Who redshirts? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Who redshirts?

Who redshirts?

• Buddy

• Washington

• Braswell

Results are only viewable after voting.
You might be right, especially early. Bas may not be ready. But the minute he is, I'd prefer size at forward -- especially someone that can stretch the floor.

What's the word on Hughes in practice? He's certainly a thickburger at 215. Can he shoot? Can he scrap inside and rebound?

good shooter and very aggressive.

You might be right, especially early. Bas may not be ready. But the minute he is, I'd prefer size at forward -- especially someone that can stretch the floor.

What's the word on Hughes in practice? He's certainly a thickburger at 215. Can he shoot? Can he scrap inside and rebound?

From practice: very athletic / strong kid, with the size and athleticism to give Battle a tough defensive matchup every day [these two really went at it in a friendly, competitive way]. Pretty good shooter, more natural ball handler than Battle [again, this is just practice]. Shows versatility. He's substantially in better shape from when he played at ECU [at around 230 pounds, he's around 210-215 now].

Here's hoping that he disproves the poor three point shooting % from ECU -- that's what I'd expect.

I also think [based upon observation] that Hughes is going to be a good player for us these next three years. Reserve next year who hits the ground running due to having been immersed in our system for a year, and then a key starter / scorer his final two seasons. It will be interesting to see how things unfold. Reminds me a little of a cross between Dave Johnson and Kris, with elements of both their games. Swiss army knife type. Don't have a great feel for how well he rebounds, but he's strong.

Buddy Boeheim, Brewster Academy, Shooting Guard

I really hope he shines, but 64th or whatever he is ranked here isn't one of the best shooters in the class.

Maybe fans should give this kid a chance to play a game or two before giving him so many expectations, unrealistic or otherwise.
minor nitpick - That ranking is for a position not necessarily a particular skill - obviously shooting is a large component of being a shooting guard - but it may be just players more athletic than him are ahead of him.
I suspect as a skill, Buddy is/will be a very good shooter - whether or not he can do that against ACC comp - we shall see..

minor nitpick - That ranking is for a position not necessarily a particular skill - obviously shooting is a large component of being a shooting guard - but it may be just players more athletic than him are ahead of him.
I suspect as a skill, Buddy is/will be a very good shooter - whether or not he can do that against ACC comp - we shall see..

True. Best I could find quickly.

Surprising that it was one of the few I found considering the majority of experts have reached this conclusion about his shooting....

HW if anyone. There are not going to be minutes for him and he is coming off an injury that has stopped him from improving like he needs to. After next year he would in the guard rotation with Carey and Buddy and still have two years after that.

I feel like Buddy has already showed he can shoot against the competition he will see in the ACC. He went through EYBL and Peach Jam and shoot at an amazing clip. He will be a capable shooter from day 1.

I feel like Buddy has already showed he can shoot against the competition he will see in the ACC. He went through EYBL and Peach Jam and shoot at an amazing clip. He will be a capable shooter from day 1.
I certainly hope so and I believe he will be - however he has faced a defense like Virginia's before.

He will DEFINITELY be a good shooter. Look at the bloodline (note: scroll to 33 minute mark)

He was arguably the City Rocks best player last year. He missed four games due to an injury and they lost them all. When he played they were 12-4.

Girard’s efficiency numbers have gone down this year without Buddy on the court.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom