Why don't we have a thread for The Challenge? | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Why don't we have a thread for The Challenge?

Netflix is starting to have quite a pipeline of reality shows that they could potentially tap into. Already did it with Ed recently and he was a fun addition IMO.

Netflix is starting to have quite a pipeline of reality shows that they could potentially tap into. Already did it with Ed recently and he was a fun addition IMO.
Yup, the talent is out there.

Yup, the talent is out there.
Wes is on this next season of all stars. I believe bananas is coming back for another season. Ct is done. He’s doing some movies. They need to get away from the muscle bound gym rats and get back to ppl with personalities.

So... has anyone else been watching The Challenge on CBS?

I have to say, you can take out the MTV personalities, but keep TJ and the format, and the show just frickin' works.
0 interest in my household.

0 interest in my household.
Have you watched it? I threw it on a few weeks ago because I noticed I could get the episodes on demand. Got hooked pretty quickly.

Have you watched it? I threw it on a few weeks ago because I noticed I could get the episodes on demand. Got hooked pretty quickly.
I like the dynamics of the group. I’m a Big Brother fan so I know most of the cast members from that series. Haven’t watched Survivor in years but vaguely remember Tyson as a cutthroat athletic beast. Angela was a Big Brother person so surprised that her and Tyson started working together so quickly. Challenges have been great and I like the random pairing of teams to keep it interesting. Also like the fact the winners get to go to the international competition. Solid show.

I only hold onto the new ones because of the very few remaining old school folks. If I had to watch a full season of only Fessy & Josh types from modern Big Brother type stuffs I would rather read a book. All of the infiltrators of the last 5 years or so are what I dislike about the regular Challenge so I don't want to give it any type of chance.

I only hold onto the new ones because of the very few remaining old school folks. If I had to watch a full season of only Fessy & Josh types from modern Big Brother type stuffs I would rather read a book. All of the infiltrators of the last 5 years or so are what I dislike about the regular Challenge so I don't want to give it any type of chance.
I hear that.

I'm enjoying it though. Having everyone come from the different shows has done interesting things to the dynamic. The people from the various shows fell in and out of alliances together pretty quickly.

I’ve been watching on Paramount+.
There isn’t a lot on P+ but it’s cheap and you can watch all old and new Real World/Challenge content, including this past season of The Challenge All Stars, which was pretty good.

I’ve never watched Big Brother or Love Island and it’s been years since I watched Survivor so I don’t know who any of these people are except Tyson, who is kind of a dbag.

I know they desperately need to inject new blood into The Challenge but I would have preferred to see a Fresh Meat season, where half the cast is familiar faces/personalities.

For me, the problem with this Challenge season is that I don’t know who they are and I don’t care if they win or lose. I’m not even interested in making fun of anybody.

I guess this could maybe turn into a pipeline of contestants for The Challenge.
It can’t be easy to find contestants when MTV’s programming exists of showing 30 episodes of Ridiculousness every day.
If this leads to Fessy vs Tyson, I’m out.

I’ve been watching on Paramount+.
There isn’t a lot on P+ but it’s cheap and you can watch all old and new Real World/Challenge content, including this past season of The Challenge All Stars, which was pretty good.

I’ve never watched Big Brother or Love Island and it’s been years since I watched Survivor so I don’t know who any of these people are except Tyson, who is kind of a dbag.

I know they desperately need to inject new blood into The Challenge but I would have preferred to see a Fresh Meat season, where half the cast is familiar faces/personalities.

For me, the problem with this Challenge season is that I don’t know who they are and I don’t care if they win or lose. I’m not even interested in making fun of anybody.

I guess this could maybe turn into a pipeline of contestants for The Challenge.
It can’t be easy to find contestants when MTV’s programming exists of showing 30 episodes of Ridiculousness every day.
If this leads to Fessy vs Tyson, I’m out.
I haven’t caught the MTV versions yet but Fessy might have been the worst Big Brother player in history. Guy thought he was running the game but had no idea how to play and the other houseguests ran circles around him. Sounds like he hasn’t changed much. If you ever start watching Big Brother, watch season 20 just to see this guy get clowned.

I haven’t caught the MTV versions yet but Fessy might have been the worst Big Brother player in history. Guy thought he was running the game but had no idea how to play and the other houseguests ran circles around him. Sounds like he hasn’t changed much. If you ever start watching Big Brother, watch season 20 just to see this guy get clowned.
Well, I can't stand him so I'm definitely not going to do that, big thanks for the tip though. ;)

On The Challenge he's the worst kind of meathead. Talks a big game, but is soft. To his credit he is very opportunistic about putting himself in position for eliminations and challenges he can win. He's just extremely annoying.

Well, I can't stand him so I'm definitely not going to do that, big thanks for the tip though. ;)

On The Challenge he's the worst kind of meathead. Talks a big game, but is soft. To his credit he is very opportunistic about putting himself in position for eliminations and challenges he can win. He's just extremely annoying.
Josh is on the challenge too? Another annoying one. Used to walk around banging pots and pans to annoy people. Was as insufferable as they come but somehow won his season.

Josh is on the challenge too? Another annoying one. Used to walk around banging pots and pans to annoy people. Was as insufferable as they come but somehow won his season.
Josh is awful. Legitimately awful.

Most of the big brother contestants on the MTV episodes of The Challenge are. Even the ones that compete well are boring.

Amber's not ugly though. But nobody likes her for some reason.

So Sarah is the worst and she had an all-time stupid idea and I wish they had let her see it through because she would have gotten destroyed and it would have been awful but also kind of funny.

So Sarah is the worst and she had an all-time stupid idea and I wish they had let her see it through because she would have gotten destroyed and it would have been awful but also kind of funny.
That comp was made for the bigger, stronger person to win. Poor Leo had zero chance against any of the remaining men. Sarah would have been toast.

That comp was made for the bigger, stronger person to win. Poor Leo had zero chance against any of the remaining men. Sarah would have been toast.
Headbangers are great when it's an equal matchup.

That one was lame because Leo's played a stronger overall game, and got beat by a contestant that hasn't been very good, but hey, he's bigger.

It's like, The Challenge is an allegory about LIFE, man.

Meh episode. Incredible strategy by Angela and Alyssa. I have no idea why anyone listens to Sarah. She's in the pantheon of competitors that talk a big game and do absolutely nothing to back it up.

Also that one dude name drops his wife every episode. What's up with that?

Meh episode. Incredible strategy by Angela and Alyssa. I have no idea why anyone listens to Sarah. She's in the pantheon of competitors that talk a big game and do absolutely nothing to back it up.

Also that one dude name drops his wife every episode. What's up with that?
Danny knows that if he flirts with anyone on the show, his wife is going to divorce him and take all his Dallas Cowboys earnings.
So he overcompensates and mentions her name every four minutes.
No way he does this in real life.

Paramount+ and Showtime are supposedly combining into a single app.
I currently pay $5/month for Paramount+ so I can watch TJ Lavin laugh at people on different versions of The Challenge. I'm not enthusiastic about having to spend more, even with the additional Showtime programming.

Danny knows that if he flirts with anyone on the show, his wife is going to divorce him and take all his Dallas Cowboys earnings.
So he overcompensates and mentions her name every four minutes.
No way he does this in real life.
Ah.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom