Woody Newton transferring to Oklahoma St | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Woody Newton transferring to Oklahoma St

It's unfortunate that the players who left never experienced the Syracuse home game atmosphere or regular college life. Not sure if it would have stopped them from leaving but it certainly would have been influential. Oh well...good luck to the young man.

I'm fairly certain based on 40 plus years of observing and listening to JB that he, more than anything, wants to win the game at hand. If he thought Woody could have helped the team win, he would have played. I really think its that simple. For better or worse, he plays to win the game, player development or any other objective be damned.
I would suggest that JB (and anyone else) probably believes he can win the game at hand while also 'sending a message' or whatever else might have been a motivation for not playing Woody.

Especially if there isn't a clear cut advantage between two players. Maybe you think Woody is more athletic and physical than Braswell, but Braswell is more experienced and defensively 'canny,' and the deciding factor is that Woody was a woody to you in practice.

This new passive aggressive post transfer shade is lame and juvenile. This is now another social media post this time by someone in his corner throwing shade. Moving on is moving on.
Clueless handlers like this are clearly why he transferred. Kids are so soft these days. All they want is praise and adulation, even when it’s not warranted. That said, I like Woody a lot and I think he’ll have a nice career at OKSU. But he’d have had a better career at SU.

Yeah as I have said in previous posts Boynton is going to be a short lister.
I agree he has the potential to be a good coach and is from Brooklyn with great city connections. But let’s pump the brakes a bit. The guy is 1-1 in the NCAA tournament. JB has a better record in the NCAA tourney this season alone. Though Boynton did beat JB in their one head to head matchup.

Woody is yet another example of a player playing worse after leaving Syracuse.

He got more minutes (17) this year but only averaged 4.3 points. His points per 40 minutes fell from 17.5 at Syracuse to about 10.5 during his time at OK St. I really thought Woody would do better. Hopefully he found a good place at G Mason.

always thought OKLAHOMA ST cowboys were a good fit for woody

OIP.Gq4DjRrC9dAeGvn5VYMsxwHaFU.jpeg

george mason. gunston ? is george mason campus on sesame st ?

3117231950_81784c22e9_b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom