Who is the best coach? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Who is the best coach?

I read all of them, as I read them back then and they support my version of events much more than yours.
The specifics are in the second one and you will notice that virtually every claim is denied or claimed to be exaggerated. There's nothing about fights or players beating up or raping anyone. Dave Johnson was himself under-age when he slept with the 14 year old. The things that don't appear in my summary are about local merchants giving players discounts, a lawyer giving them advice in traffic violations, Dave Bing and a SU grounds foreman buying a meal for players. Derrick Coleman wiring Billy Owens some money after he was in the pros. Boeheim giving a kid $20 to buy some schoolbooks, etc. The article on Rob Johnson simply describes how these street agents operated and are mostly about his misadventures with other schools.

The tone of the article is exactly what I was talking about, trying to indict the program rather than seeing these things as typical for a major college basketball program. I continue to maintain that if Raw Recruits hadn't done a chapter on Rob Johnson, we would not have been investigated and the level of recruiting we had in the late 80's would have continued and JB's records would have been better than it is.
Great post!

You're adorable. You realize that Tarkanian built his empire at UNLV at the same time, right?
How did that works out for him after he won the title? I don't want to take part in a big conversation about conspiracy theories. I will say that anyone who thinks that the NCAA doesn't protect the brands they view as valuable is kidding themselves.

If your going by results wouldn't he be #2? He has the 2nd most wins.

Regular season, but tournament counts just as much. K, Roy, Calhoun, Izzo, Cal, Donovan, Wright, Self and many others all have 1 or more titles. The 5 Final 4s offset having just 1 title, therefore you can put him top 5 if you want. I haven't given it enough thought to say #2, #5 or #10, but he is at the tip top of the mountain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom