Why don't we have a thread for The Challenge? | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Why don't we have a thread for The Challenge?

Turbo is full on crazy. I truly would be scared to sleep in the same room as him.
He was picking fights with people throughout the episode. He almost made Devin cry.
I think the season is off to a good start.

Also, what did Kaila do to her face? She went big on the Botox. No idea why. She was pretty, now she's scary looking.

Last edited:
I think the season is off to a good start.

Also, what did Kaila do to her race? She went big on the Botox. No idea why. She was pretty, now she's scary looking.
It's a good thing that Bananas is on the show because, without him, they're a little light on star power. Some of the regulars didn't show up this season - CT, Wes, Kyle, Josh.
They should bring back some of those Brits from War of the Worlds. Not pervy Bear but there were some solid personalities that season.
I think the All Stars shows are skimming off some of the talent.

I liked the first episode overall. So many delusional rookies.

I am not a fan of Kailah at all. Or her blowhard husband.
She's only 29 but there's some rough mileage on that chassis.

So Sarah is the worst and she had an all-time stupid idea and I wish they had let her see it through because she would have gotten destroyed and it would have been awful but also kind of funny.

I FINISHED...sorry, but I'm likely going to start quoting posts from 3 months ago!

Dumbest idea in the history of the Challenge. Without a doubt.

Danny knows that if he flirts with anyone on the show, his wife is going to divorce him and take all his Dallas Cowboys earnings.
So he overcompensates and mentions her name every four minutes.
No way he does this in real life.

Okay, I love that this discussion happened

Drove me nuts

What do you think is the harder event?
Hall Brawl or Pole Wrestle?
Pole Wrestle looks exhausting but Hall Brawl looks really painful.

I like watching Hall Brawl, but it's usually easy to predict the winner
Pole wrestle usually is more interesting cuz you get some serious surprises

I'd say Hall Brawl is harder just due to the initial beatdown

Kind of a terrible season finale.

I have thoughts. I'll give it a day for spoilers.

We see time and time again, it hurts everyone if people that are going to struggle with the final make it to the final.

That was weak. I feel like they must have told Sarah she was the only one left.

I mean, she didn't seem THAT excited after she finished - if she thought she finished last I feel like there would have been more shock than "awe, I won."

Man, all those contestants for the most part sucked. Everyone from The Challenge finishes. Even Aneesa finishes that nonsense!

Tyson tapping out was fun.

Anyone agree with Angela that she should NOT have been ejected? I kinda feel like she was fine - she did a couple loads and took a nap. It wasn't against the rules to take a nap - she should have just pretended that she slept too long instead of making her stupid plan clear that she was "opting out."

While I think the producers probably do some shady things to ‘keep it interesting’, saying that people from the production were sobbing and apologizing to him just reinforces how much of a raging egomaniac he is.
And claiming that everybody except Danny had never done a Sudoku puzzle before and didn’t understand it? Yeah, ok

I have to say - that might be legit.

They timed out Justine earlier on the math challenge. I would be expecting to time out of this one. They should at least give guidance on that if it was unclear and they did start standing about.

Also, I have never played Sudoku and have no idea what it is other than the cover for the books have numbers on them. I'd guess you're trying to get the same total in every row in every direction??????

That was weak. I feel like they must have told Sarah she was the only one left.

I mean, she didn't seem THAT excited after she finished - if she thought she finished last I feel like there would have been more shock than "awe, I won."

Man, all those contestants for the most part sucked. Everyone from The Challenge finishes. Even Aneesa finishes that nonsense!

Tyson tapping out was fun.

Anyone agree with Angela that she should NOT have been ejected? I kinda feel like she was fine - she did a couple loads and took a nap. It wasn't against the rules to take a nap - she should have just pretended that she slept too long instead of making her stupid plan clear that she was "opting out."
I think they should have been clear with her that if she doesn't finish it's a quit.

But I can see a difference between not completing a physical challenge, and not completing a puzzle. A puzzle, there might just be no way. A physical one, you have to just hang in there.

Kyland would be great - seems like a chill, competitive dude that would get better and be fun.
You didn’t watch US Big Brother last year, did you? Guy was definitely competitive but certainly not chill. One of the biggest egos I’ve ever seen. He was blindsided by Xavier(also on the Challenge) and it was beautiful.

You didn’t watch US Big Brother last year, did you? Guy was definitely competitive but certainly not chill. One of the biggest egos I’ve ever seen. He was blindsided by Xavier(also on the Challenge) and it was beautiful.

Huh. I've never seen an episode of Big Brother.
Outside of the Challenge I watch ZERO reality TV LOL

Weird. I thought he seemed calm and sort of like he would fit in with Cory, but more chill
Guess not!

Huh. I've never seen an episode of Big Brother.
Outside of the Challenge I watch ZERO reality TV LOL

Weird. I thought he seemed calm and sort of like he would fit in with Cory, but more chill
Guess not!
I like Big Brother because it happens live and you can see how the contestants are without the tv edit swaying you in a certain direction. I’ve never seen the Canadian version but heard it’s fantastic.

Starting Ride or Dies.....just got to Kailah's introduction.

I was like, oh, never seen her before. Then they said 6th season...then I Googled. She looooooooks different. Weird.

Starting Ride or Dies...just got to Kailah's introduction.

I was like, oh, never seen her before. Then they said 6th season...then I Googled. She looooooooks different. Weird.
Right?

And why? She was good looking! Now she looks alien.

I like Big Brother because it happens live and you can see how the contestants are without the tv edit swaying you in a certain direction. I’ve never seen the Canadian version but heard it’s fantastic.

It's live? I don't get it. How????? It's only on an hour a week, no???? W T F? For realz? My mind is blown.

I'm sure the Canadian version is much better! I always see 'Amazing Race' commercials for Canada, the locations look cool, but the host drives me nuts in the commercials he seems so corny.

Right?

And why? She was good looking! Now she looks alien.

I know!!! I have it on pause cuz I'm just sitting here looking at her before and now. Who is this? Why she do this to herself? Also, only 5 minutes into the show, but her BF seems creepy, he probably cheats b4 the season is over!

I know!!! I have it on pause cuz I'm just sitting here looking at her before and now. Who is this? Why she do this to herself? Also, only 5 minutes into the show, but her BF seems creepy, he probably cheats b4 the season is over!
They're married actually.

It's live? I don't get it. How????? It's only on an hour a week, no???? W T F? For realz? My mind is blown.

I'm sure the Canadian version is much better! I always see 'Amazing Race' commercials for Canada, the locations look cool, but the host drives me nuts in the commercials he seems so corny.
Live show is only once a week(two other edited shows as well) but they have live feeds available 24 hours a day. You can turn on the feeds at 3 in the morning if you want and see what these people are doing. Good if you like to be spoiled as you can find out results of competitions before they air on tv.

Turbo is full on crazy. I truly would be scared to sleep in the same room as him.
He was picking fights with people throughout the episode. He almost made Devin cry.
I hated him before and now it's 10x worse. Josh used to be most hated then it moved to Fessy and now it's back to Turbo by a good amount. They should probably just keep messing with him because he's incapable of taking a joke without blowing up. It's not even entertaining, it's just annoying what a shitbag he is.

I hated him before and now it's 10x worse. Josh used to be most hated then it moved to Fessy and now it's back to Turbo by a good amount. They should probably just keep messing with him because he's incapable of taking a joke without blowing up. It's not even entertaining, it's just annoying what a shitbag he is.
He's had an extremely bizarre arc, for sure.

It's a good thing that Bananas is on the show because, without him, they're a little light on star power. Some of the regulars didn't show up this season - CT, Wes, Kyle, Josh.
They should bring back some of those Brits from War of the Worlds. Not pervy Bear but there were some solid personalities that season.
I think the All Stars shows are skimming off some of the talent.

I liked the first episode overall. So many delusional rookies.

I am not a fan of Kailah at all. Or her blowhard husband.
She's only 29 but there's some rough mileage on that chassis.

They are SUPER light on heavy hitters.
Weirdly, they haven't focused on Feszy at all.

Turbo is nuts. You see Ep2 yet?

They are SUPER light on heavy hitters.
Weirdly, they haven't focused on Feszy at all.

Turbo is nuts. You see Ep2 yet?
Ha, yeah, I saw it.

I kinda thought Turbo was doing an act this season.
But, no, he really is insane.
Nany was pretty courageous there. There was a chance he could go crazy and hurt her.

Ha, yeah, I saw it.

Nany was pretty courageous there. There was a chance he could go crazy and hurt her.

The, "no, you sit down" part had me rolling. I will say, he totally blew Nany's mind for a moment with that one.

Ha, yeah, I saw it.

I don't think Turbo would ever to do anything to Nany. He cares about her, he's just completely incapable of showing it in a normal human way anymore.

Re: Fessy, anyone notice they're referring to him as Faysal this season? I'm kind of intrigued by this, since for show purposes they're characters as much as people, and Fessy is an established character at this point. It's like a weird rebrand. Maybe to be more inclusive of people's given names?

I don't think Turbo would ever to do anything to Nany. He cares about her, he's just completely incapable of showing it in a normal human way anymore.

Re: Fessy, anyone notice they're referring to him as Faysal this season? I'm kind of intrigued by this, since for show purposes they're characters as much as people, and Fessy is an established character at this point. It's like a weird rebrand. Maybe to be more inclusive of people's given names?
I think he has stated that he started The Challenge as ‘Fessy’ because it’s easier to pronounce but after all these years, he feels like people should be able to use his real name correctly.

But he also apparently has a fitness app named Fessy Fitness. So he’s not giving it up completely.

Maybe he just doesn’t want MTV people calling him Messy Fessy.

I think he has stated that he started The Challenge as ‘Fessy’ because it’s easier to pronounce but after all these years, he feels like people should be able to use his real name correctly.

But he also apparently has a fitness app named Fessy Fitness. So he’s not giving it up completely.

Maybe he just doesn’t want MTV people calling him Messy Fessy.

He explains in episode 3 - it's like they heard you two and decided to explain!

Everyone watch the new episode?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom