Wildhack pull the trigger Monday or after the Pitt game?? | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack pull the trigger Monday or after the Pitt game??

You are probably right.

I would point out some negatives:
  • Half-full f'ball dome games after facilities renovations complete
  • Asleep at the wheel for the women's b-ball fiasco
  • Poor handling of the LAX scandal Desko/Scanlon
As you state, big money is 80% of his job and only the 1st point falls into that category - and that's tied to resurrecting the football program and the wheels currently spinning in the mud (Babers vs. new hire).

Plenty of other negatives as well. Our sports overall have gone down. We are not having as much success. The new facilities will help but that isn't the only issue. The Hop/JB situation was handled poorly. The Desko situation was handled poorly. The #44 situation has been handled poorly. I think the football scheduling has been poor. If this was TGD doing all of these things most of the board would want him gone.

I think we all agree that Dino says all the right things and presents himself in an exemplary manner. However, he is being paid largely to lead the team to wins and by any metric has not been successful. Time to move on--I've seen enough. The bottom line: he's a nice guy but not a good coach.

I said whiz kids, think Chip Kelly at UNH. Young coaches with SU as their first HC job. Babers was over 50 when SU hired him.
If Chip Kelly was available? He might be decent in terms of recruiting. Still has ties to the area, knows Northeast recruiting, , a New England home etc... He's plucked a few Northeastern kids for UCLA, including a 4 star QB we were after.

Ed O has baggage packed as high as the ceiling in my house. He’s never coming here lol
don’t care about baggage. I want a recruiter and he just won a championship.

Heh win at all costs I get it. But you don’t want his stuff….
No to Ed O. I loved Orgeron forever but something’s are just a shot of heroin. That’s one of them. Our program needs to be put on a diet, needs exercise and needs a new job. It doesn’t need a quick fix

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom