Why the short leash with Howard? | Syracusefan.com

Why the short leash with Howard?

iommi

Living Legend
I don't get it. The kid is coming off illness. He is our only real chance on the roster to mold a guy into a point guard for next year. Point guard is an area of need, to say the very least.

So here we are, playing an awful BC team. Howard commits a turnover. (He travelled.). Then JB yanks him and reads him the riot act. I'm sure something else with Howard set JB off. That being said, why not let the kid play through his mistakes. He needs court time. Then after BC cuts the lead to seven, we immediately get it back to a big lead. Howard doesn't come in until the under 5:00.

Stupid. If ever there was an SU team to have a small doghouse, it is this SU team. Kaleb is obviously a permanent member of the doghouse. Did he really need a roommate?

Howard pissed jb off for not stealing that ball/lazily going after it at the end of the first half. He got benched for it

kind of an odd thread, FH got plenty of run tonight especially in the 1st half... looking to me like he's still getting back physically after the illness

kind of an odd thread, FH got plenty of run tonight especially in the 1st half... looking to me like he's still getting back physically after the illness

Odd threads have been my specialty lately.:p

Howard was clearly in the doghouse tonite after JB yanked him with a few minutes left in the first half. He should've played a huge chunk of the second half. He needs the court time, as I said. This team is going nowhere this year, so why not help the kid get better for next year. If JB wanted to yank him to make a teaching point, fine, take him out. But then put him back in and give him more minutes after half time...not just garbage time minutes.

Last edited:
Its' not the orthodox teaching/coaching methods we think about

its' perform or sit

been that way a long time.

works sometimes

Must've been some "defensive mistake". Meanwhile _______ makes ones that cost us games and still plays 40 and never gets yelled at. Whatever.

No, it was a bad turnover tonight.

Odd threads have been my specialty lately.:p

Howard was clearly in the doghouse tonite after JB yanked him with a few minutes left in the first half. He should've played a huge chunk of the second half. He needs the court time, as I said. This team is going nowhere this year, so why not help the kid get better for next year. If JB wanted to yank him to make a teaching point, fine, take him out. But then put him back in and give him more minutes after half time...not just garbage time minutes.

Nonsense - one of the two things this team does not need is a PG or depth at that position.

It's going to take time for Howard to come into his own.

He was a combo guard in high school and wasn't a sure fire prospect. He requires patience.

JB should understand that.

jgeorge322 said:
True but he has pg skills.

I think he has more PG skills than many give him credit for. Very good passer, but he needs to learn to take a little zip off some of his passes.

He'll be fine if JB is patient with him. But you know where that's going.

I think he has more PG skills than many give him credit for. Very good passer, but he needs to learn to take a little zip off some of his passes.

Not as much zip as that one Richardson fired off 20 rows deep in the first half. :)

Wrong. He almost had a steal/shouldve had it/and lazily let it go out of bounds.

Wrong. First was the lazy play, then the turnover, THEN the hook.

It is tough to be hard on Howard given his illness--and who honestly knows where he is in terms of recovery. Must suck to play sans energy.

But tonight he played 14 minutes or 30% of the game. Solid run for a reserve. We'll need him down the stretch.

But I think that anyone expecting him to get lots of developmental PT is bound to be disappointed. He'll get his feet wet this year, gain some game experience, and then it will be up to him to work hard in the offseason and build upon the exposure he got this year, and to come back next year having made the sophomore jump.

Pulling for this kid--he was my favorite recruit in the class of 2015.

Who threw the ball into the 15th row? I ask because I don't remember.

Not as much zip as that one Richardson fired off 20 rows deep in the first half. :)

I heard Malachi took out a Dome Dog vendor in row 11.

I keed. I keed. (use Triumph the Insult Comic Dog's voice).

But yeah, the pass sucked. As an aside, I said in the chat room, Malachi either makes an awesome pass, or an awful pass. Rarely does he make just an average pass.

Who threw the ball into the 15th row? I ask because I don't remember.

Malachi, if I recall correctly.

Had a guy open, just got a little to enthusiastic with the dish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom