Winter Workouts | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Winter Workouts

4.52 @ 225 and a 39+ vertical to boot? Wow
Wallace's 40 would have put him 3rd for lbs at last year's combine. 2cnd for vert. Griffin ran the best 40 in 15 years, and the next best was 4.51.

Carl Jones 40 is .07 behind the fastest combine time ever (John Ross), and Usain Bolt.

Jawhar Jordans 40 beat all 2018 RBs at the combine.

Ruff with a 4.77 at 303lbs. Faster than all DTs at last year's combine.

We're pretty freaking fast.

Last edited:
Ruffs 40 would tie for the 5th best ever DT combine time.
(Funny that Bailey didn't mention how fast that was for a big man, when the instagram he grabbed the pic from did)

Jones has the 12th best combine time ever, all positions. Only 14 have run under 4.3.

***per pro football reference

Last edited:
Ruff’s and Jones’ times are mind boggling. And Jones is 2nd or 3rd string.
Jones played a lot in the bowl game and looked good. I believe he even started the game with Trill injured that game. I think he's a major contributor for 2019.

Jones played a lot in the bowl game and looked good. I believe he even started the game with Trill injured that game. I think he's a major contributor for 2019.
I don’t think this is correct. He played but if my memory serves it was mop up duty

Not to be a Debbie downer but these times are obviously a little inflated. By how much...who knows?!? I think team speed and caliber of athlete has greatly improved though!

I don’t think this is correct. He played but if my memory serves it was mop up duty
I was at game and shocked to see him and Stritzinger play so much when they barely played during regular season. At the beginning of game I had to look them both up on roster because I did not recognize the unfamiliar numbers on the field. Jones did get a lot of run and not just mop up.

Coach Edinger and his Staff are unbelievably good at what they do. I said it last year the when I saw the 2018 Syracuse University Football Team up close at an event. I remarked to who I was with that this was the first time that I actually felt that Syracuse University Football Players looked like ACC Football Players. Again to Coach Edinger and Staff, tremendous job, keep up it up, you are making the difference. Go Orange!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom