Wildhack Presser 10 AM Monday | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack Presser 10 AM Monday

Wouldn’t this be disingenuous and transparent, though? If a commitment doesn’t equate to any real financial stakes, then it’s not a commitment. It’d be an illusion that would be easily dismissed by our competition on the recruiting trail.
This is a private school. What occurs between Dino and University can remain confidential. Announcing an extension is good optics for recruits, assistant coaches etc. It’s actually a favor to Dino because it shows support even though no additional increase to comp/buyout occurs.

This is a private school. What occurs between Dino and University can remain confidential. Announcing an extension is good optics for recruits, assistant coaches etc. It’s actually a favor to Dino because it shows support even though no additional increase to comp/buyout occurs.
I get the confidentiality, it just seems like it’d ring hollow. People aren’t stupid, they know Dino is likely on the hottest of seats. Optics are only good if they are believable. Who is going to believe that Dino is unquestionably the long terms coach here?

Nah, there's no way we're making that many changes.
Agree.
And what's with the whole "presumably under HC Dino Babers" stuff?
If he was gone, that would've been announced first, right? Right? :confused:

Confused Kevin James GIF by TV Land

I get the confidentiality, it just seems like it’d ring hollow. People aren’t stupid, they know Dino is likely on the hottest of seats. Optics are only good if they are believable. Who is going to believe that Dino is unquestionably the long terms coach here?

I wonder how much the portal and no-wait transfers make committing to a coach on the hot seat easier now? You can always say to yourself that if things don't work out for the guy you committed to, you can leave and not lose any eligibility like you might have in the past.

I wonder how much the portal and no-wait transfers make committing to a coach on the hot seat easier now? You can always say to yourself that if things don't work out for the guy you committed to, you can leave and not lose any eligibility like you might have in the past.
That a good point.

I was just thinking….and probably reading too much into anything…

But he says White and Schmidt are retained

Does explicitly say anything about Dino? I would be SHOCKED, absolutely SHOCKED if he was fired…but as pointed out, kind of odd that Dino isn’t mentioned to be at the presser with JW…like I said, probably over reading into it but things that make you go…… hmmmmm…..

This

Does explicitly say anything about Dino? I would be SHOCKED, absolutely SHOCKED if he was fired…but as pointed out, kind of odd that Dino isn’t mentioned to be at the presser with JW…like I said, probably over reading into it but things that make you go…… hmmmmm…..

I had the same thought but I’m sure it’s just hoping that’s what happened but knowing it’s not.

This

I had the same thought but I’m sure it’s just hoping that’s what happened but knowing it’s not.

The only thing I could think of is the reason why you see so many assistants with question marks over them….and you don’t say anything because you want a meeting with all of the players tonight with DB and then announce it public tomorrow because I do think Dino would deserve that.

Like I said, probably more hoping because I just don’t think JW wants to spend the money on the buyout…

The only thing I could think of is the reason why you see so many assistants with question marks over them….and you don’t say anything because you want a meeting with all of the players tonight with DB and then announce it public tomorrow because I do think Dino would deserve that.

Like I said, probably more hoping because I just don’t think JW wants to spend the money on the buyout…

No don't think so. Their press release had Dino comment on the firing of the three assistants. Seems kind of cruel to get his comment on their firing and then fire him. That's a low class move.

I know he’s coming back. We’ll have an exceptionally poor recruiting year and set any future coach up for an almost impossible task with the incredible lack of depth.

No don't think so. Their press release had Dino comment on the firing of the three assistants. Seems kind of cruel to get his comment on their firing and then fire him. That's a low class move that I hope the SU AD would not stoop to.

Hey, I’m just over here trying to start a conspiracy theory :p

I know he’s coming back. We’ll have an exceptionally poor recruiting year and set any future coach up for an almost impossible task with the incredible lack of depth.

We already have

And the recruits that we hosted yesterday………looking size wise….yikes compared to what we were pulling in previously….

Hey people keep talking about the murderers' row sked next year. Why subject a first year coach to it? Better to set him up for success than sandbag his recruiting efforts going forward. Just saying.

Yes, you’re reading too much into it.
You don’t fire assistants, and then fire the HC.
Therefore, HCDB will continue to be HC for the foreseeable future.

Solid point.

Seems incredible weird that SU announced two assistants were returning (but not anyone else.)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom