Who is this clown | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who is this clown

I think that was pretty damn good.

no ones ever come close.

Clemson is having a nice run.. but they have had spells of avg too.. they just dont remember them

they went from 1960-1977 with one 7 win season, had a nice run from 78-91. then were OK but not great from 92-2009 just being a fringe top 20 team, then from 2009-2016 are having a real nice run again.

They are only a handful of games better than us in wins and it took 10 years of crap to get back ahead of us..

The reverence and important the nitwit writer places on the Clempson program is comical, particularly when doing a straight tale-of-the-tape with Syracuse's program.

Clempson has won a National Championship (or they claim to have), so did we. But that's about where the favorable comparisons end.

SU players/coaches in College Football Hall of Fame 15; Clempson 6.

SU players/coaches in NFL Hall of Fame 8; Clempson 0.

SU has a Heisman Trophy winner while Clempson does not.

Not for nothing, but SU's Heisman Trophy winner was the first African-American to win. Clempson didn't even admit black students until two years later.

SU arguably has produced top 5 players at RB, FB, C, TE, WR and DE. The Fridge went to Clempson.

The writer of that article is a turd.

Last edited:
My personal favorite is that they remember our players saying that they'd take Hunt as their QB over whoever their QB was.

The horror of a guy publically backing the QB of his own team.

Their Twitter/SBN nation guys are soooo sensitive.

The Southern perception of Boeheim as a typical Yankee is pretty funny when read by a Yankee with a fairly different idea of what a Yankee sounds and acts like.

Some of it was a little obnoxious, but there are some nuggets in there, too. Can't fault anyone for poking fun at our atrocious attendance; hadn't thought of how other schools perceive it, but it makes for a pretty good joke.

I enjoyed the commenter who spelled apology with two 'p's...and an 'o.'

People need a better sense of humor.

I chuckled a few times at it, thought it was a pretty funny and well written joke.

Exactly, if you look at some of their game predictions on their board...some of them feel we have a better shot in this game than some of us do.

Mommy should take away his internet privileges.

Syracuse: Did the ACC Keep the Receipt?

Not exactly Clemson's premier writer. He may have a chance if he grows up. Until then, Clemson must play the game. Syracuse has nothing to lose, an offense to pull it off if not thoroughly contained and a defense coming into its own. Clemson is coming off a close loss in an emotional game. This could easily be a Clemson trap game and Clemson is known for falling in trap games. NCState almost beat them.

Think the satire went over some people's heads here. Its an SB Nation Site, that's what they do with opponent previews. Look at some of the articles Sean and those guys write at NunesMagician about our opponents, pretty funny stuff.

Now the comments on the other hand are a little scary, much harder to tell where the satire stops and the real southerness, banjos playing on a porch, begins.

For what it's worth, as soon as I saw the name "shaking the southland" I stopped reading. I have no idea what the article says and I won't be finding out. This is the same blog that spent the first 4 years of Dabo Swinney's coaching career vilifying the Clemson AD for hiring him and demanding that he be fired immediately in favor of a "proven" HC. It took the Orange Bowl victory over Ohio State to finally stop that drum from beating.

My advice - ignore this guy.

It makes me feel like SU is in the ACC for real now. You have to have the approval of the crazies before you can officially be a true member. That said...it would have been fighting words if they called pasta noodles, then the real battle ensues.

It was good satire...one thing to remember about Clumpsim fans...they make up a story line to fuel a faux indignation versus whatever team is next on the calendar.

They were actually trying to get up hate on Babers for telling how we didn't play well in a hostile MetLife Stadium...like he was not paying proper homage to their stadium.

This made me lol

Below: Prove That This Isn’t Lou Holtz...You Can’t, Can You?

usa-today-8847946.jpg

I mean, this is like a Drew Magary "Why (Team) Sucks" column knockoff to me. All in good fun.

Yeah, are people actually worked up about this? I think he's just intentionally going way overboard to trash everything about syracuse. It's funny.

Yeah, are people actually worked up about this? I think he's just intentionally going way overboard to trash everything about syracuse. It's funny.

Not the take I got from it, but ok.

I would like to write a similar piece about Clemson, but I don't know that much about them. What does THAT suggest?

LOL. Wait until we start beating them. These inbred rants will be even more hilarious.

P.S. I want someone to take that stupid rock and throw it into the bottom of a lake (or one of those mudpits they call lakes down there) just so I can witness the hilarity of a bunch of dumb bubba idiots freaking out about a missing ROCK.

I like it, the dude spent a lot of time on that, although mostly wasted. we don't mean anything if we don't start pissing off the people in our conference. don't we have a very similar historical profile to Clemson?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom