Why don't we have a thread for The Challenge? | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Why don't we have a thread for The Challenge?

See, this is sick and wrong of me, but seeing someone earnestly trying to win a competition by stuffing their face with gross food, and then hurling, cracks me up every time.

Plus, I feel like the eating challenges really separate out the competitio

That's absolutely true for Fessy. That guy is never ever going to win a season.

Another season in the books. Not a particularly exciting final but the best pair won. It seemed to be less physically punishing than previous years. They even got a decent night's sleep.

Devin is not in Challenge shape. Dam, quit whining.
I feel bad for Nelson. Maybe it was how MTV was editing the video, but it sure looked like he was doing most of the work on that four-person team, right before he was eliminated. His Challenge IQ has definitely jumped from his first season. He deserves a win.

Filming for the next season starts in January.
Some of the regulars are skipping season 38:

SIGNIFICANTLY less.

I could have competed in this one. Hey, jog a bit, grab some stuff from low level puzzles and finish up.

That was horrendously bad television...a foot race up a slight incline to remember some numbers? Even the lead-in to it was stupidly boring.

I just don't understand how you can let CT get a walk to the final.

Yeah, and they seem to do it again and again - Jonny Bananas and Wes would do their best to make sure that wouldn't happen.

Devin getting all 20 numbers correct at the very end may have been the most impressive thing of the season.

Indeed. He had a good strategy. Hope they it up and be clean with the numbers. I thought it may work for just a moment.

I have very mixed feelings about this season. Definitely entertaining, but I felt the game itself was weak. None of the trivia challenges, none of the eating weird stuff. And also the final basically came down to the final run and memorization challenge? Weird.

This.

They weren't even tested. They dropped them off in some water, had them swim, and time never seemed to matter much. Nelson not being able to swim would normally be hilarious, but in this final, they just finished up and he waited for them.

That Alien song by Emy was terrible. Seriously bad. It looked like the producers told everyone, “I’ll pay you each $2000 to look excited about this song.”

I liked the fact that Maria Menounos forced Fessy to admit that he’s a piece of sh$t.
If Amanda wasn’t so incredibly loud and bitchy she’s be pretty attractive.
Tori is still letting herself get walked over by Devin. She couldn’t even address the fact that Devin really was being selfish and terrible to her.

I still think it was a decent season overall, even though the final was weak.
Going forward, they need to find more interesting regulars because leaning on Kyle and Devin to be the stars of the season is not a good idea.

That Alien song by Emy was terrible. Seriously bad. It looked like the producers told everyone, “I’ll pay you each $2000 to look excited about this song.”

I liked the fact that Maria Menounos forced Fessy to admit that he’s a piece of sh$t.
If Amanda wasn’t so incredibly loud and bitchy she’s be pretty attractive.
Tori is still letting herself get walked over by Devin. She couldn’t even address the fact that Devin really was being selfish and terrible to her.

I still think it was a decent season overall, even though the final was weak.
Going forward, they need to find more interesting regulars because leaning on Kyle and Devin to be the stars of the season is not a good idea.
Looks like I need to catch up on the after show.

This writer is terrible but it's actually a super interesting topic, and has some crazy details.

Like, Theo. Who knew?

This writer is terrible but it's actually a super interesting topic, and has some crazy details.

Like, Theo. Who knew?
I knew about all of this stuff, but it didn't really click in my head that they all debuted together and that it was literally only Josh that remained. That's pretty nuts.

I knew about all of this stuff, but it didn't really click in my head that they all debuted together and that it was literally only Josh that remained. That's pretty nuts.
Yeah. Great rookie class, the one that stuck was... Josh?

Yeah. Great rookie class, the one that stuck was... Josh?
I will say I hated Bear with a passion from day 1 and was hoping he'd fizzle out so that doesn't disappoint me at all but to miss out on more of Theo and Mattie while being left with Josh is a disappointment to say the least.

That's bad news about Theo; he could have been a great regular. Almost all the rest are a mess. Or Josh.
The 'Fresh Meat' competitions have usually been pretty good at finding new competitors. They should do more of that.

On another note, when are we getting a real season again? Feels like there’s been a longer break than usual.

On another note, when are we getting a real season again? Feels like there’s been a longer break than usual.
Good call.

It's like they crammed a bunch of seasons into a short amount of time between MTV and Paramount+ and now it's been quiet for a while.

I think their worldwide Challenge event starts soon, which both sounds cool and not cool. Cool because it's multiple shows in different parts of the world, not cool because I'm not sure the show format works with just reality TV competitors and not the special brand of degenerate MTV produces as cast members.

Good call.

It's like they crammed a bunch of seasons into a short amount of time between MTV and Paramount+ and now it's been quiet for a while.

I think their worldwide Challenge event starts soon, which both sounds cool and not cool. Cool because it's multiple shows in different parts of the world, not cool because I'm not sure the show format works with just reality TV competitors and not the special brand of degenerate MTV produces as cast members.
Yeah, I have 0 interest in that new one. The Challenge is the only trash TV thing that I watch so once they run out of the people that I know, I'm probably going to be out.

Yeah, I have 0 interest in that new one. The Challenge is the only trash TV thing that I watch so once they run out of the people that I know, I'm probably going to be out.
I'll stick if they find new trash people.

Not having the real world pipe line is going to kill the show. Need more ct and bananas then fessy

Doing another season of Fresh Meat could help build a new core of drama queens.
Check out the newbies from these two seasons:

The risk with this (probably) is that you need an interesting group of veterans in order to balance out the newbies and getting an interesting group of veterans right now is difficult.
Who is really interested in seeing Josh and Ashley and Nany and Kaycee compete again?
Bananas is retired. Leroy is retired. Kam is pregnant. The Brits are dealing with scandals. CT is alright but nobody challenges him on anything.
It's getting stale.

I guess this actually reinforces your point that the absence of a Real World pipeline is a big problem.

Not having the real world pipe line is going to kill the show. Need more ct and bananas then fessy
Yeah, there is a special combination of athlete and political animal that makes the show work and for whatever reason those personalities come from the trash MTV shows the best.

They don't come from Big Brother. All of them are awful. Amber is fine but I guess the rest of the cast hates her for some reason.

Doing another season of Fresh Meat could help build a new core of drama queens.
Check out the newbies from these two seasons:

The risk with this (probably) is that you need an interesting group of veterans in order to balance out the newbies and getting an interesting group of veterans right now is difficult.
Who is really interested in seeing Josh and Ashley and Nany and Kaycee compete again?
Bananas is retired. Leroy is retired. Kam is pregnant. The Brits are dealing with scandals. CT is alright but nobody challenges him on anything.
It's getting stale.

I guess this actually reinforces your point that the absence of a Real World pipeline is a big problem.
I will happily watch Nany every season. Don't like Kaycee though.

They need to get Cara Maria back, but not Paulie. Wes helps a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom