Will we see more Taylor up top with Judah? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Will we see more Taylor up top with Judah?

He makes a decent amt that help mo too. Have to be fair.
That's true and Joe has hit some timely ones. He's hit some big shots -- 2 years ago in particular he was low-key a big shot maker

Its good to have options again.
This is what's important.
No reason to dig a huge hole with a poor-performing lineup.
JB has good options available at every position this season.

He shoots enough volume of 3s and at middling enough percentage that advanced statistics don't abhor him. And you're right that FG% is hardly the entire story of a player. It's simply one of the most obvious metrics. However 37% for a 4 year career is bad enough that you would be hard-pressed to find a situation where that player ever even sees the floor.

What does Joe do for us? He is not playmaker. He can't reliably get good shots for himself or others. He's an abominable defender. His rep is as a scorer -- that would be his one saving grace. But the statistics confirm he is not even good at that. My contention is that for all his deficiencies, Girard would have to be MUCH more efficient scorer to garner playing time.
Virginia, Texas, North Carolina and Purdue all have players playing significant minutes with similar stats. His career shooting is actually better than Trevor Cooney and in line with Rautins.

JG does what he’s asked and does it admirably. Could his defense be better? Sure, but to pretend like he wouldn’t get significant minutes on nearly all Power 5 programs is ridiculous.

Also, what player are you watching that you think JG can’t get his own shot, he does it literally every game with his stop and pop jumpers

Virginia, Texas, North Carolina and Purdue all have players playing significant minutes with similar stats. His career shooting is actually better than Trevor Cooney and in line with Rautins.

JG does what he’s asked and does it admirably. Could his defense be better? Sure, but to pretend like he wouldn’t get significant minutes on nearly all Power 5 programs is ridiculous.

Also, what player are you watching that you think JG can’t get his own shot, he does it literally every game with his stop and pop jumpers
I don't believe this is true at all. Rautins while initially quite inefficient made spectacular all-around strides by his senior season -- enough to be drafted. He became much more than a shooter by 09-10 where he was a key piece on what I believe was our best team ever. As to shot creation, I'm talking good shots, not Jimmer shots. You put a halfway competent defender ( just a decent athlete, really) on Joe and he struggles to get looks -- this is indisputable as far as I'm concerned

I don't believe this is true at all. Rautins while initially quite inefficient made spectacular all-around strides by his senior season -- enough to be drafted. He became much more than a shooter by 09-10 where he was a key piece on what I believe was our best team ever. As to shot creation, I'm talking good shots, not Jimmer shots. You put a halfway competent defender ( just a decent athlete, really) on Joe and he struggles to get looks -- this is indisputable as far as I'm concerned
You don’t believe what is true? The stats that are freely accessible online? And who cares if it’s Jimmer shots, if they’re going in at a 38% clip from deep then keep shooting, if you can get towards 40% you definitely keep shooting.

You don’t believe what is true? The stats that are freely accessible online? And who cares if it’s Jimmer shots, if they’re going in at a 38% clip from deep then keep shooting, if you can get towards 40% you definitely keep shooting.
See what is bolded. That's part of the problem -- the Jimmer shots aren't falling at 38%. When Joe shoots a good look from 3, I'm content, whether it goes through the hoop or not.

See what is bolded. That's part of the problem -- the Jimmer shots aren't falling at 38%. When Joe shoots a good look from 3, I'm content, whether it goes through the hoop or not.
Well if you ever find a good shot chart I’d be happy to discuss but until then, I’m going to turn to the numbers and work off those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom