Why don't we have a thread for The Challenge? | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Why don't we have a thread for The Challenge?

Emanuel was running pretty hard at first so I thought he was going to wear himself out but he's in really good shape. He's got to be the best runner in the remaining group. If he makes it to the final (which I think he will), his endurance could push him over the top. On the other hand, he hasn't really been tested this season yet so nothing is definite. Nobody from Emerald has been tested actually.

I'm still not sure why Logan was picked by CT/Kyle/Emy instead of Emanuel. If they picked Emanuel, he wasn't going to choose Devin. So it was either Nelson or Logan. I'm not sure if they were trying to strategically protect someone else or if picking Logan was really about Kyle being a pissy little a$$hole.

I like Nelson this season. He hasn't been his usual impulsive self. He looks tough.

With all the CT hype early in the episode, I though the producers were setting up CT going into the Lair and losing. Of course, I fell for that fake.

I was really thinking Emanuel could be great until I saw him trying to cross that bridge - he was worse than 50% of the girls outside of that last run. I was sort of shocked he seemed so bad/off-balance.

I was hoping Nelson was the agency vote because I’m 100% sure he’d pick Devin

I was really thinking Emanuel could be great until I saw him trying to cross that bridge - he was worse than 50% of the girls outside of that last run. I was sort of shocked he seemed so bad/off-balance.
Yeah I think he's overrated.

I look at Emanuel and I see a lean guy who seems pretty flexible, good runner, won on his season of Survivor and I think I’ve been building this foundation that he’s good just based on assumptions. He beat Logan but then again, Logan has a bad hamstring.
It’s a bad sign if Emerald’s best male competitor is Devin

I think they left things off on a good cliffhanger.

I wonder if they're going to do a pseudo skull thing and the ones that won in the lair already go straight to the finals and the other ones have to fight it out in the lair to not get eliminated.

This final is really, really, really, really lame so far...

Kaycee has a big rep, but has she ever done anything but coasted? She seems pretty average at everything, but is treated kinda like she's a CT level female contestant at times

Kaycee has a big rep, but has she ever done anything but coasted? She seems pretty average at everything, but is treated kinda like she's a CT level female contestant at times
She does well in the eliminations, but I don't know if she beats anyone that tough. Don't remember.

She's the most boring cast member. Performs well but doesn't bring any entertainment to the show. If she wins does anybody care?

There has to be another twist coming up.
It can't end with those two teams going up against each other. That's like Mike Tyson boxing against me.

I'm a little surprised that people (like CT) were so happy that Devin beat Emanuel. I just assumed that most people don't truly like Devin that much so they wouldn't mind him going home. They'd rather that Devin beat Emanuel but it would be fine if he lost.

I know this has been discussed multiple times but MTV needs to change the format so that you earn a trip to the finals.
Kaycee and Nany are in the finals and they haven't done anything all season.

There has to be another twist coming up.
It can't end with those two teams going up against each other. That's like Mike Tyson boxing against me.

I'm a little surprised that people (like CT) were so happy that Devin beat Emanuel. I just assumed that most people don't truly like Devin that much so they wouldn't mind him going home. They'd rather that Devin beat Emanuel but it would be fine if he lost.

I know this has been discussed multiple times but MTV needs to change the format so that you earn a trip to the finals.
Kaycee and Nany are in the finals and they haven't done anything all season.
I think the vet thing matters to a lot of them, but also, maybe the thought is Devin is easier to beat in the final?

Another season in the books. Not a particularly exciting final but the best pair won. It seemed to be less physically punishing than previous years. They even got a decent night's sleep.

Devin is not in Challenge shape. Dam, quit whining.
I feel bad for Nelson. Maybe it was how MTV was editing the video, but it sure looked like he was doing most of the work on that four-person team, right before he was eliminated. His Challenge IQ has definitely jumped from his first season. He deserves a win.

Filming for the next season starts in January.
Some of the regulars are skipping season 38:

I just don't understand how you can let CT get a walk to the final.
If they're going to let him waltz to the final, he might as well come back for another couple seasons.

We're not seeing much courage among the vets.

If they're going to let him waltz to the final, he might as well come back for another couple seasons.

We're not seeing much courage among the vets.
I distinctly remember early on Devin said his goal was that a vet non-winner take the crown.

Devin getting all 20 numbers correct at the very end may have been the most impressive thing of the season.
He had a hell of a season. Just isn’t athletic enough to win but impressive showing for the season.

I have very mixed feelings about this season. Definitely entertaining, but I felt the game itself was weak. None of the trivia challenges, none of the eating weird stuff. And also the final basically came down to the final run and memorization challenge? Weird.

I have very mixed feelings about this season. Definitely entertaining, but I felt the game itself was weak. None of the trivia challenges, none of the eating weird stuff. And also the final basically came down to the final run and memorization challenge? Weird.
I'm thinking covid regulations are really screwing with things. 2 straight underwhelming "my finals"

She’s the female version of Fessy

I hate the eating personally. I did miss the trivia though. Thought it was interesting how puzzle heavy the final was.

I hate the eating personally. I did miss the trivia though. Thought it was interesting how puzzle heavy the final was.
See, this is sick and wrong of me, but seeing someone earnestly trying to win a competition by stuffing their face with gross food, and then hurling, cracks me up every time.

Plus, I feel like the eating challenges really separate out the competition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom