Why don't we have a thread for The Challenge? | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Why don't we have a thread for The Challenge?

Ok I'm only just barely into this episode but Karma Chameleon queued up on Fessy might be one of the most satisfying moments in Challenge History.

Whoever pulled that deserves an award.
This season was by far the best soundtrack they've ever had IMO. When they broke out Get Down On It last night, I melted. One of my favorite songs ever.

All in all, this was one of the better seasons we've had recently IMO. I'm going to miss Leroy a lot assuming he's actually done with it.

Sounds like next season will feature a lot of people from Survivor, one of the lamer people from The Circle (fun short Netflix binge if you haven't seen it), and the return of crazy freckled Amanda.

This season was by far the best soundtrack they've ever had IMO. When they broke out Get Down On It last night, I melted. One of my favorite songs ever.

All in all, this was one of the better seasons we've had recently IMO. I'm going to miss Leroy a lot assuming he's actually done with it.

Sounds like next season will feature a lot of people from Survivor, one of the lamer people from The Circle (fun short Netflix binge if you haven't seen it), and the return of crazy freckled Amanda.
I like crazy Amanda. That's exactly the kind of person the show needs.

What's weird about this season is they had brand new challengers that on paper seemed like they could be really interesting (Lolo, the wrestler dude, Nam) and they were just all duds, and then Amber was this quiet, under the radar rookie, and she came through when it counted,elimination and the final.

What's weird about this season is they had brand new challengers that on paper seemed like they could be really interesting (Lolo, the wrestler dude, Nam) and they were just all duds, and then Amber was this quiet, under the radar rookie, and she came through when it counted,elimination and the final.
I totally forgot the wrestler dude existed and had to think on it for awhile to remember which one that was lol. I'm still Team Nam all the way though; Beastmaster is one of the best shows on Netflix.

I'm in favor of whoever dilutes the impact (in other words, the loud, arrogant stupidity) of the Big Brother people. Amber B gets the pass.
It looks like next season is going to include Josh, Fessy, and Kaycee.

I totally forgot the wrestler dude existed and had to think on it for awhile to remember which one that was lol. I'm still Team Nam all the way though; Beastmaster is one of the best shows on Netflix.
Yeah, it would be good to see how Nam works when he's not with Lolo.

Well, another season done.
Not a big surprise that Amber and CT won. The advantages that they earned early in the Final led to so many other advantages that they had a huge lead. When they briefly lost the trail, I bet it was actually much less significant than how it appeared on tv.

I thought that too. I also felt like CT may have just tossed himself out the boat at one point? That didn't look right.

I thought the final round was going to give them no advantage, and I thought that was unfair. Then they said FIVE MINUTES, and I was like......WHOAH, that seems unfair.

Other than Fessy and Kayce, the rest of the competitors are mostly likeable. I would have been fine with any of them winning. I like Kam so I'm happy that she got a chunk of money.

- I can't get past how nice TJ was to Fessy. In a soft voice, 'Do you want to continue or no? You need to hurry.' What the hell?

I didn't even have much hate left for Corey by the end - maybe because he wasn't just bro'ing out with Fessy and was making fun of him instead.

All very likable - still, some of the people like Kam, irritate me some seasons, and other seasons I like them.

I usually like LeeRoy, but this season I didn't, but then at the end I wanted him to win sooooooooo bad. Kinda funny how it all goes around.

Always hate Fessy though. I think Kaycee likely felt so GUILTY about her leg that she taking it all on herself and just wanted to apologize over and over regardless of how lame and useless Fessy is.

That being said, I was also dismayed by TJ babying him......

I was really glad that when Amber had the chance to switch partners she stuck with CT, and then CT returned the favor. Had Leroy and Kasey stuck together I think they could have won the final though.

Cory dumping on Fessy in the confessional may have been his greatest Challenge moment. That was hilarious. That said, I don't know what they do with Fessy. He's a terrible villain. The way he talks is hilarious, when he was saying "I was in first at the top of mountain and looked back and see Kasey was hurt,' I mean... the dude just does not get it. And he's burned a bunch of bridges.

I'm actually looking forward to the recap show next week.

Fact. He occasionally provides some entertainment. He may be better in a season with no Big Brother bros. Not sure.

The recap should be good - seems like CT and Fessy may get into it. Who knows.

I really didn't know if CT would switch or not - good drama there. Glad he stuck with her, although he kinda figured it was a run at that point, so no reason to switch.

I know. I think Leroy should have toned down the "this is my LAST ever." Everyone comes back. Plus, your girl is in it - you'll be back.

You got a montage though - best not come back after getting the montage!

j/k - i'd take him back

I probably should have watched the POTUS's speech last night instead of the first reunion episode.
Instead, I watched a pretty slow 90-minute episode of The Challenge. The kicker is there is still another 90 minutes left.

I was surprised that Fessy didn't receive more shaming from the others. He definitely didn't show any responsibility for anything. And Kaycee didn't have any problem with him either. Those BB people are rubes.
Amber M has a bit of an anger management issue. She'll probably be invited back to compete solely because of her attitude.
Aneesa and Tori need to learn how to sit in a chair. They are relatively entertaining, though.

I probably should have watched the POTUS's speech last night instead of the first reunion episode.
Instead, I watched a pretty slow 90-minute episode of The Challenge. The kicker is there is still another 90 minutes left.

I was surprised that Fessy didn't receive more shaming from the others. He definitely didn't show any responsibility for anything. And Kaycee didn't have any problem with him either. Those BB people are rubes.
Amber M has a bit of an anger management issue. She'll probably be invited back to compete solely because of her attitude.
Aneesa and Tori need to learn how to sit in a chair. They are relatively entertaining, though.
Yeah the chair posture thing was... weird.

Also, Amber M cleans up a whole lot better than expected.

I think they edited some stuff to not just completely bury Fessy. You can tell by how some people respond to him that the other cast members think he's a dweeb.

I thought it was a nice moment when Nany talked about how good Kam was for Leroy.

Devin's like a 6th man of the year kind of competitor. He's not the best but he thoroughly understands his role and how to execute it.

This made me laugh out loud :) I wouldn't have thought to mention it, but YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Yeah the chair posture thing was... weird.

Also, Amber M cleans up a whole lot better than expected.

I think they edited some stuff to not just completely bury Fessy. You can tell by how some people respond to him that the other cast members think he's a dweeb.

I thought it was a nice moment when Nany talked about how good Kam was for Leroy.

Devin's like a 6th man of the year kind of competitor. He's not the best but he thoroughly understands his role and how to execute it.

Fessy and Josh....I really just couldn't dislike two competitors more. At least be entertaining. That "half-a-man comment" was so random, he's such a passive aggressive twit. Own something, who *** talks like this??? Is he bad at everything?

More shots of Amber B's legs would be nice.

Ashley is just so bat**** crazy that I'm never sure what to make of it.

I think next episode is where the Fessy drama starts. Although I think he is such a boring, stupid narcissist that he just keeps insisting he's the best and would have won, if......

Devin is much needed - he should just host. It's also funny that he went on vacation with Josh. lol

CT and Big T had a nice moment.
LeeRoy and Kam did as well.
Lots of sweetness in this ep, hopefully the fireworks follow.

Torii broke up with one-handed Jordan? Jordan vs. CT would be an interesting fight....they seem like two people that would fight to the death in a gauntlet (even if the challenge was supposed to be solving a puzzle)

The Hillls is coming back now too? MTV pulling everything out of the garbage bin.

Fessy sucks at apologizing.

He will eventually admit he's a POS but he doesn't inspire any loyalty. Which isn't a great strategy in this game show.

I'm not sure what is a worse look for Jay - backward baseball cap or no hat at all exposing his messy-ass clown hair.

[It's the end of the season and I'm drinking tonight (it's been a long, long day) so I'll be commenting tonight]

I've never seen The Hills but I'm pretty sure the people on that show were and still are crappy rich people.

Gonna miss Leroy.
Dude has so much heart.

I think I'm going to get the Paramount+ subscription to watch the old Challenge seasons.

Digging this thread out of the grave.

I got a Paramount+ subscription and watched the first episode of The Challenge: All Stars.
Some of the competitors are in good (or even excellent) shape but most of them look turrible.

Not necessarily 'old' terrible; more like, 'Popeye's and White Claw are a cornerstone of my diet' terrible.

Most of them can't lift their own bodies.

Last edited:
Digging this thread out of the grave.

I got a Paramount+ subscription and watched the first episode of The Challenge: All Stars.
Some of the competitors are in good (or even excellent) shape but most of them look turrible.

Not necessarily 'old' terrible; more like, 'Popeye's and White Claw are a cornerstone of my diet' terrible.

Most of them can't lift their own bodies.

I shudder to think what Beth from Real World 2 (Los Angeles 1993) looks like now.

I shudder to think what Beth from Real World 2 (Los Angeles 1993) looks like now.

She actually looks about the same, I think (which isn't good).
The worst offenders are Jisela and Jonna.

BTW, if people get flabby in their older years, I don't think it's shameful. I'm kind of flabby and I've passed the midpoint of my life.

If you're going to go on a highly-publicized national program to physically complete for $500,000, get in shape for f's sake. I think some people went on the show because they wanted to have a reunion and drink with old friends.

I think some people went on the show because they wanted to have a reunion and drink with old friends.
I submit that this means the show went back to it's roots.

I submit that this means the show went back to it's roots.
Well I think the roots also included sexism and misogyny. (Google ‘Tanya, Kenny, Evan’)
That element is missing from this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom