Why do I invest in this program? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Why do I invest in this program?

1. I clearly do not have that answer as that information is not made public. I don't know why they are diverting funds. Maybe they have to, to pay something back from when we where making $4 in the Big East, we will never know

You did however say this
All of this is about 2% of what Clemson spent last year on their facilities.

Whooop de doo, when they come up with another 126 mil to compete give me a call, then I will believe they are serious about competing in this conference.

This is where my comments come from. You clearly think we will somehow get the money to spend like them. At this point in time we can not.
I don't have any delusions that we will somehow get the money to spend like them. What I do see is them diverting funds away from an athletics program that sorely needs the funds.

That to me shows a lack of commitment to the program and winning.

DO you see it another way?

I don't have any delusions that we will somehow get the money to spend like them. What I do see is them diverting funds away from an athletics program that sorely needs the funds.

That to me shows a lack of commitment to the program and winning.

DO you see it another way?

No and AGAIN I was never ever questioning that...

It's part of being a fan of any sports team. You will ALWAYS have these games that make you go w.t. ...I grew up a Browns fan and a Red Sox fan talk about having wasted seasons. Luckily for me the Browns moved to Baltimore and won 2 super bowls and the Red Sox got good ownership/management and won 3 world series. The wait makes all the great times that much sweeter. Tomorrow will be a better day.
You were a Browns fan who became a Ravens fan when they left Cleveland? That's...strange.

You were a Browns fan who became a Ravens fan when they left Cleveland? That's...strange.
Yep liked the Browns growing up as it was the name of the midget football team I played for. They moved to Baltimore which is less then 90 minutes from me so it was an easy switch over.

We are stuck in a pretty bad chicken or egg situation.

People wont invest to watch SU lose to a no name team we paid to be here.

But the team won't get more wins without fan and university investment in the program.

Before people complained because we overscheduled and were playing a schedule like we were a top 25 team. Now we can't even use the Rutgers model of inflating the W-L by beating up on no name teams because we just lost to one.

I don't know what the answer is- there may not be one.

Sad and frustrating day to be a fan of Cuse football.

Since most football recruits redshirt as freshmen, I feel you've got to give Babers 3-4 recruiting classes to see real results. He just doesn't have enough players on the field yet. It takes more than 2 seasons, especially since his first recruiting class was small due to his hire date.

SU gets a 20 mil check from the ACC
SU gets 2 mil from donors for athletics
SU $22 Mil

Clemson gets a 20 mil check from the ACC
Clemson gets 60 mil from donors for athletics
Clemson $80 Mil

SU gets the fantastic idea to bring that $22 mil number down to $15 mil because that want to give $7 mil to the general fund.

Makes no sense at all if you want the best for your athletic department and to be competitive. It would be OK for Clemson to do it because they are awash in money and can compete regardless. SU isn't in that position and should re-invest that money in athletics because donors aren't coming out of the woodwork.

I'm gonna stick around a while, see what happens.

This site usually helps me get over some of these loses. Don't all go bailing on me now
Been a fan since I was a little boy, won't bail as a fan just need a break.

May not attend games and save my money just like the university is. I can spend my money on a new truck or camper instead of their program. Just like they spend money on other things instead of their program.

No and AGAIN I was never ever questioning that...

Point is, donors aren't beating down the doors to give money to SU athletics. They shouldn't be waiting around for that to happen. They should be figuring out better ways to spend the athletic revenue on athletics, not diverting funds.

We are not P5 FB team. We may not even be a FBS team. Watching our games and then watching other games it apparent that we are like LeMoyne playing Duke in BB. The crowd the atmosphere is like watching Albany play. Christ HS teams in the south are more P5 than SU. I think we are close to dropping the sport.

We are not P5 FB team. We may not even be a FBS team. Watching our games and then watching other games it apparent that we are like LeMoyne playing Duke in BB. The crowd the atmosphere is like watching Albany play. Christ HS teams in the south are more P5 than SU. I think we are close to dropping the sport.
lol

It's part of being a fan of any sports team. You will ALWAYS have these games that make you go w.t. ...I grew up a Browns fan and a Red Sox fan talk about having wasted seasons. Luckily for me the Browns moved to Baltimore and won 2 super bowls and the Red Sox got good ownership/management and won 3 world series. The wait makes all the great times that much sweeter. Tomorrow will be a better day.
Amen!

If you're gonna give me the whole years of suffering spiel... save it. I understand people overreact after loses but if THIS loss is the end of someones fanhood ... dear god. How do people who survived GERG, want to hang it up now?
I did not hear anyone say they are no longer a fan. Many just said they need a break from SU and its recurring seasons of 4-8.

Did you see my post here? With tonight loss we are 70-114 the past fifteen years. They haven't had a ten win season and ranking since I graduated high school. I am 34 years old. My entire adult life has been nothing but wait until this or with until that.

I am done waiting.

I had a great experience with this program as a youth. Winning seasons and exciting players every year and the expectation that anytime and where the program could win versus anyone.

This loss is more of the same. And I am tired of it. Maybe we win 9 or 10 games once every two decades to keep the base engaged. 2013 gets farther and farther away. Basically outside of a small stretch of time from 2010-2014, we have been dog spit as a program.

Add to the fact we had pre season votes in coaches poll and added some after beating a sheet FCS team, we had some buzz and momentum in the coaches eyes. Then we come out and lay a complete cluster fudge on the 87 team celebration night and we lose all of that and will not see that again this year.

The fact we haven't been ranked in decade plus and other HORRIBLE programs have somehow found ways to get ranked.

We are the true dumpster fire.

That's why I have had it with things.

That's why I need to take a break.
I feel your pain as many on this forum do. You should do what is best for you and don't let others pull the crap "must not be a real fan". We are all fans of SU on this forum but everyone has a different level of frustration.

SU $22 Mil

Clemson $80 Mil

SU gets the fantastic idea to bring that $22 mil number down to $15 mil because that want to give $7 mil to the general fund.

Makes no sense at all if you want the best for your athletic department and to be competitive. It would be OK for Clemson to do it because they are awash in money and can compete regardless. SU isn't in that position and should re-invest that money in athletics because donors aren't coming out of the woodwork.
This is maddening.

Syracuse is only in the ACC because of CFB and CBB. If not for those two revenue sports, we don't get an ACC check.

Invest in CFB and CBB. What am I missing?

The idea of "taking a break" may seem like the thing to do, but it doesn't help the program.

It hasn't been helping the program the past 15 years why would it help now?

Dominated? 7 point game.
there were a couple of turnovers that kept us in it in the first half, but they could have easily been up by 2-3 possessions. then we got worked in the second half.

There are no moral victories vs MTSU.

Pretty sure even if we had won, the general feeling on the board would likely be the same. Playing so poorly against MTSU doesn't inspire much confidence for how we will fare in the remaining 10 games

SU $22 Mil

Clemson $80 Mil

Why aren't STH bringing this up to Wildhack in the meet and greets he does with them? Maddening that money is being diverted to the general fund. Now that the school is in the black again, hopefully this practice stops. SUA needs every penny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom