Will Tucker play in our bowl game? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Will Tucker play in our bowl game?

Will Tucker play in our bowl game, or opt out?

• Yes he will play

Votes: 98 46.7%
  • No he will not play

Votes: 112 53.3%

• Total voters
The actual stat doesn't matter. What matters is that there is still a risk. Not worth it for one last meaningless game.
Just because it’s meaningless to you does not make it so. I’m sorry but I am so tired of this type of talk. It means something to many of us (especially me) and I’m sure it matters to many of the players.

The actual stat doesn't matter. What matters is that there is still a risk. Not worth it for one last meaningless game.
That stat absolutely matters. As someone else pointed out, there's risk in everything. Should he not prepare for the combine for fear of getting hurt? If there's a .0001% chance of getting hurt that's far different than a 25% chance.

Is he healthy now or still dinged up like most said he was during most of the year?

Is he healthy now or still dinged up like most said he was during most of the year?
I think he looked crisp last Saturday. Four more weeks from now? Thinking it’s all systems go.

I could see this going either way really. I think he was playing banged up almost all year and wouldn't be surprised if a month off didn't make him feel a whole lot better and he wanted to showcase his skills one last game while being healthy as a reminder of his actual potential. That could help him a lot come the draft. Otherwise he had just a good year going out. Adding that last, see what I can do when healthy bowl game could be really big for him. He would be proving it instead of scouts needing to take his word for the situation and hoping he is better than his production this year.

Yes there is risk in playing as there always is for any game but there could be greater chance of gain if his projection goes from say 4th round to possible 2nd round or so after the bowl game. That just an uneducated guess.

Shouldn't play. Much more to lose then to gain in this situation. I personally have no issue if he decides to sit out. Gets Allen more reps going into next year.

Yeah he flat out needs to do whatever he thinks is best for his future. If he thinks it's playing one last game then great. If it's not playing and working on combine skills then that's fine also. Sure I would like to see him play but I am not personally angry or disappointed if he doesn't. It will let us see if Allen is a #1 RB or not. Can he handle a full load as #1? He is definitely smaller than Tucker. I think he has really good hands out of the backfield which is nice. How is Allen on blitz pickup? Does he star in the bowl game?

That stat absolutely matters. As someone else pointed out, there's risk in everything. Should he not prepare for the combine for fear of getting hurt? If there's a .0001% chance of getting hurt that's far different than a 25% chance.
No it doesn't matter. There's nothing to gain from playing a middle of the road bowl game and much more to lose.

So you're saying he has as much to gain from playing a middle of the road and meaningless bowl game than preparing for the combine?

Ultimately it's his decision and I'm fine either way.

Last edited:
Just because it’s meaningless to you does not make it so. I’m sorry but I am so tired of this type of talk. It means something to many of us (especially me) and I’m sure it matters to many of the players.
No $#17. I'm excited that we are in a bowl game, even if it's a middle of the road one.

It's obvious that my comment was in the context of a Sean Tucker concentrating for the draft. The bowl game is meaningless for his future. He doesn't need it.

I think there's potentially a better chance he plays if it's the Military bowl in his home state...

Couldn’t that have been said for the BC game? What’s the difference?
Good point. Maybe that's why he appeared to run so tentatively. Saving it for pro day.

What exactly are you going to do for Tucker if he does get hurt and ruins his draft status? I'll help. Nothing. Right before the baseball draft last year, a top pitching prospect hurt his arm pitching in the state tournament. It has cost him millions. His whole life, set up for him if he had sat out. His good friend, also a pitcher, sat out because of the injury to his friend. He is now a millionaire. In the long run of life, this game is meaningless. We are talking about a young man's future. Chances aren't all that great that he would get hurt. But why should he risk it? If it was your son, what would you tell him? You owe it to your school and your friends to play? Or, you owe it to yourself and your family to make sure you are wealthy and taken care of for life? If it was my kid, I would tell him to sit it out. Root like heck for your teammates.

No it doesn't matter. There's nothing to gain from playing a middle of the road bowl game and much more to lose.

So you're saying he has as much to gain from playing a middle of the road and meaningless bowl game than preparing for the combine?

Ultimately it's his decision and I'm fine either way.
I never said it wasn't his decision. I also believe it's his decision. It's the people saying he absolutely should not do it that are trying to tell him what to do.

It's also not accurate to say he absolutely has nothing to gain. It could be the only game he plays all year where he's healthy, if he is indeed healthy and decides to play. That could help with scouts. How much? I don't know. But neither do you.

I also never said the combine and the game had the same value. I simply said the amount of risk does matter and that some amount of risk is unavoidable when deciding to participate in either activity.

I suggest you stop speaking in absolutes and recognize it's not as black and white as you make it out to be. Some guys want to play. Some guys with higher draft prospects, like Jared Verse, are deciding to play, probably because they enjoy the game. Good for them. Some are deciding to sit out. Good for them too.

Last edited:
What exactly are you going to do for Tucker if he does get hurt and ruins his draft status? I'll help. Nothing. Right before the baseball draft last year, a top pitching prospect hurt his arm pitching in the state tournament. It has cost him millions. His whole life, set up for him if he had sat out. His good friend, also a pitcher, sat out because of the injury to his friend. He is now a millionaire. In the long run of life, this game is meaningless. We are talking about a young man's future. Chances aren't all that great that he would get hurt. But why should he risk it? If it was your son, what would you tell him? You owe it to your school and your friends to play? Or, you owe it to yourself and your family to make sure you are wealthy and taken care of for life? If it was my kid, I would tell him to sit it out. Root like heck for your teammates.
I'd tell him to do what he wants. I'd say you could get hurt and cost yourself a boat load of money. I'd also say it may be the last time you're ever a starting player for the rest of your life. You're an adult and you have to weigh the pros and cons and make the decision based on what you value.

I'd tell him to do what he wants. I'd say you could get hurt and cost yourself a boat load of money. I'd also say it may be the last time you're ever a starting player for the rest of your life. You're an adult and you have to weigh the pros and cons and make the decision based on what you value.
What you just said goes without saying. At the end of the day, he is going to do what he wants. If he wants to play, we will play him. If he doesn't, we will play without him. If he plays, I will cheer for him as I do for all of our players. If he doesn't, I won't give it a second thought. We will go with what players we have that want to play. My only point is that if I was asked my someone, anyone, in that position, I would advice them to sit it out. Go have a great pro career and thanks for everything you gave the University that I got my degree from and root for.

Shouldn't play. Much more to lose then to gain in this situation. I personally have no issue if he decides to sit out. Gets Allen more reps going into next year.
agree and would be nice to see Price come out of witness protection too. if Sean plays, I would of course be happy with that but I totally understand if he opts out.

I never said it wasn't his decision. I also believe it's his decision. It's the people saying he absolutely should not do it that are trying to tell him what to do.

It's also not accurate to say he absolutely has nothing to gain. It could be the only game he plays all year where he's healthy, if he is indeed healthy and decides to play. That could help with scouts. How much? I don't know. But neither do you.

I also never said the combine and the game had the same value. I simply said the amount of risk does matter and that some amount of risk is unavoidable when deciding to participate in either activity.

I suggest you stop speaking in absolutes and recognize it's not as black and white as you make it out to be. Some guys want to play. Some guys with higher draft prospects, like Jared Verse, are deciding to play, probably because they enjoy rhe game. Good for them. Some are deciding to sit out. Good for them too.
No one that is saying he shouldn't play is telling him anything. We are giving our opinion of the situation. He will do whatever he wants to do. I will support that decision. I wonder if he decides not to play, will the people that want him to play be as supportive?

I can go further than that and take your argument to its logical conclusion; football is a dangerous sport and can cause permanent brain damage. What are you going to do for him if he gets a TBI in the NFL?

Why should he risk it?

What if it was your son?

It’s just a meaningless game.

This is your argumentation taken to its logical consistent conclusion. And before you say I’m being hyperbolic, there are people who make this argument.

Or is FBS just not as important in your opinion as the NFL? Or is it worth it for these athletes to risk their lives if enough money is on the line?

I suggest you stop speaking in absolutes and recognize it's not as black and white as you make it out to be. Some guys want to play. Some guys with higher draft prospects, like Jared Verse, are deciding to play, probably because they enjoy rhe game. Good for them. Some are deciding to sit out. Good for them too.

You actually think we are telling him what to do by speaking it in a forum??? What power do you feel we have? We gave our opinions that's it? Relax.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom