Why don't we have a thread for The Challenge? | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Why don't we have a thread for The Challenge?

200.gif

Alright, decided to reactivate my YouTubeTV because a bunch of our shows are coming back including The Challenge.

Looks like there are a lot of really interesting new faces, and the vets don't really give off a powerhouse aura to start. There are some definite shiz stirrers, that's needed. I also like the US and international splits. Lots of different ways for rivalries to emerge. We need dumb conflicts.

Thrilled that Amanda is on this season. She's going to make things happen. Also, the Amanda that won last season was definitely in the trailer, so she must be a replacement player that comes in at some point.

Alright, decided to reactivate my YouTubeTV because a bunch of our shows are coming back including The Challenge.

Looks like there are a lot of really interesting new faces, and the vets don't really give off a powerhouse aura to start. There are some definite shiz stirrers, that's needed. I also like the US and international splits. Lots of different ways for rivalries to emerge. We need dumb conflicts.

Thrilled that Amanda is on this season. She's going to make things happen. Also, the Amanda that won last season was definitely in the trailer, so she must be a replacement player that comes in at some point.
There was a COVID positive case during filming. I’m guessing there will be a few replacements

I ended up getting a Paramount+ subscription and I watched a ton of old seasons since the end of last season.
I’ve seen a lot of getting drunk, stupid fights, and manufactured outrage. Maybe too much for a normal human brain.

The show has definitely gotten more hard nosed and serious than the early seasons. Those early scenes were really about partying with your friends and wimpy challenges. There were a group of people in good shape (Derrick, Alton, Darrell) but there’s a night and day difference in collective overall fitness between early seasons and current.
The producers have definitely put in a lot of effort to turn this into a tremendously better product.

Also, Nany and Cory are both hoes.

I ended up getting a Paramount+ subscription and I watched a ton of old seasons since the end of last season.
I’ve seen a lot of getting drunk, stupid fights, and manufactured outrage. Maybe too much for a normal human brain.

The show has definitely gotten more hard nosed and serious than the early seasons. Those early scenes were really about partying with your friends and wimpy challenges. There were a group of people in good shape (Derrick, Alton, Darrell) but there’s a night and day difference in collective overall fitness between early seasons and current.
The producers have definitely put in a lot of effort to turn this into a tremendously better product.

Also, Nany and Cory are both hoes.
I'd totally fall for Nany if I was on the show. And younger. And single. And worth having on tv. Aside from that, 100%.

I liked some of the old challenge events. I remember one where they had to run on stilts to an orange tree, pick oranges, and then squeeze the juice out of the oranges up to a line on the cup. It was oddly compelling. Pretty creative. I like the ones where there's no obvious physical advantage and someone can pull a fluke win.

One of my favorite old events was a battle of the ex's season where the teams ran on the beach in wedding attire. That event was won by CT and Diem (RIP).

Why would anyone want to hook up with Ashley?
She is totally and completely nuts.
And it takes about 30 seconds after meeting her to see that.

I'd totally fall for Nany if I was on the show. And younger. And single. And worth having on tv. Aside from that, 100%.

I liked some of the old challenge events. I remember one where they had to run on stilts to an orange tree, pick oranges, and then squeeze the juice out of the oranges up to a line on the cup. It was oddly compelling. Pretty creative. I like the ones where there's no obvious physical advantage and someone can pull a fluke win.
Nany was a bartender on Chippewa in Buffalo for a longggg time. She's not ugly.

Just caught up on the season. It's been fun so far.

But there's no bottom to how much Fessy sucks.

I get the idea of trying to cut out someone who may be after you, but going after Amber B. is a late season move.

I get the idea of trying to cut out someone who may be after you, but going after Amber B. is a late season move.
Fessy plays a scared game.

While I hated the move, he played getting the big English dude out of the game really smart.

But yeah, breaking both the vet alliance and the big brother alliance this early made absolutely zero sense.

'Fessy is Messy' is pretty weak. Why resort to rhymes when you can just call him a little b*tch?

On the other hand, Josh is getting an enormous ego this season and needs to get knocked down a few pegs. I'm sure he'll self-destruct.

CT has been strangely quiet this season. Cory L hasn't been too loud either. I guess there are so many new people that several of the regulars haven't been featured as much. MTV needs to build their stable of future competitors.

'Fessy is Messy' is pretty weak. Why resort to rhymes when you can just call him a little b*tch?

On the other hand, Josh is getting an enormous ego this season and needs to get knocked down a few pegs. I'm sure he'll self-destruct.

CT has been strangely quiet this season. Cory L hasn't been too loud either. I guess there are so many new people that several of the regulars haven't been featured as much. MTV needs to build their stable of future competitors.
Yeah this feels like the classic "CT flys under the radar all season and then pulls out the win" type of season.

I do like some of the new cast members. They seem like the right kind of crazy.

Also, yeah, I can't really root for Josh, but I can root for him screwing with Fessy.

This is the first season where I'm really thankful for Josh. Him going off on Messy Fessy (really lame) was necesary.

How did Kyle's teeth get even more white?

I keep thinking Corey L's name is Coriel. LOL

Nam just showed up and left? Did he just take the free breakfast and run? I missed something.

Emy is just the right kinda crazy - they need to get her partnered with TURBO!! I like the Emanuel tatt'd guy as well. He's also the right kind of weird.

Like Berna, hate Bettina. I don't like looking at her.

I never thought I could find anyone as intolerable as Josh...and then I met Hughie. What's wrong with him? He really should be in a psych ward. He's not a stable functioning human.

Also, that last final sucked...move the thing down the monkey bars with keys. It's not fun at all, or interesting. I would take OiG's orange challenge over that any day.

I think what happened with Nam was that the filming was delayed due to unexpected COVID spread and by the time they could get the season started, it was conflicting with some of Nam’s prior commitments.

I think what happened with Nam was that the filming was delayed due to unexpected COVID spread and by the time they could get the season started, it was conflicting with some of Nam’s prior commitments.
Yeah, didn't they have to pause shooting for a little while at one point?

Gabo wasn't long for this game. The big dumb party animals rarely are. Kinda liked the dude though.

Kaycee sucks too. The circles she runs around Fessy playing a scared game is nuts.

What's the story with Priscilla. Is she another Amber B, ie, cast member that's definitely not ugly and just kind of hangs in the background.

Father time is undefeated Aneesa, may be time to hang it up.

I'm getting a little worried that the game may be too bear bones this season. The skull incentive had issues, but it made the political, or polidickal game a lot different. Now it's just back to stay out of the elimination. Plus, having only a single winning duo making elimination decisions seems to take a lot of intrigue out of the game. Maybe the tribunal set up spoiled me.

We're still to the point where there are too many competitors to do justice to everyone, but I'm surprised that some of the drama builders like Amanda and Devin haven't done a whole lot other than give some funny lines in confessional. Devin's line about the cast not being able to divide by 2 was classic.

OK, finally watched this episode.

If you have watched even one season of this show, you should understand that you never volunteer to go into the gauntlet or killing floor or whatever they're calling it. Johnny Bananas would never ever ever go into the elimination event unless he had no choice; he would go full-on weasel to avoid it.
These rookies are making obviously bad decisions.

I like Aneesa and she's probably physically stronger than most of the females but she needs to retire.
If you're going on a physical competition and you're carrying a lot of extra weight, you're not going to go far.

I think this was the first episode this season that included a bunch of scenes with CT and Kyle.
You are right, OiG - with so many competitors, there's not enough time to include everyone's drama.
Well, unless you're Hughie or Josh. Hughie might be worse than Josh.
We're at least five episodes in and there are still way too many competitors.

Farewell, Gabo. Lots of muscles; very little brains.
I don't see any of these rookies going far except maybe Esther and maybe Emanuel.

One final note: These Europeans are defying all stereotypes about having bad teeth. Instead, they all have shockingly white teeth.
Kyle is not an anomaly.

Ohhhh, TJ is coming to the house.

Thank God for a little drama...maybe TJ is gonna force a Hall Brawl on Fessy and Josh!

A lot of the challenges they do now seem more exciting, likely for the Challengers as well, but they're pretty boring to watch. They need to go back to the basics.

‘Little drama’ is accurate.
Fessy pushed Josh’s face. It’s not like he punched him.

Fessy is a tool but he is actually 100x better than Josh. Josh is the reason why therapists drive BMW SUVs. He is crazier than a shithouse rat. Even by MTV standards he is a constant emotional meltdown.

Also (SPOILERS AHEAD)
- I bet TJ actually works, at most, five hours every three days.
- I like Emanuel. I think he’s going to make it to the end.

- Esther is really smart and tough. If Fessy didn’t mess up, she would have gone far this season.
- if I’m CT, I wouldn’t want to be partners with Emy. She seems like a Romanian Josh.
- I listened to a few episodes of Tori and Aneesa’s Challenge podcast. Dullsville.

Fessy is a tool but he is actually 100x better than Josh. Josh is the reason why therapists drive BMW SUVs. He is crazier than a shithouse rat. Even by MTV standards he is a constant emotional meltdown.

Also (SPOILERS AHEAD)
- I bet TJ actually works, at most, five hours every three days.
- I like Emanuel. I think he’s going to make it to the end.

- Esther is really smart and tough. If Fessy didn’t mess up, she would have gone far this season.
- if I’m CT, I wouldn’t want to be partners with Emy. She seems like a Romanian Josh.
- I listened to a few episodes of Tori and Aneesa’s Challenge podcast. Dullsville.
Cracks me up how horribly that worked out for Josh. Fights with his primary alliance, loses his primary alliance, then also loses his hook up.

Also, that's got to be satisfying for Corey to have gotten things to escalate to the point where Fessy got tossed after the way Fessy has always been the first to throw a double cross and did Nelson dirty.

It doesn't make much sense to me why some people seem to really hate Amber. Must be something else that happens at the house. Even as a returning champ it seems like she's just kinda there.

I was thinking, I wish they introduced the occasional prize for winning an event. I always enjoy the random "you get to invite 4 other players to a Burger King feast, and win a $500 Burger King gift card" prize.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom