Will Tucker play in our bowl game? | Syracusefan.com

Will Tucker play in our bowl game?

Will Tucker play in our bowl game, or opt out?

• Yes he will play

Votes: 98 46.7%
  • No he will not play

Votes: 112 53.3%

• Total voters

David332

All American
Pretty sure this is going to be lopsided, but curious to see what the general consensus is. Let’s all go on record and make our predictions now!

According to a report, Jared Verse is playing in his and he may be a day 1 pick. I hope Tucker plays. He get a few weeks of rest as does his oline. Does he gain anything if he has a big game?

Last edited:
According to a report Jared Verse is playing in his and he may be a day 1 pick. I hope Tucker plays. He get a few week s of rest as does his oline. Does he gain anything if he has a big game?
It could help his draft ranking, he also may want to play out of pure and simple pride for his school and team. I do think that still exists for many players.

It could help his draft ranking, he also may want to play out of pure and simple pride for his school and team. I do think that still exists for many players.
I admire your faith in team spirit. But we live in a different world today where everything seems to be about money.

But, I hope you are right.

I think the combine is the key for him, he should do well there.

If he does leave, wouldn't that leave SU with just 2 returning backs and 1 coming in?

But we live in a different world today where everything seems to be about money.

Forest Whitaker Laughing GIF

I would very much enjoy seeing him one more time if he decides to play, but I don't expect him to play and I wouldn't blame him one bit if he didn't. Get right. Crush the combine.

I understand both sides of this argument, however, I feel like injuries are either going to happen or they aren't, whether guys play in bowl games or not. Does he stop practicing? Does he stop training for fear of injury? I've seen guys tear pecs, quads, prolapse rectums (seriously) from lifting weights. Guys blow out knees or ankles practicing the shuttle run. Guys get in car accidents (anyone remember USMNT player Charlie Davies missing the 2010 World Cup because of a car crash just a few months before?). These things are rare, but they happen, seemingly out of the blue, with no warning (ask the guy from ELO who got pancaked by a hay bail that randomly rolled down a hill across the country road at the exact moment he was driving by).

Life is dangerous and there are no guarantees no matter what precautions one takes. I strive to live this way and i have always preached it to my kids. Live life and experience as much as you can because shite happens.
He should play if he wants to play, or not if he isn't comfortable.

I understand both sides of this argument, however, I feel like injuries are either going to happen or they aren't, whether guys play in bowl games or not. Does he stop practicing? Does he stop training for fear of injury? I've seen guys tear pecs, quads, prolapse rectums (seriously) from lifting weights. Guys blow out knees or ankles practicing the shuttle run. Guys get in car accidents (anyone remember USMNT player Charlie Davies missing the 2010 World Cup because of a car crash just a few months before?). These things are rare, but they happen, seemingly out of the blue, with no warning (ask the guy from ELO who got pancaked by a hay bail that randomly rolled down a hill across the country road at the exact moment he was driving by).

Life is dangerous and there are no guarantees no matter what precautions one takes. I strive to live this way and i have always preached it to my kids. Live life and experience as much as you can because shite happens.
He should play if he wants to play, or not if he isn't comfortable.
I agree with this. I suspect he won't play because the reward ain't worth the risk. But he could just as easily hurt himself prepping for the combine. We've had a lot of guys get hurt in practice in relatively non-contract situations.

Since he has never played in a bowl game and that the team’s primary goal was to reach a bowl game this year points to him playing in my opinion. Ultimately may come down to the NFL eval he gets. If a day 2 pick potentially no bowl. I

Is it crazy to say he may make his decision based...a LITTLE...on opponent?
This has been more of a grind of a year with lots of stout run D's and not as many bust out games.

If SU is facing another one of those, i think it makes no sense to play. But if SU draws a team that isn't great against the run per se, maybe he considers playing and trying to put up a crooked number in front of a national audience?

This probably has ZERO to do with anything but just throwing it out there.

It would be nice if each bowl would allow 1-2 players on participating teams the opportunity to have a $5MM insurance policy against injury.

Heard something today that makes me less hopeful. Not a rock solid source so I’ll hold out hope.

I think his draft stock has fallen this past season. He might have gone in the second or third round in the last draft. Now, probably round 4 or lower. I think he needs to play and have a big game to hopefully lock in round 4.

The fear of injury thing is interesting. Anyone have any stats about how often good draft prospects get hurt in their bowl game?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom