probably have the same record.

That has zero with what you said. Does Syracuse beat Baylor?

Look at Washington's schedule and tell me how you think Syracuse has the same record.
Washington is better than Cuse this year. Hopkins has recruited better than Jimmy. All comes down to what Washington does in the tournament though. If Hoo doesn’t make a run with all the talent he has then the shine comes off a bit. No reason Washington doesn’t win a few games in the dance this year. Cuse!

I personally thought Hop should have left earlier, to do exactly what he is doing developing his own coaching chops. You don't get better at doing something by not doing it. Hop could not improve as a recruiter he was already excellent at it and the only way to improve as a coach was to coach his own team.

The development of his teams defense is all the proof I need, because that is the biggest jump from high school/AAU ball to college.

Getting kids to focus in on the defensive end is the hardest thing to do and he has done a great job at that.

That has zero with what you said. Does Syracuse beat Baylor?

Look at Washington's schedule and tell me how you think Syracuse has the same record.
They are 1-2 against P6 competition and SU is 1-5. The Orange have played a much more difficult schedule.

I personally thought Hop should have left earlier, to do exactly what he is doing developing his own coaching chops. You don't get better at doing something by not doing it. Hop could not improve as a recruiter he was already excellent at it and the only way to improve as a coach was to coach his own team.

The development of his teams defense is all the proof I need, because that is the biggest jump from high school/AAU ball to college.

Getting kids to focus in on the defensive end is the hardest thing to do and he has done a great job at that.

Good points - but just wanted to point out something you may already know. Hop applied for head coaching jobs a few times in the decade or so leading up to the Husky gig.

They are 1-2 against P6 competition and SU is 1-5. The Orange have played a much more difficult schedule.

Losses are to #1 Gonzaga and Tennessee who is just outside the top 25, win is against #7 Baylor.

Good points - but just wanted to point out something you may already know. Hop applied for head coaching jobs a few times in the decade or so leading up to the Husky gig.

Was it Charlotte that he turned down? He would've probably gotten the USC gig if it wasn't for Enfield's magical run.

Losses are to #1 Gonzaga and Tennessee who is just outside the top 25, win is against #7 Baylor.

I'm not disparaging Washington and think they would beat us by 20+ easy with the only limiting factor being Hop not wanting to embarrass us. We've played a harder schedule though. Baylor and Gonzaga are better than PSU and Virginia, but they really have a pretty weak schedule other than that. Still, two top 10 teams with a win is impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom