Wildhack speaks... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack speaks...

So hypothetically...how does the fan base react if Hop gets his team into the top ten within a couple of years, while looking like the hot new coach, and JB struggles to have a winning record in the same time frame? I imagine pitchforks and torches. This is certainly a possible scenario that could make the end of JB's tenure fairly ugly.

So hypothetically...how does the fan base react if Hop gets his team into the top ten within a couple of years, while looking like the hot new coach, and JB struggles to have a winning record in the same time frame? I imagine pitchforks and torches. This is certainly a possible scenario that could make the end of JB's tenure fairly ugly.

Well, one thing for certain that isn't hypothetical. Hop, with an absolute zero when it comes to a track record, let alone proven, has far more to prove than JB does.

Hard to imagine any louder whining then we are hearing right now after the brief NIT appearance.

Hard to imagine any louder whining then we are hearing right now after the brief NIT appearance.

Huh? What if he goes 13-19? It is certainly possible. He kept yapping yesterday about how he likes the pieces of this team, how excited he is to coach (I believe he said something like never been more looking forward), and basically said not to worry. Too much hype again, imo. He better recruit his ass of now as well since he seems to be banking on this 'recruits will come to Syracuse' mantra like we are some blue blood.

Last edited:
Huh? What if he goes 13-19? It is certainly possible. He kept yapping yesterday about how he likes the pieces of this team, how excited he is to coach (I believe he said something like never been more looking forward), and basically said not to worry. Too much hype again, imo. He better recruit his ass of now as well since he is banking on this 'recruits will come to Syracuse' mantra like we are some blue blood.

Well, don't take all that to the bank about next year's team. As this year has demonstrated, what you see and say pre-season might not stand up when they start playing.

I don't know the extent to which the fan base is mirrored by the posters here, but I hope it doesn't. This board is populated with non-stop whiners and complainers who seem to be convinced that they know more than JB.

And who don't think twice about calling the coach a liar.

That to me is incomprehensible. The guy who built the program says point blank several times that he was fully prepared to leave after enxt year, and the fans (?) substitute their own instincts or guesses or the opinions of hack reporters. Amazing.

That to me is incomprehensible. The guy who built the program says point blank several times that he was fully prepared to leave after enxt year, and the fans (?) substitute their own instincts or guesses or the opinions of hack reporters. Amazing.

So it's impossible that JB may say some things to protect his legacy and the program going forward?

You don't know, I don't know and maybe not many people know the real story if there is one.

All of this seems extremely off.

So it's impossible that JB may say some things to protect his legacy and the program going forward?

You don't know, I don't know and maybe not many people know the real story if there is one.

All of this seems extremely off.

Did you watch the presser? (Probably not.)

Did he equivocate of weasel-word or be anything but direct and blunt? He repeated his main points over and over again and Wildhack backed him up.

He's telling the truth and he always has.

Conspiracy theories are for those who don't know shxt.

Weaker conference, more guaranteed money, less pressure to match predecessor, and the big elephant in the room...

What if Syracuse isn't really an attractive program? People are assuming that Syracuse is a better job than Washington. But is it?
Your last question is just silly. SU is heads and tails above Washington and they can't even be mentioned in the same breath. They're not even a serious program in the P12.

Did you watch the presser? (Probably not.)

Did he equivocate of weasel-word or be anything but direct and blunt? He repeated his main points over and over again and Wildhack backed him up.

He's telling the truth and he always has.

Conspiracy theories are for those who don't know shxt.

Yes I did watch it and to be honest he looked like a kid pleading his case trying to convince people of what he's saying.

Tells me JB wants to continue coaching and Hop knew it. Hop wanted to start his head coaching career and didn't want to be the one to push out Boehiem.
I think this is spot on. I agree with this wholeheartedly. Hopkins did not want to push Boeheim out. Probably knew or sensed that JB was not ready to call it quits.

Of course Wildhack will do the best possible job.

But this is a difficult task with a lot of moving parts. If this were a diving meet, I'd put the difficulty level at 9.0 or 10.0.

Just maintaining the program at the level it has been over just the last ten years is going to be difficult because there is greater parity in the sport and because there are more and improved competitors.

When a school like Villanova can win the NC, it means that lots and lots can also. You don't have to be huge. You don't have to be rich. You don't have to have low admissions standards or offer athlete-friendly to reap the tremendous benefits. And there are lots and lots of good players and if you can't find them in the U.S, you can look overseas.

The highest degree of difficulty in diving is currently 4.8. There is no 1 to 10 scale.

Your last question is just silly. SU is heads and tails above Washington and they can't even be mentioned in the same breath. They're not even a serious program in the P12.
Thank you! Was getting to the end of the thread and couldn't believe nobody responded to that ridiculous question.

Why?

Because anyone is better than Boeheim?

Because Hop would have been better than Boeheim?

Because you believe that this new, hot coach would have been an upgrade?

My thought is that any year we have JB coaching is a benefit. And we will have better results with him at the helm then any other alternative. And that's the conclusion Wildhack came to.
If Boeheim isn't going to recruit then yes, anyone is better than him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom