will just say | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

will just say

Gloat? Odd post.

I'm just tired of the Pollyanna-ish response to what we're seeing transpire on the court.

I'm far from a Doom and gloomer so don't condescend to paint me as such. But I'm also pragmatic about how the team performs, and I'm not seeing any tangible evidence that this team can be competitive this year, beyond wishful thinking.

after Eli leaves, I don’t see much evidence that these players can be better next season either.

and if we keep missing on talented recruits and/or fail to find a Center with some degree of coordination, the remainder of JB’s tenure is bleak.

Louisville was able to move past Pitino
UNC was able to move past Dean Smith
Villanova was able to move past Rollie

Our next coach will most likely not be a HOF caliber but we should still expect to get a good coach

Nova fans were whining for YEARS until Jay broke through.

Same thing with UNC fans until they had to bring back Roy to win the big one.

No guarantees it’ll be any easier without Boeheim. But we have to try.

Nova fans were whining for YEARS until Jay broke through.

Same thing with UNC fans until they had to bring back Roy to win the big one.

No guarantees it’ll be any easier without Boeheim. But we have to try.

It could take a while but your last sentence says it all. We have to try. Get a coach who is a great salesman with a good scheme and we will be fine.

Heck, maybe we get lucky and Hopkins is our Roy Williams

Last edited:
in light of many of the posts on here in recent days...

careful what u wish for

Your cryptic post can just as easily be flipped around. Careful what you wish for. Are you content to let this continue for 3-4 more years?

I would prefer to go for it and add risk/unknown with a new coach, rather than be complacent and accept mediocrity (or worse). The longer that Syracuse continues to operate off the radar and below the historical standards that JB set, the harder it will be to return to our high bar. We need to make a move now. If it fails, you move on and try again. If we wait a few more years, it will be that much harder to get a rockstar coach and remind others of our historical standard. There are numerous examples of once-great programs that fell on long tenures of subpar performance and have remained stuck there despite prior greatness (especially in football). JB built the foundation of this program. The worst thing we can do is set us on a path that accepts a new normal and unwinds all of his good work...even if that means moving on form him. I believe there is a professional way to still do this where everyone saves face. We need a shot of energy -- not cryptic warnings to the fanbase as if we are so afraid of going from below average to bad.

Mark Turgeon record at Maryland
2011-2012 season 17-15
2012-2013 season 25-13
2013-2014 season 17-15
2014-2015 season 28-7
2015-2016 season 27-9
2016-2017 season 24-9
2017-2018 season 19-13
2018-2019 season 23-11
2019-2020 season 8-0

Maryland is what we can expect when JB retires. They survived their legend.

so did Louisville who just had sanctions last year and are the number 1 team in the nation. For all the discussion about how sanctions hurt us it doesn’t seem to be bothering these teams who did far worse than us but are enjoying success

so did Louisville who just had sanctions last year and are the number 1 team in the nation. For all the discussion about how sanctions hurt us it doesn’t seem to be bothering these teams who did far worse than us but are enjoying success
Louisville has not had sanctions applied yet. Can we please get this fundamental fact straight.

I don’t get it. We all agree he should hang it up, but I’d really like to know what happened in the last 5 years that made you so sour toward him.
Does really mattter at this point? Let red take over to this need to end asap

Does really mattter at this point? Let red take over this need to end asap

I want to hear why KCSU soured on JB. This happened long before anyone realized we had no chance of being good.

You're certainly predictable. Thanks for taking time out from starting another thread to weigh in on my post.
Thanks for offering no opinions but giving passive aggressive clap back to people who have them and you disagree with.

It’s a genius move.
Get a room, already. :rolleyes:

Get a room, already. :rolleyes:
I find nothing more annoying than people who pick on low hanging fruit and offer no opinions but attacking other people’s opinions even if they are ridlicious.
Have a take or tell somebody why they are dumb. That poster does it A LOT.

I fight back at him because I don’t like people that do exactly that. I get plenty wrong and have no problem with people wanting debate who disagree with my opinions.

Louisville was able to move past Pitino
UNC was able to move past Dean Smith
Villanova was able to move past Rollie

Our next coach will most likely not be a HOF caliber but we should still expect to get a good coach

Louisville was a floundering program in CUSA that just pushed the legendary Denny Crum into retirement. And as bad as this is, Crum’s last few years were worse. They went out and got Rick Pitino. I really hope SU has that mentality. I tend to doubt it, but seeing Derrick Coleman angrily tweet that “this isn’t Syracuse basketball” gives me hope that important basketball alumni are starting to get as sick as we are.

I don’t get it. We all agree he should hang it up, but I’d really like to know what happened in the last 5 years that made you so sour toward him.
Saying Its Karma is just that. Look up the meaning of the word. Good and bad, up and down. We have all experienced it. Sometimes its good or bad luck. Sometimes things happen that are out of our control. More often than not things happen as a result of decisions we make. Jim has over the course of his life and career made way more good decisions than bad. He has as a result of those decisions, those actions benefited and had an amazingly successful career. He has done great things for the community and for National charities such as the fight against cancer. He has benefited from his decisions. Personally i think that many of the decisions he has made in the last few years haven't been good and what he is experiencing now as he has experienced in the past is a direct result of those decisions.
Its Karma.

People who posit that JB gets to leave at a time of his choosing are crazed in my view.

Yes, he has played a unique part among college coaches in shaping our program.

But he has committed the classic error of staying beyond his time.

I know Wildhack is a fan, but surely this can be worked out to give us a fresh start in a way that’s not embarrassing to JB.

this video comprises the entire dome 212 section 5 minutes left.

tumblr_min72trIif1ram4r5o1_500.gif

dome looked like a virtual pumpkin patch last night. painted orange. not with fan jerseys but empty seats.

Saying Its Karma is just that. Look up the meaning of the word. Good and bad, up and down. We have all experienced it. Sometimes its good or bad luck. Sometimes things happen that are out of our control. More often than not things happen as a result of decisions we make. Jim has over the course of his life and career made way more good decisions than bad. He has as a result of those decisions, those actions benefited and had an amazingly successful career. He has done great things for the community and for National charities such as the fight against cancer. He has benefited from his decisions. Personally i think that many of the decisions he has made in the last few years haven't been good and what he is experiencing now as he has experienced in the past is a direct result of those decisions.
Its Karma.
Huh

What are some of these decisions

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors