Woody Newton | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Woody Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.
We still have no one to dribble and pass. This lineup is still missing a pg who can create for people. Symir averaged 12 minutes a game for a 13-14 team. Per 40 mins he averages 4.8 assists to 2.6 turnovers.

No girard isn’t a PG, he doesn’t create. He’s a shooter. No one to initiate the offense.

We still have no one to dribble and pass. This lineup is still missing a pg who can create for people. Symir averaged 12 minutes a game for a 13-14 team. Per 40 mins he averages 4.8 assists to 2.6 turnovers.

No girard isn’t a PG, he doesn’t create. He’s a shooter. No one to initiate the offense.
Who says we need to dribble and pass

Round and round it goes where it stops nobody knows. Having said that I hope it stops soon.

Honestly, I'm at a bit of a loss right now. I know two moves and they aren't going to set the world a fire. My hope is in the improvement in the kids that are still here. A combo of Buddy and Benny is a good scoring start. And I have and have had high hopes for Jess since he got here. I would be very surprised if we landed Powell. For one thing, I'm not sure we are willing to work that hard. I can't hope I am wrong anymore about that than I do. The same way I felt about Kadary leaving. I'm encouraged that Woody hasn't left yet. Today would have been a good day for that. I don't know, maybe Braswell leaving has him thinking there are only 3 forwards on this team right now. We will see.

I assume the two moves you’re referring to are Symir and Jimmy.

Honestly, as much as people think I hate a lot of stuff. I don’t mind the jimmy stuff. He is a guy that can bang inside and score. I think he will be a very good bench player for us. 3-4 forward I think is a perfect position for him. So help me if he gets any run at Center I will be furious. But I think he can be an above average forward for us. He scored a lot at Cornell. And he wouldn’t be asked to do that, but he could be capable of doing that.

Today begins my countdown to the random day in 6 months where Jake tells us

“Hey guys, word on the street is Symir is really turning heads in practice”

then we’re all like “nuh uhh no wayy”

then he’s magically the second coming

I’ll see myself out

Today begins my countdown to the random day in 6 months where Jake tells us

“Hey guys, word on the street is Symir is really turning heads in practice”

then we’re all like “nuh uhh no wayy”

then he’s magically the second coming

I’ll see myself out
well, you got me to laugh. so there is that.

I would be very surprised if we landed Powell. For one thing, I'm not sure we are willing to work that hard.
That’s discouraging and not surprising. But why do you feel that way? Is it a Powell thing or do you believe the staff just doesn’t want to do the heavy lifting for him or other transfers?

the staff should be using these departures and talent available to try upgrading numerous positions. We know the philosophy isn’t likely to allow a whole lot available to transfers though.

That’s discouraging and not surprising. But why do you feel that way? Is it a Powell thing or do you believe the staff just doesn’t want to do the heavy lifting for him or other transfers?

the staff should be using these departures and talent available to try upgrading numerous positions. We know the philosophy isn’t likely to allow a whole lot available to transfers though.
yeah. I don't see us doing the work needed.

Honestly, I'm at a bit of a loss right now. I know two moves and they aren't going to set the world a fire. My hope is in the improvement in the kids that are still here. A combo of Buddy and Benny is a good scoring start. And I have and have had high hopes for Jess since he got here. I would be very surprised if we landed Powell. For one thing, I'm not sure we are willing to work that hard. I can't hope I am wrong anymore about that than I do. The same way I felt about Kadary leaving. I'm encouraged that Woody hasn't left yet. Today would have been a good day for that. I don't know, maybe Braswell leaving has him thinking there are only 3 forwards on this team right now. We will see.
If Q comes back, Benny comes and Jr signs on Woody is getting limited minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom