WMU Postgame Discussion. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

WMU Postgame Discussion.

Guys are going to get hurt and miss time. Happens to every school. I just hope that unlike last year, where every injury seemed to be for the year, that they may just miss a bit of time.
Out of Any depth chart, this year gives me the least disdain. We have talent in the 2nd and 3rd strings.

If More comes back healthy that would be nice. Need him at RT now though his first game potentially on the road at Purdue is tough.

Was it Petry at RT for the remainder of the game? I couldn’t tell. Will he get the call or someone else? I think they moved More inside because he was having difficulty on the outside.

Because they rushed most of the team and half the bench on almost every play. Why run?
That’s what I wasn’t sure of. Did we pass because we can’t run or did they stack the box and we took what was given to us?

Was it Petry at RT for the remainder of the game? I couldn’t tell. Will he get the call or someone else? I think they moved More inside because he was having difficulty on the outside.

Could be Petry. Could also be Joe Cruz

More hasn't played yet, so doubtful he gets the nod next week. But he might long-term.

That’s what I wasn’t sure of. Did we pass because we can’t run or did they stack the box and we took what was given to us?

More of, instead of trying to force a circle into a square we took what the D gave us. They overloaded the box, played really soft in the middle and tried to stop deep passes. But the passing game was a no brainer. It would have actually been silly to try to run at times, just no need to and not much room for success.

We have enough good WRs to do well until Gadsden is fully recovered.

But the OL is poor. Very few holes for the RBs, and Shrader is running for his life again. Bad.

People keep getting excited over returning OL but the guys that are returning aren't very good.

I only watched first half as I had a party to go to.

We scored 3 points in the second half?

Did they do a running clock?

Did CDRW look like crap?

What happen?

Interested to see the PFF grades on the OL. I thought Petry looked fantastic after coming in. Bradford got blown up a few times with the blitz. Bleich looked good too.

Beck’s play calling was interesting the first half as it seemed like he was trying to get the bubble/WR screens established despite poor execution. Wish there were more runs called, but I presume they went to the pass to save some mileage on LQA.

Did CDRW look like crap?

What happen?
CDRW had a poor outing.

Tons of subs.

Goal was to shorten the game and burn clock.

Some bad field position plus the above.

Last edited:
I couldn't watch the game. I see Price got the bulk of the carries. Was that because he played that well or were those 2nd half clock burning carries?

I take it Gadsden was hurt early since he only had one catch?

Guys are going to get hurt and miss time. Happens to every school. I just hope that unlike last year, where every injury seemed to be for the year, that they may just miss a bit of time.
Agreed

Did CDRW look like crap?

What happen?
You didn't miss anything. I almost turned it off. We struggled to move the ball with 2nd/3rd string, but I guess it's game experience for all those guys.