Why don't we have a thread for The Challenge? | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Why don't we have a thread for The Challenge?

Random thoughts as I watch this week's episode:

- Kyle's girlfriend is really hot. I don't completely understand how he managed that. I can't get past that stupid tattoo on the back of his head. He's going to be a middle aged man soon with a stupid tattoo on his head.
- Maybe it's because that moron dipsh$t Zach isn't on the show but Amanda seems kind of likeable this season. She's got a little son. She's a nurse in the days of COVID. She's slightly pleasant.
- Advertising during challenges has returned - P3. Pseudo-healthy food from Oscar Mayer for people who are too old for Lunchables and don't mind persistent diarrhea.
- Emy is way too emotional to go far in this game.
- TJ is one of the luckiest mfers ever. He earns a ton of money for barely working, while traveling to beautiful locations all over the globe and making fun of people screwing up.
- New season of All Stars starts next month. In Season 1, I don't think they could have found a more out-shape group of people for a physical competition. Nowhere to go here but up.
- Pole wrestle has to be the toughest, least appealing event in this game.
- CT is not long for his current team. Subtract Nelly and Ed and add Kyle? There is no future for that team.

I love Kyle, but he hasn't been all that exciting this year. There just hasn't been enough drama, and he feeds off that. Perhaps it's beginning though. I don't think he plots much though, just sort of randomly does stupid stuff without real purpose - stirs the pot just because he has a spoon or something.

Concur on Amanda, she's far more likable this year. I always find her entertaining, but this is the first season where she's likable.

Season 2 of All Stars has Melinda. I was a fan back in the day. And Teck! lol He has to go home first...couldn't they have got Ruthie if they were pulling from Hawaii?

1634933313810.png

I read an article that said pretentious surfer boy is not returning, and Irish fellow is doing a remote appearance.

I kinda liked when the show would have people on that got there and were like, "uhhhhh, this isn't for me. Maybe I can hide." It added a weird dynamic. San Diego was a lot like that. Half those people didn't seem to be want to be there. lol
That dude Mohamed of the SF season was an all time hider

I read an article that said pretentious surfer boy is not returning, and Irish fellow is doing a remote appearance.

I kinda liked when the show would have people on that got there and were like, "uhhhhh, this isn't for me. Maybe I can hide." It added a weird dynamic. San Diego was a lot like that. Half those people didn't seem to be want to be there. lol
Jamie Chung turned into a pretty decent actress. And a superhottie.

Jamie Chung turned into a pretty decent actress. And a superhottie.

1. I love Jamie Chung. :)

2. She is in some old horror flick I saw on Netflix recently, Sorority Row (I think), which is awful, but kinda fun for a silly cliche college-based horror film...if you hate the genre though, don't watch. lol

Everybody always wants to be partners with CT.

He barely wakes up for the first 2/3 of the season.

I want to start this post by stating that I really appreciate that this thread is in the 'Other Sports' sub-forum and not under 'Entertainment'. Amid the talk related to the achievements of professional athletes in the NFL and MLS and MLB, there is a thread devoted to discussing MTV reality stars having meltdowns.

It seems like it wasn't that long ago that there were a ton of competitors still alive. The ranks are thinning quickly.
FYI - according to the interweb, Ashley was kicked off the show because she called Josh 'gay'.

I've said this before but, although Amanda is toxic and yelly and constantly looking for an argument, she's still a pretty hot mom.
Big T seems like a really nice person but, dam, she is a terrible athlete.

I think there are still 13 people left in this game. Seems like a lot of people for this stage of the season.

The Challenge All Stars Season 2 starts today.
Brad looks like he's been stuck in the middle of the forest and has gone crazy. Tina is back and spiteful, as usual. No Big Easy this time around, thankfully. There are actually a fair number of athletes in this group.
In case you're wondering - Is it worth about $5/month for a Paramount Plus subscription just so you can watch this additional MTV content? Probably not but I like the MTV drama.

I want to start this post by stating that I really appreciate that this thread is in the 'Other Sports' sub-forum and not under 'Entertainment'. Amid the talk related to the achievements of professional athletes in the NFL and MLS and MLB, there is a thread devoted to discussing MTV reality stars having meltdowns.

It seems like it wasn't that long ago that there were a ton of competitors still alive. The ranks are thinning quickly.
FYI - according to the interweb, Ashley was kicked off the show because she called Josh 'gay'.

I've said this before but, although Amanda is toxic and yelly and constantly looking for an argument, she's still a pretty hot mom.
Big T seems like a really nice person but, dam, she is a terrible athlete.

I think there are still 13 people left in this game. Seems like a lot of people for this stage of the season.

Brad looks like he's been stuck in the middle of the forest and has gone crazy. Tina is back and spiteful, as usual. No Big Easy this time around, thankfully. There are actually a fair number of athletes in this group.
In case you're wondering - Is it worth about $5/month for a Paramount Plus subscription just so you can watch this additional MTV content? Probably not but I like the MTV drama.

HAHAHAHA. Brad. :) He has REALLY crazy eyes...he tends to look like a madman quite often.

I just watched the last episode. Big T does nothing very well, I recall her pulling out a couple last season, but even today, her trying pretty much equates to the same productivity you get from Amanda who will literally just not compete sometimes (see last week's Titanic pose).

I feel like this season everyone is going with the new CT strategy of just laying low, and it makes it quite boring. It's a bad mix as nobody wants to do anything other than drift into a final, even the occasional grudge blows over immediately as "laying low" becomes the objective.

Losing Ashley will make that even worse.

HAHAHAHA. Brad. :) He has REALLY crazy eyes...he tends to look like a madman quite often.

I just watched the last episode. Big T does nothing very well, I recall her pulling out a couple last season, but even today, her trying pretty much equates to the same productivity you get from Amanda who will literally just not compete sometimes (see last week's Titanic pose).

I feel like this season everyone is going with the new CT strategy of just laying low, and it makes it quite boring. It's a bad mix as nobody wants to do anything other than drift into a final, even the occasional grudge blows over immediately as "laying low" becomes the objective.

Losing Ashley will make that even worse.
That's what happens when the best strategy to make the final is to just keep yourself out of the elimination.

I thought Big Easy was dead

That's what happens when the best strategy to make the final is to just keep yourself out of the elimination.
Maybe I’m giving him too much credit but I feel like it was Johnny Bananas who was one of the people who really started this.
There was a lot of foolish volunteering in those early seasons.

That's why they need to bring back the skulls, forcing people to go in and earn a spot in TJ's final.

I also like the "redemption house" angle (did they do this more than once?) because you're bringing in vengeful people all the time just to stir the pot.

That's why they need to bring back the skulls, forcing people to go in and earn a spot in TJ's final.
I think they need to up the ante with the skulls.

Here's what I propose - when you have a skull, if you get sent in and beat your opponent, you lock in $50-100k from the prize money for yourself. Doesn't matter if you get eliminated at some point, you take that home and it's gone from the pot. Also, if you lose, the skull transfers, but you aren't eliminated - that only happens to competitors that lose an elimination without a skull.

I think the cash play could make things interesting - it gives an incentive for a player to go in and get some money if they can engineer the game to give them that opportunity. It also gives the other players an incentive to not keep trying to dump the same people into elimination until they're eventually gone, because an elimination winner with a skull isn't bumped that easily, and if they come back, they come back with guaranteed winnings that leave a smaller pot for everyone.

Josh sucks

Yeah. He does.

Kyle kills me. lol He's the strangest contestant the show has going currently. And not just because of the stupidly white teeth.

Devin went from being very entertaining with all his commentary/quips season-to-season to being pretty whiny and annoying almost every episode. Sucks. He's usually much better.

Tori got HOUSED by Kaycee. I was expecting a lot more violence in that bunker game - other than the one hit there was pretty much nothing. I appreciate how fired up Tori gets though.

Ruby is shaping up pretty well - gotta figure Big T goes out next episode unless they win the challenge.

All that being said, very smart decision by Kyle to transition away from Manuel to Josh. Why Manuel said it was because he was afraid was silly. As soon as you see agility, you go Josh. No doubt.

If it was 'Hall Brawl' or anything with strength, he goes Manuel, and likely punishes him.

With that being said, it would have been interesting to see how well Manuel would have done with the jumping. He's a tiny little bugger.

Kyle never looks like a large human to me, however, whenever he's directly next to anyone he usually has a pretty decent size advantage. Wonder how tall he is...

He looked like he could put Manuel in his pocket when they were standing right next to each other.

Yeah. He does.

Kyle kills me. lol He's the strangest contestant the show has going currently. And not just because of the stupidly white teeth.

Devin went from being very entertaining with all his commentary/quips season-to-season to being pretty whiny and annoying almost every episode. Sucks. He's usually much better.

Tori got HOUSED by Kaycee. I was expecting a lot more violence in that bunker game - other than the one hit there was pretty much nothing. I appreciate how fired up Tori gets though.

Ruby is shaping up pretty well - gotta figure Big T goes out next episode unless they win the challenge.

All that being said, very smart decision by Kyle to transition away from Manuel to Josh. Why Manuel said it was because he was afraid was silly. As soon as you see agility, you go Josh. No doubt.

If it was 'Hall Brawl' or anything with strength, he goes Manuel, and likely punishes him.

With that being said, it would have been interesting to see how well Manuel would have done with the jumping. He's a tiny little bugger.

Kyle never looks like a large human to me, however, whenever he's directly next to anyone he usually has a pretty decent size advantage. Wonder how tall he is...

He looked like he could put Manuel in his pocket when they were standing right next to each other.
Devin wasn't even sent to the Lair. Just the thought that he might have to go into the Lair and prove himself turned him into a whiny baby. And Tori willingly let herself be abused by him.

If I was Kyle, I definitely would not have said Emanuel's name. He looks like a tough little mfer.

Devin wasn't even sent to the Lair. Just the thought that he might have to go into the Lair and prove himself turned him into a whiny baby. And Tori willingly let herself be abused by him.

If I was Kyle, I definitely would not have said Emanuel's name. He looks like a tough little mfer.

I agree - I wouldn't want to take him on, he's got a bit of an edge...but until I saw them standing next to each other I didn't realize Kyle was THAT much bigger. So I could see why if it was a "brute strength" challenge Kyle may want to head off in that direction.

How can I feel completely miserable about the state of Syracuse football when we still have MTV's The Challenge, amiright?

Well the veterans continue to underwhelm in so many ways, including:
- Devin is still whining about last week. And still gaslighting Tori because she was looking out for herself. If somebody does something that doesn't serve Devin, then they're playing the game wrong.
- Big T...just an extraordinary level of delusion. I briefly thought that maybe she is just using strategy to possibly save herself from going into the Lair but that isn't correct. She really is delusional. And out of shape. I think Logan made a crack about her eating donuts every day.
- Amanda actually made the following comment - 'Every time I go down to the killing floor, I risk going home.' Wow, what insight.
- The Emerald team continues to do well in challenges that favor large teams. wow. huge achievement.

OK, the underwhelming efforts above only reminded me of Sterlin Gilbert.

The more positive aspects:
- Emanuel blatantly mocking Kyle for being too scared to face him.
- Watching Nelson lay into Devin was pretty fantastic. I don't think I've ever been this impressed with Nelson. Calling out Devin for being physically weak and manipulative. I hope those two meet up in the Lair next week.

PS:
I watched the first episode of the Real World L.A. Reunion. No Dominic or surfer jagoff. David is unapologetic for the whole incident that got him kicked out of the house. Surprisingly, Beth has actually aged the best of everybody on that show. In summation, it's not worth your time.

How can I feel completely miserable about the state of Syracuse football when we still have MTV's The Challenge, amiright?

- Devin is still whining about last week. And still gaslighting Tori because she was looking out for herself. If somebody does something that doesn't serve Devin, then they're playing the game wrong.
- Big T...just an extraordinary level of delusion. I briefly thought that maybe she is just using strategy to possibly save herself from going into the Lair but that isn't correct. She really is delusional. And out of shape. I think Logan made a crack about her eating donuts every day.
- Amanda actually made the following comment - 'Every time I go down to the killing floor, I risk going home.' Wow, what insight.
- The Emerald team continues to do well in challenges that favor large teams. wow. huge achievement.

OK, the underwhelming efforts above only reminded me of Sterlin Gilbert.

- Watching Nelson lay into Devin was pretty fantastic. I don't think I've ever been this impressed with Nelson. Calling out Devin for being physically weak and manipulative. I hope those two meet up in the Lair next week.

PS:
I watched the first episode of the Real World L.A. Reunion. No Dominic or surfer jagoff. David is unapologetic for the whole incident that got him kicked out of the house. Surprisingly, Beth has actually aged the best of everybody on that show. In summation, it's not worth your time.
I am to the point where I look forward to new episodes of the challenge more than our football games.

Basketball still has the lead, but we'll see how this season goes.

You are right!!! I missed the episode this week due to basketball, but caught it today. Wish I had watched 'The Challenge' instead. Much higher skill level on 'The Challenge'

Devin is killing me - Nelson and everyone else is spot on. He's really a bit too self-obsessed this season, he's not even funny, just super whiny about how great and smart he is. Even his commentary about Josh to Kyle was super annoying. He needs to get into a hall brawl with Nelson.

I'm confused as to why they haven't done a challenge yet that completely favors teams with less players. It feels like they usually adjust to create drama/fun, this year, not so much.

CT seems a little weird about Kyle being on his team...get over it.

Big T...puzzle QUEEN.

If someone was going to take a shot at CT, this was going to be it.

Emanuel looked terrified to go into the Lair, and I think he would have lost basically anything else they've done. As soon as he heard "run" all his confidence came back and Logan knew he made a mistake.

The most unexpected thing would be Nelson winning it. So that's what I'm routing for now.

On the women's side, Nany. Get some experienced vets a little glory.

Emanuel was running pretty hard at first so I thought he was going to wear himself out but he's in really good shape. He's got to be the best runner in the remaining group. If he makes it to the final (which I think he will), his endurance could push him over the top. On the other hand, he hasn't really been tested this season yet so nothing is definite. Nobody from Emerald has been tested actually.

I'm still not sure why Logan was picked by CT/Kyle/Emy instead of Emanuel. If they picked Emanuel, he wasn't going to choose Devin. So it was either Nelson or Logan. I'm not sure if they were trying to strategically protect someone else or if picking Logan was really about Kyle being a pissy little a$$hole.

I like Nelson this season. He hasn't been his usual impulsive self. He looks tough.

With all the CT hype early in the episode, I though the producers were setting up CT going into the Lair and losing. Of course, I fell for that fake.

Last edited:
I think Emy convinced them to protect Emanuel as the choice.

I don't care what the competition is, unless it's super obvious it's a puzzle - I'd personally choose Devin. All day.

That being said, outside of a running race, Logan probably crushes Emanuel in anything else. So, maybe not the worst bet if he thought this could be puzzle or strength vs. a timed running event. Hedge your bet I guess.

Devin making a final is sort of hilarious. I'd be begging off that team. I can't envision a final where he could excel unless they design it specifically for him. That team is DONE regardless. That's why I would do anything if I was on another team to keep Devin in the game, which maybe was the plan? Who knows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom