Who replaces Boston College? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Who replaces Boston College?

On second thought, I wonder if the ACC really will go to nine or ten conference games. I think it would be harder to lure Notre Dame that way. I think Domers would want eight conference games so they can still play their traditional foes OOC.

FCS: Maine, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, etc.

Mid Lvl: Akron, Army, Buffalo, FAU, FIU, NIU, EMU. and some tougher ones like Rutgers, Northwestern, and Navy.

Major Lvl: Penn State, Notre Dame, Michigan, and USC. (Not in the Meadowlands either home and home series only please.)

I doubt any SEC team other than Vandy will be ballsy enough to cross the Mason-Dixon Line, so if we can't get a home and home with any of them don't bother playing them.

Army, Temple, UMass.

Doubt WVU would play us annually. They'll match up with Pitt, as they should.

Would not mind a four-gamer against Penn State (Dome, Happy Valley, Meadowlands, in Philly).

I also have a desire to see us play Michigan State. Not a difficult road trip for fans either.

I agree that sounds like a reasonable OOC schedule for an ACC member. I keep reading that people want to do a 10 game conference schedule for football.

If that happens, we will have to cancel a bunch of games already scheduled and we go from one extreme (needing to achedule 5 OOC games annually) to the other (just 2 a year).

I hope we are able to continue our planned but never implemented setup where the BC game is played on Thanksgiving weekend each year.

Actually, I hope we don't play BC on Thanksgiving weekend. With family obligations, just too hard to make that game.

------------------

The "big" OOC game is likely to be tied into the Meadowlands game, again hopefully home, home, Meadowlands, now that SU is in a scheduling position of strength. If SU continues to improve and play competitive football under coach DM, I would think any team in the country would like to play in the Meadowlands against an ACC SU.

If the 11th game is home and home, RU and UConn offer a relatively easy travel opportunity for many SU fans. I don't see WVU as a great travel destination or recruiting destination and there will hopefully be a lot of good ACC teams that offer good football comparable to WVU.
If RU and UConn end up in non BCS conferences, I doubt we will play them, for the same reason Penn State stopped playing Pittsburgh. When you are in a clearly better league and constantly recruiting against someone, playing them and possibly losing to them can only hurt you.

If they were both to end up in the Big Ten, then yes, I think this could happen.

That being said, if RU and UConn end up in a Big East/CUSA/Big MidWest quasi conference, I could see us agreeing to play them a few times in football and maybe basketball in return for letting us leave the Big East early.

If RU and UConn end up in non BCS conferences, I doubt we will play them, for the same reason Penn State stopped playing Pittsburgh. When you are in a clearly better league and constantly recruiting against someone, playing them and possibly losing to them can only hurt you.

If they were both to end up in the Big Ten, then yes, I think this could happen.

That being said, if RU and UConn end up in a Big East/CUSA/Big MidWest quasi conference, I could see us agreeing to play them a few times in football and maybe basketball in return for letting us leave the Big East early.
----------------

Hope you are wrong and SU regularly schedules RU and also UConn as interesting regional games, as games that SU fans can travel to relatively easily and for recruiting.

PSU made a decision not to play Pitt every year. That's fine if they want to play other northeast teams like SU, RU and so on. They are scheduled for Pitt 2016-17, SU 2013, 2020-2021, RU 2014-15. However, PSU regularly scheduling a team like Temple instead of these other schools doesn't enhance their image to me.

SU should not be avoiding a school like RU because SU is afraid they may lose. That's what makes the game interesting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom