Will we be on the bubble next year? | Syracusefan.com

Will we be on the bubble next year?

Will we be on the bubble next year?

• Yes

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • No

Votes: 44 59.5%

• Total voters
Team as constructed minus Battle, I'd be more shocked at being on the bubble than I would be contending for a Top 4 seed.

For me bubble is a 8 seed or below.
As the 8-9 games this year
Alabama-Virginia Tech
Seton Hall-NC State
Missouri-Florida State
Creighton-Kansas State

Those were all bubble teams.
That is what I expect next year with our current roster.

I think we'll be in the tournament without having to sweat much on Selection Sunday. However, if Marek or Brissett leave - it may get ugly.

It might be no on both counts if Brissett leaves. and not in a good way on the second.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. But I think with Howard and an improved Marek and healthy Sidibe, JB should be able to squeeze out enough to put them on the bubs.

For me bubble is a 8 seed or below.
As the 8-9 games this year
Alabama-Virginia Tech
Seton Hall-NC State
Missouri-Florida State
Creighton-Kansas State

Those were all bubble teams.
That is what I expect next year with our current roster.
I don't agree with that at all. If you know with a week or two to go before the tournament that you are going to be in the tournament, you are not a bubble team. In your example, 14 or 15 teams could be behind you in the seeding and you are a bubble team?

IMO people are underrating how good Elijah is going to be. He's going to have an immediate major impact on both ends of the court. He's under the radar but has had a full year in our system and has all the tools and talent.

IMO people are underrating how good Elijah is going to be. He's going to have an immediate major impact on both ends of the court. He's under the radar but has had a full year in our system and has all the tools and talent.
I just said the same thing in another thread.

I don't agree with that at all. If you know with a week or two to go before the tournament that you are going to be in the tournament, you are not a bubble team. In your example, 14 or 15 teams could be behind you in the seeding and you are a bubble team?
Agreed none of these 8-9 games involved any bubble teams. These were all solidly in tourney. For P5 teams, the 10 and 11 seeds or above are the bubble teams. I don't think many power 5 schools are 12 and above though. 12-16 are champs and bid stealers in mid majors or low majors.

I just said the same thing in another thread.
I’ve been very hesitant to get too excited about him. His numbers at ECU we’re not good.

But as you and others have started to say good things...I decided to search some film. Nothing all that impressive, but then I saw this clip. At the 1:40 mark, I saw a glimpse of what the staff must be seeing. I’m not saying he’ll replace Tyus(he’s pretty irreplaceable if you ask me), But there’s a crap load of talent there, so I’m gonna start sipping the kool-aid...not taking full swigs just yet!

Yes it will be close. The ACC continues to get stronger.

Probably, at least at some point. And probably never more than a couple losses in a row away from it.

Can he shoot the three? I know at ECU he averaged 27%. Our long range shooting was horrific this year so we def need help in that area.

I’ve been very hesitant to get too excited about him. His numbers at ECU we’re not good.

But as you and others have started to say good things...I decided to search some film. Nothing all that impressive, but then I saw this clip. At the 1:40 mark, I saw a glimpse of what the staff must be seeing. I’m not saying he’ll replace Tyus(he’s pretty irreplaceable if you ask me), But there’s a crap load of talent there, so I’m gonna start sipping the kool-aid...not taking full swigs just yet!

I don't know about Hughes but Barkley had a good game. ;)

I don't know about Hughes but Barkley had a good game. ;)
Haha!! I was actually thinking...wonder what year he is? ;)

If we are an 8-9 seed we have turned into a 2nd tier program. That’s finishing 7th in the conference instead of 9th or 10th. More mediocrity. 2019 isn’t going to be any better either if that’s the case. We have one player signed and Brissett will be gone.

Bubble yes. If OB back possibly a little better. A lot is going to depend on how good Hughes is off the bounce. I’m not worried about Carey. There’s a cap on a team where Frank is asked to do too much WITH the ball. If others can penetrate well where he can just distribute, not get in the way, and maybe have Carey and others set HIM up for threes then I think we should hover around the bubble. The loss of Bazely from a basketball standpoint is huge though obviously no matter how you slice it. He would’ve opened up the floor, helped out with ballhandling, played downhill, etc.

My real concern is that IF we don’t add more bodies who can actually play then we’re woefully thin again. That means Boeheim is going to slow it down again and stall on offense. Just because we got by and snuck into Tournament with a thin roster doesn’t mean it should be the norm.

If we are an 8-9 seed we have turned into a 2nd tier program. That’s finishing 7th in the conference instead of 9th or 10th. More mediocrity. 2019 isn’t going to be any better either if that’s the case. We have one player signed and Brissett will be gone.
lol so you know who we will get in 2019 to already call us a bubble team? What are the lottery numbers for tonight?

So how does one player ( albeit a very talented player but still a freshman at a position we have depth) make the difference between title contender or bubble team? Some of these takes are extreme. If we bring back Oshae and Marek as we expect and Sidibe gets healthy as expected, then the returning group is a lot more solid than what we had this past year. Not title contender out of the gate good but not bubble either. That is giving Bazely a little too much credit and Carey, Buddy and the returning crew too little.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom