Wildhack / Sala Presser | Sept 8 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack / Sala Presser | Sept 8

Facebook, i hope the light is going on about social media. Worst people in the world spouting the worst poison.
Completely agree, majority of people on that platform are scouring for something to complain about to make them
Forget about there mediocre lives

i don’t remember, is yankee stadium and met life indoors or outdoors?
i dont remember are much smaller venues like MSG and Arthur Ashe Stadium indoors or outdoors??

i didnt bother to bring up places that get 20-25k...like the Dome...where we dont need masks.

the hallways and bathrooms in the large Stadiums down here miraculously have a roof too.

is the roof in the Dome now lower?

in a cavernous place like that, and i would guess with brand new air filtration and purifying systems...unless they bought used ones...like maybe the old ones in the Garden...then it shouldnt be an issue.

tests for kids...hysterical.

goddamn communists.

Last edited:
i dont remember are much smaller venues like MSG and Arthur Ashe Stadium indoors or outdoors??

i didnt bother to bring up places that get 20-25k...like the Dome...where we dont need masks.

the hallways and bathrooms in the large Stadiums down here miraculously have a roof too.

is the roof in the Dome now lower?

in a cavernous place like that, and i would guess with brand new air filtration and purifying systems...unless they bought used ones...like maybe the old ones in the Garden...then it shouldnt be an issue.

tests for kids...hysterical.

goddamn communists.

you might want to check the msg website which is current as of last Thursday. Almost the exact same protocols as the dome except vaccinated do not need to wear a mask. Unvaxed do. And kids have to have a negative test.

you might want to check the msg website which is current as of last Thursday. Almost the exact same protocols as the dome except vaccinated do not need to wear a mask. Unvaxed do. And kids have to have a negative test.

So if one doesn’t have to wear a mask at MSG with a vax (which is fine by me) it’s completely different than the Dome unless I am missing something?

The whole eating / drinking / mask combo is just in conflict with itself IMO.

So if one doesn’t have to wear a mask at MSG with a vax (which is fine by me) it’s completely different than the Dome unless I am missing something?

that’s what I said was different. Have to show vaccination. If not vaccinated have to wear a mask inside. Kids have to show neg test and wear masks. Kaiser acted like there were no protocols.

that’s what I said was different. Have to show vaccination. If not vaccinated have to wear a mask inside. Kids have to show neg test and wear masks. Kaiser acted like there were no protocols.

I don’t think there are protocols in the outside places and the inside places don’t make people double up. But he’s a terrible writer so dunno :)

‘if vaccinated people in a room full of other vaccinated people or those that test negative are at such risk, they should just not have anyone in the stands if it’s that bad.

and don’t give me that bs that cloth masks are the line of defense that makes all the difference

again you want to wear a mask because you believe you are still unsafe, put on an n95 and have at it.

‘if vaccinated people in a room full of other vaccinated people or those that test negative are at such risk, they should just not have anyone in the stands if it’s that bad.

and don’t give me that bs that cloth masks are the line of defense that makes all the difference

again you want to wear a mask because you believe you are still unsafe, put on an n95 and have at it.

Yep.

Facebook, i hope the light is going on about social media. Worst people in the world spouting the worst poison.
Facebook is the devil. I do a lot of analytical work relating to social media and the engagement/spread of information (very often false or misleading) on that platform is second to none. Stories from obscure outlets can easily spread and get lots of engagement based on the algorithms.

For better or worse, most of the info that spreads fast is very conservative in nature (and we're not talking Fox News or what one would consider traditional conservative news outlets but daily caller, theblaze.com, etc.). The reality is the far right has been much more effective in pushing narratives on third party sites, often setting up fake sites that appear legitimate to spread certain positions. And they've leveraged FB very well. They sensationalize headlines and feed into what drives people to spread information.

there are no protocols at outside places, because apparently sitting next to people only makes you contagious and/or at risk, if there is a roof over your head.

there are no protocols at outside places, because apparently sitting next to people only makes you contagious and/or at risk, if there is a roof over your head.

huh? You said msg. It’s indoors.

It’s about having a policy. You know what policies are. If you don’t want to enforce them then don’t have them. Don’t require masks….fine. But don’t straddle the issue.

the issue is that no matter how cavalier many on this board are, there is zero chance that not one person in the dome is getting in without being sick. whether that spreads to any other person who knows.. But since you get the feeling here that maybe 10% of this board will bother to wear a mask that means the threat to many who go might have some risks goes up, no matter how small..

So many say so well dont go.. So now you are saying we have a method to lower the risk to everyone, but its more important that I dont have to wear mask than it is for helping make sure everyone stays safer.. thats the whole reason we are still having this issue 2 yrs out because not everyone is willing to make the small sacrifices and wearing a mask in a tight space for a few hrs is a small sacrifice.

the issue is that no matter how cavalier many on this board are, there is zero chance that not one person in the dome is getting in without being sick. whether that spreads to any other person who knows.. But since you get the feeling here that maybe 10% of this board will bother to wear a mask that means the threat to many who go might have some risks goes up, no matter how small..

So many say so well dont go.. So now you are saying we have a method to lower the risk to everyone, but its more important that I dont have to wear mask than it is for helping make sure everyone stays safer.. thats the whole reason we are still having this issue 2 yrs out because not everyone is willing to make the small sacrifices and wearing a mask in a tight space for a few hrs is a small sacrifice.

I’m not trying to be rude or a pain…but…if you’re that worried and think it’s such an issue…we shouldn’t have fans at all in the stands…attending a sporting event is 100% optional.

We aren’t having this issue 2 years out because people aren’t making “sacrifices”

People made sacrifices for the last year and half. The goal was to allow the hospitals to get to a manageable level. Not to eradicate COVID. COVID is an upper respiratory virus. Meaning it will constantly mutate and will likely be here forever.

We have gotten hospitalizations at a very manageable level due to vaccinations and also previous infections.

When places such as the Dome have mask mandates and then say they “won’t enforce it”…it’s very much all for theater for people who are still very concerned about Covid.

There is a reason why with cases rising you aren’t seeing any new restrictions or anything of that sort…..we have gotten COVID to a manageable level in the Northeast due to vaccinations.

Once again, if wearing a mask makes you feel safe…wear it. But in a crowd of 20-30k, wearing a mask for me isn’t what’s going to make me feel safe. The vaccine that I got, that’s what is going to make me feel safe…

And honestly at this point, I’m sick of worrying about people who didn’t get the vaccine….a majority of them have had the choice to get vaccinated and if they haven’t…that’s on them. I’m done protecting them, they’ve made the choice to not get the vaccine and risk getting a worse infection of COVID.

If you think 30,000 people sitting in a stadium, wearing cloth masks, pulling them down when eating and drinking is a method to lower risk, then go to the game.

If you don't, then don't.

Your 10% number is as bad as Bees 98% number. You guys are just throwing out extreme numbers to make your bad points look better.

And honestly at this point, I’m sick of worrying about people who didn’t get the vaccine….a majority of them have had the choice to get vaccinated and if they haven’t…that’s on them. I’m done protecting them, they’ve made the choice to not get the vaccine and risk getting a worse infection of COVID.

This is the correct answer. Without arguing whether it's my moral obligation to keep someone safe, the fact that many have decided against getting the vaccine should end anyone's moral obligation to do so. I know people who have flat out refused to get it (and you'd be surprised the political side of the fence they stand on), and have stated they will not get it. Ok, then don't expect me to "keep you safe". That's not my responsibility.

Taking my son to get tested today after school , could not do yesterday with work and evening activities … will I have my results before say Saturday at noon? I’d be so freaking mad if didn’t have it back by then and a devastated son

I’m not trying to be rude or a pain…but…if you’re that worried and think it’s such an issue…we shouldn’t have fans at all in the stands…attending a sporting event is 100% optional.

We aren’t having this issue 2 years out because people aren’t making “sacrifices”

People made sacrifices for the last year and half. The goal was to allow the hospitals to get to a manageable level. Not to eradicate COVID. COVID is an upper respiratory virus. Meaning it will constantly mutate and will likely be here forever.

We have gotten hospitalizations at a very manageable level due to vaccinations and also previous infections.

When places such as the Dome have mask mandates and then say they “won’t enforce it”…it’s very much all for theater for people who are still very concerned about Covid.

There is a reason why with cases rising you aren’t seeing any new restrictions or anything of that sort…..we have gotten COVID to a manageable level in the Northeast due to vaccinations.

Once again, if wearing a mask makes you feel safe…wear it. But in a crowd of 20-30k, wearing a mask for me isn’t what’s going to make me feel safe. The vaccine that I got, that’s what is going to make me feel safe…

It’s manageable everywhere In the US.

This is the correct answer. Without arguing whether it's my moral obligation to keep someone safe, the fact that many have decided against getting the vaccine should end anyone's moral obligation to do so. I know people who have flat out refused to get it (and you'd be surprised the political side of the fence they stand on), and have stated they will not get it. Ok, then don't expect me to "keep you safe". That's not my responsibility.
Your obligation begins and ends with if you know you are sick, stay home.

As the expression goes (paraphrase) "Your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins." Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Either way, you’re talking about an event with 30,000 people where they sell food and drinks and telling people they don’t have to wear masks while they eat and drink.

I just don’t know anyone who is worried about getting Covid that would read that and think “well at least they have safety protocols in place”

But I guess I don’t know everyone.
Ya, I know darn well many people will stay unmasked throughout the game. I am going to see what it is like where I sit. There are four younger guys behind us who are hilarious. They really enhance my enjoyment of the game. But if they’re not wearing masks and cheering the way they normally cheer . . Man. That’s going to be a lot of spit falling on me. Maybe an umbrella?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom