Whose our pg next year? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Whose our pg next year?

there are several kids with good numbers, and hopefully we can turn up a lucky penny again, but we should be realistic about what's out there. It's not at all clear that there are any experienced candidates even as good as FrankHowardWashington, let alone upgrades
I have to believe that isn't true. That bar isn't all that high.

I have to believe that isn't true. That bar isn't all that high.
I think its almost certainly true in the JUCO half of the equation; as Jasoncuse pointed out on the recruiting board, it looks like all the best JUCOs have already been scooped up. The best PGs still on the board are either freshman who would be ineligible for immediate transfer, or sophs who are fielding mid-major offers of moderate quality.

I do like that Dante Thorpe kid, though, and if Duarte doesn't work out, he seems like a good Plan C

You realize we're still being punished by the NCAA, right?

That's such a weak argument to our current status as a middle of the pack ACC team. We have numerous schollies available. This is our 3rd year in a row as a bubble team. I don't think we would of made the tourney two seasons ago had SU not taken itself out. The year prior to that (12-0 ACC start) we lost 5 of our last 6 down the stretch and got bounced in the second round to an 11 seeded Dayton team. We have yet to win a single ACC tournament game. But, hey, we've been to the FF 2 out of the last 4 years. Last year's miraculous run in the dance has certainly masked some significant issues.

Last edited:
You realize we're still being punished by the NCAA, right?

Yet we couldn't get recruits last year so we had to go to two 5th year guys and gave a scholarship to a walkon, have FIVE open for next year and can't fill them. Sounds like while we're being punished we're not helping our own cause either.

Whoever it is hopefully they can pull us out of mediocrity. It's depressing to have no hope against some of these teams like UNC and Louisville.

It's amazing how fast my mindset went from "there isn't one team in the country I don't think that can beat us" to "I hope we can make it competitive".

Youre a few weeks too late. You missed some of the most bitter vitriol ever witnessed on here. Of course, that's back when people were also saying they were happy there was zero chance of the tournament(other than myself) and that they were grateful because they wouldn't have any anxiety. Those were dark times, and many pretend they never happened. But some of us old ones still live and are here to shout "never again" incessently, and to remind you they in fact did happen, and were not a hoax!
Youre a few weeks too late. You missed some of the most bitter vitriol ever witnessed on here. Of course, that's back when people were also saying they were happy there was zero chance of the tournament(other than myself) and that they were grateful because they wouldn't have any anxiety. Those were dark times, and many pretend they never happened. But some of us old ones still live and are here to shout "never again" incessently, and to remind you they in fact did happen, and were not a hoax!

I'm not talking about Gillon, I'm talking about the current crop of 5th years & Jucos
I appreciate the work you do on looking and writing about the possibilities, thank you. You already identified the Keene kid, and I think he would be better than QG if we had got him, at least for next year.

But I don't think you have the full view. JB stated once at a presser that he thought this year would be at least as good as last year for the grad players. And since this will be our second year in it, and SU is practically advertising for it, I think we'll get a good player and the transition will be better.

I think a 5th year grad will be our starting pg next year. And from day 1 this time, and if FH can't handle it he will be free to leave.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom