Wildhack | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack

Are there any NFL assistants wanting to return to college FB in a head coaching capacity?
I’m sure the good ones are dying to recruit for a school that’s hard to recruit to.

St. John's is much better position today than Syracuse and will be a better team by a lot. I'll take that for 2-3 years while setting up a seamless transition.
Exhibition loss not withstanding? Lol

I don't think it's emotional at all. He's presided over a years long stench of SUA and hasn't been made accountable for it. The situation with Hillsman would have had Wildhack placed on administrative leave at other schools. Not at SU.
Reread this thread and others. There is a lot of emotions running. I also said I get it. Just how about we see what happens first decisions wise before we blame or say he is not doing anything.

IMO, 99.9% of seasoned/experienced AD's (which John is not) would've already picked his guy based upon what has been quite obvious for some time. The fact that John hasn't to date and has allowed this to go from bad to worse, says plenty as far as I'm concerned.

In my view, he's a 100% path of least resistance guy, and rolls with the better the devil you know than the devil you don't. I have very little confidence/faith that John has a clue of whom his next hire may be, especially without any apparent fall back type SU career person as with lax and hoops. I believe he hoped Dino would have a good season, get to a bowl (not back his way in with a 5-6 game losing streak, or what have you) etc, especially with such a favorable schedule and continue kicking the can down the road.

One huge problem with this type of mindset, 'hope is not a strategy.'
IMO you are flat out wrong in your first paragraph and unless you have personally spoken with him you don't know what he is thinking, his plan or his list of candidates.

IMO you are flat out wrong in your first paragraph and unless you have personally spoken with him you don't know what he is thinking, his plan or his list of candidates.

The fact that I stated on more than one occasion that “it’s my opinion” and “it’s my view” etc., etc, and you still couldn’t help yourself in telling me that I was not just wrong but “flat out wrong” speaks for itself.

I won’t say that you are “wrong” even though you yourself haven’t spoken with him, know his thinking (dah) etc. as I comprehend you qualified it first by saying it was your opinion. I’ll just respect it for what it is…your opinion.

Last edited:
The fact that I stated on more than one occasion that “it’s my opinion” and “it’s my view” etc., etc, and you still couldn’t help yourself in telling me that I was not just wrong but “flat out wrong” speaks for itself.

I won’t say that you are “wrong” even though you yourself haven’t spoken with him, know his thinking (dah) etc. as I comprehend you qualified it first by saying it was your opinion. I’ll just respect it for what it is…your opinion.
The fact that I clearly stated that it was only my opinion sets the framing just as you yourself did. Nor did I say I didn't respect your opinion. Just because someone disagrees does not mean they don't respect it. Your response also tells me all I need to know. If you don't want people to respond to your opinions on a board then I don't know what to tell you. I told you in my opinion why I thought you were wrong. Sorry you didn't like that? That's all. Have a good one.

The fact that I clearly stated that it was only my opinion sets the framing just as you yourself did. Nor did I say I didn't respect your opinion. Just because someone disagrees does not mean they don't respect it. Your response also tells me all I need to know. If you don't want people to respond to your opinions on a board then I don't know what to tell you. I told you in my opinion why I thought you were wrong. Sorry you didn't like that? That's all. Have a good one.

Yeah, whatever, don’t kid yourself, you aren’t fooling me.

I haven’t an issue with people expressing different viewpoints than mine, as no chit it’s a message board, etc. I’ve been here and/or among the various boards since the AOL days.

Folks can disagree without being disagreeable, etc. Your “flat out wrong” at the immediate start of your reply isn’t that, and you know it. Especially, when considering the manner in which you have typically chosen to respond specifically and particularly to my posts in the past. Have a good one.

OK - post back in a couple of years,

If you, a lax guy, cannot see the talent upgrade and needs with Gait I don't know what to tell you. And you, a hoops fan, cannot tell the difference between JJ Starling, Chance Westry verses Buddy's buddies, well...
Agree there are upgrades on both teams.
But, neither has won yet, so until they do, it's an unknown.
Gait has a couple years and Autry has 3.
Hopefully we see a major uptick in wins sooner than that.

Agree there are upgrades on both teams.
But, neither has won yet, so until they do, it's an unknown.
Gait has a couple years and Autry has 3.
Hopefully we see a major uptick in wins sooner than that.

Yep agree

Are there any NFL assistants wanting to return to college FB in a head coaching capacity?
Brian Flores needs to repair his image and probably needs to drop down to college to get a head coaching job. But he was a hot mess in Miami behind the scenes and with his staff and players so I would pass on him...lol

Everything I’ve heard is that ESPN people don’t like him and were glad to see him go.
Well that’s 100% false. I worked closely with him and liked him. Most everyone liked him a lot. That’s why literally every ESPN or former ESPN announcer currently on air speaks highly of him.

But sure LeBatard and Simmons don’t like him. They sure got paid a sh!ton of money under him though.

He’s been the AD here for seven years. When does he become “experienced”? 8 years? 14? 257?

Fair enough.

I realize this can be somewhat subjective. However, FWIW, there’s some articles/info out there on this subject in regards to quantifying what “seasoned” professional may be, and that is one who has 15-20 + years in the ‘same dedicated’ field. In that regard, with his 7 years, he’d fall short.

As with anything in life, one is free to believe what they chose to believe.

WBB - alum
MBB - alum
WLAX - alum
MLAX - alum

That trend doesn't fill me with confidence.
I think the WBB and WLax are great hires. We don't know how Red is going to be yet because he hasn't even coached a real game yet. MLax, the early returns haven't been great, but let's see how it goes next spring.

I think the WBB and WLax are great hires. We don't know how Red is going to be yet because he hasn't even coached a real game yet. MLax, the early returns haven't been great, but let's see how it goes next spring.
I've realized that we are going to get more of someone like Dino for the next 4 years.
The University is going t to cash the checks, and the program will continue to be bad.
They have already built in the excuses for why we can't compete.

Red was a safe choice. If Red fails to produce within his first couple of years, SUBB will be looking outside of the family. I'm not going to further detail this thread with basketball talk, but they could have stayed in the family and hit the ground running immediately with Rick Pitino. He would have picked up the phone if they called him.
It's a stretch to say Pitino is "in the family". I know, he coached here, but that was eons ago and his coaching style is so far from what SU has played the last 26 years.

He needs to be held accountable for this disaster. There needs to be a press conference with a clear plan on how to move forward or he should be let go. How he has handled desko, jb, and now football is laughable.
Somebody needs to provide a job description for AD. People just don't get it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom