Woody Newton | Syracusefan.com

Woody Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuse1055

SU Video Maven
Not sure if Woody is trolling us but IF he is coming back along with Frank and we bring in Symir, Powell, and Jimmy Jr. (even 2 out of the 3) then I’m feeling MUCH better about next year. Crossing my fingers.

Powell and Symir? I want what your smoking. Powell is going to be targeted by all the major players and maybe we have a chance but no way we get both. Hes more of a Longshot then Symir.

Powell also put up 4.7 assists in his short stint before concussion problems.

I know he has family from Syracuse but do we know if any family is still in the area? Could be a difference maker.

I know he has family from Syracuse but do we know if any family is still in the area? Could be a difference maker.

Powell ? Symir of course is local but didn't know that about Powell given he is a Kentucky kid.

Powell ? Symir of course is local but didn't know that about Powell given he is a Kentucky kid.

Yes, it was mentioned in an article that Powell was originally from Syracuse.

Not being negative at all...just being realistic. I hope we land Powell.
Out of the 3 I mentioned, Symir and Jimmy are definitely realistic. That’s why I said “even 2 out of 3” in my original post.

Maybe Gmac can land him.
Maybe he can? Idk to what extent Powells family and CNY ties will play into his decision. He would be one of the top transfers to land out of everyone available in portal IMO. Maybe we have a shot but with the way the roster is looking and who we might have coming in or coming back I just don't see it as an attractive landing spot for him. Doesnt mean I don't want our staff to try...I hope they give the portal hell. Im waiting to see our name pop up with some of these players available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom