Who is the best coach? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Who is the best coach?

You're right. The basketball illuminati couldn't bear to have Jim Boeheim be king of college basketball. For some reason. So they took him out.

Don't know why they just didn't hire Tonya Harding to wack his knee, would have been more fun to watch.

You're right. The basketball illuminati couldn't bear to have Jim Boeheim be king of college basketball. For some reason. So they took him out.
At that time, it was the ACC and the Big10. They had it all sewed up. Along comes the BigEast to take a BIG piece of the pie. Syracuse had just built the Dome and was the IT team. They would have been unstoppable in recruiting and on the court.

At that time, it was the ACC and the Big10. They had it all sewed up. Along comes the BigEast to take a BIG piece of the pie. Syracuse had just built the Dome and was the IT team. They would have been unstoppable in recruiting and on the court.

You're adorable. You realize that Tarkanian built his empire at UNLV at the same time, right?

You think they would have taken out Calhoun then.

You're adorable. You realize that Tarkanian built his empire at UNLV at the same time, right?
I'm sure every player on that UNLV team got serious money to play there. Same for the Fab5 at Michigan.

I'm sure every player on that UNLV team got serious money to play there. Same for the Fab5 at Michigan.

So by your logic the NCAA let Tark do that because they were OK with him being the king?

UCONN and Calhoun sucked rear teet until the knocked SU down. Donnyell Marshall was signed to play at SU.

1jz091.jpg

That's not what this thread was about.
Jim Boeheim is the best coach. They even took away 101 wins or he could be the all time winning-est coach when it's all said and done.

Jim Boeheim is the best coach. They even took away 101 wins or he could be the all time winning-est coach when it's all said and done.

Add the wins back and he's still not and will not be the winningest coach. Did you forget coach K?

A lot. Meals, cars, lodging, legal fees, cash to players, families, recruits, jobs for recruits families, illegal recruiting, shifty recruting, numerous players punching women, fights, rape.

These are some of the things but you can also look up John Wallace, Derek Coleman beating beating women, David Johnson sleeping with 14 year olds and DC robbing people by googling it.

I'm sure I'll catch heat for this post but you asked and I debated not posting it but I'm this is public knowledge that's easily accessible online and probably forgotten (for good reason). We are what we are and our past is our past. Sugar coating it is just dumb, it is what it is.

www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/1990/04/book_raw_recruits_links_syracuse_several_nationally_prominent_schools_world_shady_recruiting.html

www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/1990/12/syracuse_boosters_supply_fringe_benefits_basketball_players_say.html

www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/1990/12/syracuse_basketball_under_fire_for_possible_violations_of_ncaa_rules.html

www.syracuse.com/orangesports/index.ssf/2014/10/a_look_back_at_1992_ncaa_investigation_of_syracuse_university_athletics.html#8

www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/1991/02/chaos_at_syracuse_seven_basketball_players_declared_ineligible_reinstated.html

www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/1992/02/syracuse_in-house_report_finds_school_did_not_lose_control_of_basketball_program.html

I read all of them, as I read them back then and they support my version of events much more than yours.
The specifics are in the second one and you will notice that virtually every claim is denied or claimed to be exaggerated. There's nothing about fights or players beating up or raping anyone. Dave Johnson was himself under-age when he slept with the 14 year old. The things that don't appear in my summary are about local merchants giving players discounts, a lawyer giving them advice in traffic violations, Dave Bing and a SU grounds foreman buying a meal for players. Derrick Coleman wiring Billy Owens some money after he was in the pros. Boeheim giving a kid $20 to buy some schoolbooks, etc. The article on Rob Johnson simply describes how these street agents operated and are mostly about his misadventures with other schools.

The tone of the article is exactly what I was talking about, trying to indict the program rather than seeing these things as typical for a major college basketball program. I continue to maintain that if Raw Recruits hadn't done a chapter on Rob Johnson, we would not have been investigated and the level of recruiting we had in the late 80's would have continued and JB's records would have been better than it is.

Last edited:
Add the wins back and he's still not and will not be the winningest coach. Did you forget coach K?
He will outlast K , either at Syracuse or somewhere else.

He will outlast K , either at Syracuse or somewhere else.

Ok. Now I just feel foolish responding to anything you've posted. Please change "voice of reason" from your user title.

Coach K is the best, no doubt about it. JB is top 10 easy, and you can argue top 5 (lets go with the 64 team era). Lots of woulda couldas but you have to go by the results.
Out of the 1000s of coaches since the tournament went to 64, top 5 or 10 is amazing.

Coach K is the best, no doubt about it. JB is top 10 easy, and you can argue top 5 (lets go with the 64 team era). Lots of woulda couldas but you have to go by the results.
Out of the 1000s of coaches since the tournament went to 64, top 5 or 10 is amazing.
Weak.

Let the adults talk, would you please.
Our coach has had his career maligned and diminished by unjust byzantine power factionalism of the NCAA and you and other people want to crown K as the greatest on a Syracuse board. I wonder if the fans of other ACC teams would say that knowing how many games they got homered out of at Cameron Indoor.

Our coach has had his career maligned and diminished by unjust byzantine power factionalism of the NCAA and you and other people want to crown K as the greatest on a Syracuse board. I wonder if the fans of other ACC teams would say that knowing how many games they got homered out of at Cameron Indoor.

Who's better? Wooden or JB? Asking for a friend. Will hang up and listen.

Most of the ACC schools are top shelf, a good majority of fans can count wins, Final Fours, and National Championships (and throw in Olympics for good measure).

Who's better? Wooden or JB? Asking for a friend. Will hang up and listen.
The Wizard wouldn't have become the Wizard if that program was investigated twice. He did have a sweeter disposition that Jimmy, if that counts for bonus points.

Most of the ACC schools are top shelf, a good majority of fans can count wins, Final Fours, and National Championships (and throw in Olympics for good measure).
So what's the point of this thread, crowing about Mike freekin' Krzyzewski? :vomit:

Best coach or best recruiter? Give me Pitino to win one game against anyone. If he didn't leave for the NBA multiple times he would have more titles.

If he stays at UK and doesn't go to Boston and basically just stays at Kentucky like a Coach K or JB I think he ends up above everyone else. His Kentucky team that won in '96 was insane and many of the players he left stocked up for Tubby were great teams as well in the subsequent years. He was a recruiting machine when guys would stay for more than one year and I think would've built up a brand there that would've given him a crazy talented roster each year.

If your going by results wouldn't he be #2? He has the 2nd most wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom