Whose our pg next year? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Whose our pg next year?

Howard.

What was he doing today? I could put grease on my hands, literally, and still catch/control a basketball better than he did today.

He did hit a three at the end though - which means he may be outshooting White over the past four or five games. Scary stuff.

If this version of Howard (or some other close facsimile) is our point guard, we will be horrifically bad. He either does a complete turnaround or someone else not yet in the fold gets most of the point guard minutes.

If this version of Howard (or some other close facsimile) is our point guard, we will be horrifically bad. He either does a complete turnaround or someone else not yet in the fold gets most of the point guard minutes.

I know we don't have many bodies but I wouldn't cry if he transferred.

I really dont like Frank Howard.

Unless I misheard the last podcast from Francis, it sounds like Quade Green may be wavering on his commitment to Kentucky. Green appears to be a 1-and-done but might prefer 40 mpg rather than the 20 mpg he will receive based on Cal's current class and targets. Normally I don't believe these types of rumors but Francis is the best source for Syracuse recruiting information...by a mile!

Howard and Battle are not a bad backcourt. Howard was projected to be a 4-year player and has shown some flashes in his first 2-years. Howard is solid defensively and really improved his shooting from FR to SO. If he learns to make better decisions he will be a solid PG. I think Howard just needs more experience and confidence. Battle is a stud and will be dominant, if he returns next season.
No way you heard this. Quade signed with UK. It's as done as it gets.

I know we don't have many bodies but I wouldn't cry if he transferred.

I really dont like Frank Howard.

Youre a few weeks too late. You missed some of the most bitter vitriol ever witnessed on here. Of course, that's back when people were also saying they were happy there was zero chance of the tournament(other than myself) and that they were grateful because they wouldn't have any anxiety. Those were dark times, and many pretend they never happened. But some of us old ones still live and are here to shout "never again" incessently, and to remind you they in fact did happen, and were not a hoax!

How about that pg from Yale that said he was going to be a graduate transfer next year? He had a great tourney last year.
Makai Mason? I like him, but he like Gillon would be very small at the top of the zone.

Unless I misheard the last podcast from Francis, it sounds like Quade Green may be wavering on his commitment to Kentucky. Green appears to be a 1-and-done but might prefer 40 mpg rather than the 20 mpg he will receive based on Cal's current class and targets. Normally I don't believe these types of rumors but Francis is the best source for Syracuse recruiting information...by a mile!

Howard and Battle are not a bad backcourt. Howard was projected to be a 4-year player and has shown some flashes in his first 2-years. Howard is solid defensively and really improved his shooting from FR to SO. If he learns to make better decisions he will be a solid PG. I think Howard just needs more experience and confidence. Battle is a stud and will be dominant, if he returns next season.
You must have listened to another pod or something recently because I definitely never said that. I haven't even mentioned Quade's name in any of my pods since the one right after his decision back in November.

You must have listened to another pod or something recently because I definitely never said that. I haven't even mentioned Quade's name in any of my pods since the one right after his decision back in November.

It was definitely an old podcast. You can imagine why I was so shocked. Sorry about the confusion.

Maybe I accidently clicked on an old podcast and heard something based on optimism. I don't want to speak for Francis. Just assume I am wrong. I don't post often, I will just go away for a while. Francis rules!!!
Dunno how you end up listening to an old one lol but here goes the latest one. Otto's World: Otto's World Podcast Episode 22

Quade is signed, sealed, and delivered to Kentucky. So let's dead that false rumor that never came out of my mouth.

Makai Mason? I like him, but he like Gillon would be very small at the top of the zone.

TBH at this point (LOL) I just want someone who can run the offense and make plays for other guys.

He's 6'1"...he has 4 inches on Gillon. He'll be a 4th year Junior next year so, unless he graduates in 3, wouldn't be eligible as a Grad Transfer until 2018

It's alright. Too much of that henny?;)

Francis, you do great work. Your posts are probably the only reason I come back to this site. I do have trouble with the formatting on your Otto's World site sometimes. I clicked on what I thought was your most recent podcast and ended-up listening to an old one. Then I made an ass of myself on this site. The making an ass of myself is totally my fault and I am not in any way blaming your site. I am not sure if it is just me, but you might want to consider a different layout. I don't mean to complain because you are a huge source of information and do this for free. Just a friendly suggestion. If our paths ever cross, I will gladly buy you a bottle of Henny for the effort!

Francis, you do great work. Your posts are probably the only reason I come back to this site. I do have trouble with the formatting on your Otto's World site sometimes. I clicked on what I thought was your most recent podcast and ended-up listening to an old one. Then I made an ass of myself on this site. The making an ass of myself is totally my fault and I am not in any way blaming your site. I am not sure if it is just me, but you might want to consider a different layout. I don't mean to complain because you are a huge source of information and do this for free. Just a friendly suggestion. If our paths ever cross, I will gladly buy you a bottle of Henny for the effort!
Thanks for kind the words and appreciate you checking out the pods. Not sure why the layout should cause any difficulties. Each post with the pod episode simply has the date on it with the latest one being at the top of the page at all times.

It's going to be a pulled pork sandwich from Dinosaur BBQ, but at least it'll be a player on scholarship.

Have we found the new shaky potatoes?

In reference to generic non-5 star PG to be named later: Pulled Pork.

I'm imagining Raftery calling the NC State game and yelling a clipped "Pulled Pork!!!" after Gillon's 9th 3 pointer.

First time seeing Keene. He's a more physical and explosive Gillon, IMO. The guy plays with some swag. I'd be down with this cat for sure!

I would sign up for that kid right now, we get him to play the point, with Battle, Lydon, TT, Pc, and Moyer, and we have something for next year.

I would sign up for that kid right now, we get him to play the point, with Battle, Lydon, TT, Pc, and Moyer, and we have something for next year.

Yup. Really impressive dude. They better not turn him down if he wants to come here!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom